PDA

View Full Version : I have a question, I hope someone can help me

ttistin
03-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I am thinking about buying this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8221533

But first I have a question, I hope someone here will know the answer to. With this what do I have to do to get online? I have cable internet on my desktop right now, but I have no idea what I need to do to get online with a laptop. I want it to be wireless.

Thank you

janelle
03-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Contact your service and ask them. We have wireless laptop and we have cable with it. Our service guy came out to connect us up and get us online.

YankeeMary
03-14-2008, 04:15 AM
It already has a wireless card built inside of it so no need to buy one of those. You will need a wireless router, walmart also sells those. Its really quite simple to set up, even though it seems impossible. Most employees at walmart in the electronics will be able to tell you which router you will need. They do not work on commission so they don't care if you buy the most expensive or the cheapest. Good luck.

JKATHERINE
03-14-2008, 08:26 AM
I haven't closely looked at the specs for that particular computer, but personally, if I were going to spend that much money ($548), I'd see if there were something comparable from Dell. JMO. :)

ttistin
03-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I am really not interested in a dell, have heard a lot of neg stuff about them. I am going to go to walmart and look more at it. I have only looked online so I want to go and look at it a little better. Thank you for the replys

froggman
03-14-2008, 02:44 PM
I am really not interested in a dell, have heard a lot of neg stuff about them. I am going to go to walmart and look more at it. I have only looked online so I want to go and look at it a little better. Thank you for the replys

I am a Dell only kind of person. Between myself and the rest of my family we have bought 6 computers from Dell over the last 8 years and haven't had any issues with them. I still have my first computer that I bought 8 years ago and it still works today.
JMO

BBELEAZAHR
03-14-2008, 03:01 PM
PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS COMPUTER!!!! I bought two (for my daughters) and I hate them so much. you have to push the keys really hard to get them to go and its really slow BAD COMPUTER CHOICE. pm me if you need to know more about it

Tasha405
03-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I have an Acer Aspire laptop that I got at Walmart about a year ago and I love it!! I haven't have any problems (knock on wood!!).

whatever
03-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I have a 4 year old dell ( i have had memory etc added. So tech its like new) but i love mine. Never had any trouble with it. Other than usual spyware etc everyone gets from time to time.

squirt661
03-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I also have a 4 year old Dell and would never think of trading it in for anything else. I have had very good luck with it, and recently signed up with Verizon DSL, which makes me have the fastest computer on the block, just joking LOL. But, I do love my Dell.

tracey74
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM
well I have dsl (have a router) and my ex BIL was able to bring his laptop here and connect up right away. he had a built in wireless card. so he was able to find a signal so if it has a built in wireless card you should be able to get a signal I would think (we dont have cable modems in our little town yet) I dont know about cable modems but other than that maybe you can get another ethernet cable and plug it into the laptop and the other end into your cable modem if the wireless part doesnt work?

VenusA423
03-15-2008, 06:13 AM
As others have said, you just need a wireless router hooked up to your PC and that laptop should be able to connect to it. I also have cable internet. Personally, I have my router set up as private and only my husband's laptop can get access to it. Of course, I had to call the router company to help me do that.. lol. When my family was visiting, I added in my sister's laptop, so she could also get online using it.