PDA

View Full Version : petty vent about board contests

itsmetiggy
03-13-2008, 07:33 PM
ok..so i got in on the v-day contest the board was having <the big contest with the dinner gift certs and the roses and the amazon cards> i won second place, i was supposed to get 1 dozen roses and a 5 dollar amazon card on the 9th of feb in PLENTY of time for valentines day the rules said...so i get my amazon card on the 15th of feb with a note saying they are having trouble finding somebody to send the flowers with them using a canadian CC, i had already said i didnt mind the flowers being around the 17th or 18th since i was in the middle of moving...i have NOT heard from them now since the 15th. the first place winner was having the same issues as well and we both told them a company to use that would have no problems with the credit card, im not sure she ever recvd hers either as of the 20th she still had not. this boggles my mind,why hold a contest and not go through with the prizes that were promised, or keep in touch about what is going on with them???? i have pm'ed BBSavings several times with NO reply, and yet they are still posting links to raise money for the board..here it is over a month later and i still have heard nothing..:mad:

dv8grl
03-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Thats total BS! I'd be mad too, a "promise" is a "promise"!

DBackFan
03-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Well its the same old crap only worse. I'm sorry Alex is treating you like this but its par for the course.

Shann
03-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Well its the same old crap only worse. I'm sorry Alex is treating you like this but its par for the course.

:amen I'm sorry you still haven't recieved your prize that is quite crappy. This is a reason why I won't click on things to help raise money for this site... until they can actually start caring about members I'm not going to help them out. It would also be nice if they could fix the items that the mods keep asking, but I guess that won't happen, since they don't deal w/ it I guess they don't care - which is really too bad, this could be a really wonderful site if someone would just step up to the plate and get stuff done. :(

Pepsi4me
03-14-2008, 04:40 AM
That's just suxy of them.

PrincessArky
03-14-2008, 05:10 AM
wow I am sorry this has happened :(

ladybugva
03-14-2008, 05:15 AM
glad we know that happened but sorry it happened to you. I would be mad also

itsmetiggy
03-14-2008, 05:20 AM
ty guys..yea i def wont be buying anything through anymore board links...id rather give my money somewhere else

Jolie Rouge
03-14-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't even bother to enter the contests... or click on the "fundraiser links"

catdance
03-15-2008, 07:51 AM
When you click on these things you are making Alex or whomever money, you are using his portal, and he gets paid for these things, I pass on all of them..sorry but I am sure within 6 months ..LOL..he will make it good, I can only hope for you..fingers crossed.

Willow
04-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Did you get your roses and gift certificate yet? I see they are running another contest in the free stuff forum.

itsmetiggy
04-03-2008, 05:53 AM
Thanks Patchouli...no I never did get the roses, and ill probably be banned now because i suggested on the new contest they take care of old biz first...but oh well

PrincessArky
04-03-2008, 05:59 AM
Thanks Patchouli...no I never did get the roses, and ill probably be banned now because i suggested on the new contest they take care of old biz first...but oh well

I cant say I blame you ONE bit

Willow
04-03-2008, 06:01 AM

That sucks! It just goes to show that they are using the members here for their own profit.

PrincessArky
04-03-2008, 06:06 AM
That sucks! It just goes to show that they are using the members here for their own profit.

exactly :( :( :( :(

DrGrin
04-06-2008, 12:12 PM

Not only that, but they are violating the terms of the affiliate agreements by offering any types of incentives for people to click through those links and buy stuff.

Willow
04-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Not only that, but they are violating the terms of the affiliate agreements by offering any types of incentives for people to click through those links and buy stuff.

That's very interesting. LOL

Jenefer3
04-06-2008, 02:42 PM
That does suck, especially since they aren't answering you.
This is why I'm not doing the contest. Remember that one they did about signing up for the newsletter? Well when I signed up for it, I was under the impression that I was going to get a newsletter, not spam. I have gotten a few newsletters but over the last 3 weeks I've gotten 2 emails from "Peter" at BigBigSavings letting me know I can get a gift card to a certain store if I complete offers. I think it says 2 gold, 2 silver, and 2 platinum or something like that. I got tired of it so I ended up unsubscribing.

Hope you get your flowers at some point this year.

loveswolfs
04-06-2008, 02:53 PM
That does suck, especially since they aren't answering you.
This is why I'm not doing the contest. Remember that one they did about signing up for the newsletter? Well when I signed up for it, I was under the impression that I was going to get a newsletter, not spam. I have gotten a few newsletters but over the last 3 weeks I've gotten 2 emails from "Peter" at BigBigSavings letting me know I can get a gift card to a certain store if I complete offers. I think it says 2 gold, 2 silver, and 2 platinum or something like that. I got tired of it so I ended up unsubscribing.

Hope you get your flowers at some point this year.

Ive been getting those e-mails too & i thought i read we wouldnt be getting spam from them just the bbs news letter each month :mad:

Jenefer3
04-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Ive been getting those e-mails too & i thought i read we wouldnt be getting spam from them just the bbs news letter each month :mad:

Well I'm glad it wasn't just me getting them but it really sucks that I had to unsubscribe just so I didn't have to deal with that. I don't really care for spam

Peri
04-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Did anyone else notice that the BBS weekly subscription email with the Amazon gift certificate prize went down from $25 to a now $10 gift certificate?

I noted there was nothing mentioned about the "why" of this in the BBS email. Thought it was a bit unfair, considering they had a huge "sign up" with the promise of the drawing for the $25 gc every week.

ahippiechic
04-06-2008, 07:08 PM
I noticed that they said in the new contest thread that it was an oversight & had been taken care of. Just wondering if it actually was, since she hasn't posted in here since then.

Willow
04-07-2008, 06:08 AM
The owners are only out for money. If they really cared about this board or the people here they would fix the problems with the board and would take more of an interest in what goes on here. Their only interest is to make money.

BBSavings
04-15-2008, 10:21 PM
The original matter at topic was in fact an oversight... and everything was taken care of,, and no, we're not going to ban this member, even though starting separate threads and posting in OTHER contest threads instead of just pm'ing is a little excessive..

Think about it why would we intentionally let people win contests and then not come through? Everyone that's participated in any contest in the last 6 months has gotten their prizes, you can search the contests and see the hundreds of 'thank you' posts.

BUT FYI. Any further public bitter complaints will NOT be tolerated, especialy ones that can be resolved by PM.

Another note, Patchoulli, and others who think the sole purpose of this board is money... You have to consider the costs of running a 50+k member board, along with bandwidth , hosting expenses, constant hacker monitoring, are not that low.. The contests are pure and simple BONUSES to our readers, because I can assure you the prizes given away surpass any 'comissions' received in the process ten fold at least.

To all others who contribute, and like this board, we appreciate each and every member, and their opinions.. If you have questions, concerns or complaints -- PM us... badmouthing us FIRST and THEN expecting a reasonable resolution to a matter is probably a bad way to go about things...

Yours truly

Admin

Willow
04-16-2008, 03:55 AM
The original matter at topic was in fact an oversight... and everything was taken care of,, and no, we're not going to ban this member, even though starting separate threads and posting in OTHER contest threads instead of just pm'ing is a little excessive..

Think about it why would we intentionally let people win contests and then not come through? Everyone that's participated in any contest in the last 6 months has gotten their prizes, you can search the contests and see the hundreds of 'thank you' posts.

BUT FYI. Any further public bitter complaints will NOT be tolerated, especialy ones that can be resolved by PM.

Another note, Patchoulli, and others who think the sole purpose of this board is money... You have to consider the costs of running a 50+k member board, along with bandwidth , hosting expenses, constant hacker monitoring, are not that low.. The contests are pure and simple BONUSES to our readers, because I can assure you the prizes given away surpass any 'comissions' received in the process ten fold at least.

To all others who contribute, and like this board, we appreciate each and every member, and their opinions.. If you have questions, concerns or complaints -- PM us... badmouthing us FIRST and THEN expecting a reasonable resolution to a matter is probably a bad way to go about things...

Yours truly

Admin

How many times have the mods pm'ed the admins about things and have never gotten a response? Do you have any idea how many things are wrong with this board? We really need for the IP ban to be lifted because of the problem with the spammers but no one seems to care about that as well as the many other problems. I'm sorry if you see it as bad mouthing but we get frustrated at the way the board is run. All we ever get are promises and nothing becomes of it. I know you will probably say to handle this through a pm but what good has that done before.

myspirit
04-16-2008, 05:10 AM
Careful Patch. I would hate for you to get banned. I do agree with all of your comments!! Thanks for your hard work!

JKATHERINE
04-16-2008, 05:12 AM
And what about changes made to the board without the mods being notified? One day you can write F*** and the next day you can't? So what's the rule? Swearing is allowed, or is it not? It's hard when the admin don't communicate with the mods. How can the mods effectively moderate a board where the rules are always changing and they're not being informed?

PrincessArky
04-16-2008, 05:18 AM
Careful Patch. I would hate for you to get banned. I do agree with all of your comments!! Thanks for your hard work!

now if they did that which I cant this this board going on w/out Patch but I know wherever she went I would follow and not look back. She works her butt off here and I hope everyone sees just how hard she does work

Willow
04-16-2008, 05:29 AM
And what about changes made to the board without the mods being notified? One day you can write F*** and the next day you can't? So what's the rule? Swearing is allowed, or is it not? It's hard when the admin don't communicate with the mods. How can the mods effectively moderate a board where the rules are always changing and they're not being informed?

Swearing was allowed again. Jon or Brandon (can't remember which one) had made a post about how the board was going to be more laid back and that swearing was going to be allowed and then all of a sudden one day the word filter was on again. Members were asking us about it but we had no clue it was back on again.

Willow
04-16-2008, 05:30 AM
now if they did that which I cant this this board going on w/out Patch but I know wherever she went I would follow and not look back. She works her butt off here and I hope everyone sees just how hard she does work

Ahhh thanks. :hug

PrincessArky
04-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Ahhh thanks. :hug

ah sweetie I hope you know this place would never be the same w/out you

Willow
04-16-2008, 05:37 AM
ah sweetie I hope you know this place would never be the same w/out you

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Willow
04-16-2008, 05:37 AM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-topic-chat/525912-new-forum-management.html

Here is the post where Jon said the board was going to have a more laid back feel and the profanity was allowed. It's post number 7.

DBackFan
04-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Patch you know how well loved you are here including by me! I do want to say in Michaels defense though that he has answered my PM's to him and was very respectful to me as a member. Maybe you guys are trying to address the wrong people (ie: Alex, Jon or Brandon)

itsmetiggy
04-16-2008, 10:57 AM

First off yes this was FINALLY resolved, after being told by you it would be handled that night I STILL had to pm you AGAIN a few days later and remind you I was still waiting, and it was taken care of with a subsititute prize I originally turned down I took it to be done with this whole thing. And this was the only thread started to vent about this issue, I think the same thing has happened to other members and we should be able to talk to each other about it, it's funny because the only way I finally got a resolution from you after pm'ing you several times was after I posted in that contest thread...So the fact is I DID try to take care of this in private and then gave up when noone bothered to return my messages.

ahippiechic
04-16-2008, 11:12 AM
I ASSumed the word censor was turned back on because of needing to keep some things from being posted. But you can have it censor those words and not anything else. The IP ban being fixed would be great and save us a lot of trouble , not having to ban the same spammer several times a day. Also Katt needs access to things she SHOULD Be able to access as an admin. BUT I don't think Michael is the one to ***** too. Brandon & Alex know our issues, they just choose not to do anything about it.

I do think the contest slight was an oversight, everyone else did get their prizes in the other contests. I don't know if she PM'ed Michael 1st or not,t hat should have been the 1st step, but if she did and nothing was done, I understand her wanting to complain about it and let others know.

As far as making money here, of course they need to, for the reason's Michael stated above. And the affiliate money from Amazon or the Disney store isn't going to make anyone rich. They don't have to have those forums for us or they could charge for being a member, a lot of places do that now.

ahippiechic
04-16-2008, 11:13 AM
PS...Did I say that I really hate that word filter...........

itsmetiggy
04-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Here are the steps I had to go through just to get something I was promised, and yes I know the first prize winner was also having issues getting her flowers and got her gift certificates too late to use them for v-day, she has not been back since this issue so who knows if she got a replacement for the flowers....even after I was told this was taken care of it took TEN days and yet another pm from me to get the code....

BBSavings 2-15-2008 12:52 pm
re: contest

Hey there, please find attached the Amazon Coupon code for $5 which you've won:

As far as the flowers go, we are finding it a bit difficult to find a retailer that will accept a canadian credit card for a delivery with in the USA. We will continue looking, but you always have the option of accepting an additional $20 amazon gift certificate instead.

Let us know

Congratulations once again, and happy valentine's day!

-Big Big Savings team

itsmetiggy 2-16-2008 9:18pm
BigBigDisneyNut
Thank you, you shouldn't have any trouble with 1-800-flowers.com I do orders like that all the time

itsmetiggy 2-20-2008 9:26am
BigBigDisneyNut

Re: contest

Hi there, any news on the roses yet?

itsmetiggy 2-28-2008 3:09pm
BigBigDisneyNut

Hello,
I sent you another pm 9 days ago about my flowers I still have not recieved a reply to the message or my flowers. Can you please let me know what is going on with them? I intentionally went though that link and purchased things I really did not need to get into this contest. thank you

BBSavings 4-03-2008 9:53 am

Hey there. I have delegated this flower task to someone, clearly It wasn't done, even though I was told it was handled.

I do hold myself personally responsible because i didn't follow up. My apologies.

I can offer you a $25 DisneyStore certificate or $25 Amazon certificate personally to remand this and to stick by my word. Let me know which one you'd like and i'll quickly PM it over.

Thanks for your patience.

-M

itsmetiggy 4-03-2008 10:31am
BigBigDisneyNut

I suppose the Amazon, thank you for getting this cleared up.

BBSavings 4-03-2008 10:36am

OK i'll buy it from amazon personally today after work and send it to u via PM,
-M

itsmetiggy 4-11-2008 9:01am
BigBigDisneyNut

Still waiting....

BBSavings 4-13-2008 11:52PM

hey there.

it was finally sent to me.
sorry so much for the delay
amount:
$XX.00
claim code:
XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX

have a great week

-Mike

babydoll_jen
04-16-2008, 12:43 PM
I got warned for posting about this in the contest thread. LOL And my post deleted.:wamb :wamb

Bahet
04-16-2008, 12:45 PM
I ASSumed the word censor was turned back on because of needing to keep some things from being posted. But you can have it censor those words and not anything else. The IP ban being fixed would be great and save us a lot of trouble , not having to ban the same spammer several times a day. Also Katt needs access to things she SHOULD Be able to access as an admin. BUT I don't think Michael is the one to ***** too. Brandon & Alex know our issues, they just choose not to do anything about it.

The censor in VBulletin doesn't automatically censor things. You have to tell it what words to censor and put in the ** or xx or whatever other symbol you want to replace those words. Someone didn't just click the censor on. They took the time to think of and type out every single word that is censored.

ahippiechic
04-16-2008, 02:27 PM
The censor in VBulletin doesn't automatically censor things. You have to tell it what words to censor and put in the ** or xx or whatever other symbol you want to replace those words. Someone didn't just click the censor on. They took the time to think of and type out every single word that is censored.

Oh, on Invision, you can turn it off. When you enable it again, the words from before are still in there.

Bahet
04-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh, on Invision, you can turn it off. When you enable it again, the words from before are still in there.

On VBulletin you have to type it all in again. We had a censor long ago and then turned it off. It was turned on again over a year ago because MWT was a huge mess and some of the nastiest people ever were spewing word vomit all over the place. I had to go in and re-add words as I thought of them. They came up with some things that would make a sailor blush. Just to check it again I went in a bit ago and turned it back on. Nothing was censored because I didn't add the words again. It didn't store them.

ahippiechic
04-16-2008, 04:51 PM
On VBulletin you have to type it all in again. We had a censor long ago and then turned it off. It was turned on again over a year ago because MWT was a huge mess and some of the nastiest people ever were spewing word vomit all over the place. I had to go in and re-add words as I thought of them. They came up with some things that would make a sailor blush. Just to check it again I went in a bit ago and turned it back on. Nothing was censored because I didn't add the words again. It didn't store them.

Well whoever added the words to this one did not do a good job! :D

Bahet
04-17-2008, 08:15 AM
You can still use words from other countries you bloody buggers. :rofl:

ahippiechic
04-17-2008, 08:17 AM
You can still use words from other countries you bloody buggers. :rofl:

LMAO! Yeah, my DH spent most of his teen years in Europe so he had some suggestions for me. Oh well, I can swear in Spanish, German and Romanian too! :dancing: