PDA

View Full Version : can't call my friend

ladybugva
03-09-2008, 07:35 PM
I know that I have wined about not having friends here. Different whine this time.

That said I have on friend that lives in the same city but is an hr away. We went to college tog. They have a lot of financial problems, mostly b/c of her lazy husband... but that's a different vent.

Well their phone is off now. She called a while back and gave me her pay as you go cell number and that is off now also. She works days and drives all over town so family can watch her youngest. She works at a day care and takes her older child there. So we don't get to catch up a lot as it is b/c we work different shifts and can't get tog. being that far apart.

I guess i will have to do it the old fashion way and send her a letter. I haven't been able to talk to her in prob. 2 months.... hope all is ok w/ them. I have no way of finding out. :sigh

dangerousfem
03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
can you call the daycare and talk to her a few mins? Hope all is well with them

ladybugva
03-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't know the name of the place and honesty I am worried that she would get in trouble. She always has stories of stuff going on there or her getting in trouble. She is a bit of a drama queen so I take some of the stories in stride. LOL

peaceluver
03-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I am sorry that you cant talk to your friend. I know that sometimes it just feels good to talk things out with friends.

PrincessArky
03-10-2008, 04:20 AM
sorry you cant get in touch with her.......maybe once they get their income tax back they can pay the phone bills and be back in touch soon :)

freeby4me
03-10-2008, 04:36 AM
What I would do is find a nice little thinking of you card and send it to her. Just a little note of "Havent heard from you in awhile, hoping all is going well, get ahold of me soon" that way you're not going into a big thing with her and she'll still know you care!!

ladybugva
03-10-2008, 04:59 AM
yeah I was thinking of making a card to send her.

We considered getting her a phone card or piggy back on our phone but at the same time, we have our own responsibilities to take care of. They make ok money and rent a house so not sure why they are having so much trouble right now... I blame the DH. LOL

freeby4me
03-10-2008, 05:37 AM
yeah I was thinking of making a card to send her.

We considered getting her a phone card or piggy back on our phone but at the same time, we have our own responsibilities to take care of. They make ok money and rent a house so not sure why they are having so much trouble right now... I blame the DH. LOL

Dont blame the DH, blame her for putting up with it. Its THEIR battle. As far as the phone, absolutely DO NOT DO THAT! Do you like your credit? Well keep it, dont share it. Thats the fastest way to get it ruined.

tnfuhs
03-10-2008, 05:48 AM
I know she's one of your best friends, but I don't think its a good idea to do the phone for them, unless you pay the bill yourself, so it doesn't ruin your credit. I have been screwed over so much by family, and close friends and have ruined my credit over it to. It's tough love, to decide what to do, but if she's a good friend, she will find a way to contact you to let you know she's okay.

ElleGee
03-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Dont blame the DH, blame her for putting up with it. Its THEIR battle. As far as the phone, absolutely DO NOT DO THAT! Do you like your credit? Well keep it, dont share it. Thats the fastest way to get it ruined.

freeby4me is right.. *nod

mosdata1
03-10-2008, 09:54 AM
I would not put her on my plan, but maybe you could send her a $10 phone card she could apply to her pay as you go phone in your letter to her? I'm not sure how that would work for you, but it's just a suggestion.
I hope you hear from her soon.

ladybugva
03-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh I watch enough Judge Judy and People Court to know not to give them a phone w/ us. LOL It was one of those "wish I could do something" thought. That's a good idea about the phone card. It's a hard place b/c I want to help but b/c she is open about her finance I hear story after story about daddy or others bailing them out. We have made some bad decision financially in our past and learned from them. I want to talk to her and help her but don't want to enable her.
Thanks for the kinds words :)

tough guy
03-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I would send her a nice little Easter Card with a small, phone card she could use to call you . I do that sometimes with my friends who live far away or they do not have long distance.

belleofpa
03-10-2008, 05:10 PM
How about with the card, try and find a gift card for her cell phone? Send that along with the other card and ask her to call you.

Shann
03-10-2008, 11:12 PM
I hope you get a hold of her, I know how frustrating that is.