PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Actor Is Dying.....

chazsgirl
03-09-2008, 05:13 PM
OH MY GOSH! I JUST LEARNED TODAY THAT MY FAVORITE ACTOR EVER HAS CANCER. PATRICK SWAYZE! HE IS JUST THE MOST HANDSOME MAN EVER! I AM SO SAD, OK I HAVE NEVER MET HIM BUT HAVE LOVED HIM FOR 22YRS.(SINCE I WAS 6 AND THE 1ST TIME I EVER SAW DIRTY DANCING!) THIS SUCKS THERE GOES ANY CHANCE OF HIM COMING TO RESCUE ME! :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh

tnfuhs
03-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Don't fret, let's hope all our prayers are answered, and he makes it thru it.

EMSnurse
03-09-2008, 06:51 PM
:pray :pray Oh, that is sad. He's always been my favorite too.

PrincessArky
03-10-2008, 04:18 AM
the doctors say he has a very good chance of surviving

Willow
03-10-2008, 05:38 AM
I don't think he's dying. I read an article on the Comcast web page that said the media is making it sound a lot worse than it really is and that he has a very limited amount of the disease. He was even cleared to keep working. He's in the process of making two movies. One which will be in the theater and one that will be a tv movie. They said he's responding very well to the treatment.

chazsgirl
03-10-2008, 05:41 AM
I don't think he's dying. I read an article on the Comcast web page that said the media is making it sound a lot worse than it really is and that he has a very limited amount of the disease. He was even cleared to keep working. He's in the process of making two movies. One which will be in the theater and one that will be a tv movie. They said he's responding very well to the treatment.

that's exciting to hear, my husband told me yesterday and I looked on as many sites as possible and it said he had a small amount but he still had a small amount of time to live.

dcut4
03-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Found this:

American actor Patrick Swayze, best known for his roles in the movies 'Dirty Dancing' and 'Ghost', has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, 'People' magazine reported Wednesday.

Rumors were swirling last week on the Internet about the severity of his condition. Army Radio reported Thursday that Swayze was given five weeks to live and had already lost 10 kg.

Swayze's doctor, George Fisher, contradicted such reports in a statement on Thursday. "Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far.

"All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic."

The 55-year-old actor was voted Sexiest Man Alive by 'People' magazine in 1991, is reportedly continuing his normal schedule and working on upcoming projects.

The US National Cancer Institute estimates there will be 37,680 new cases of pancreatic cancer in 2008 with 34,290 deaths in the US; only 5 percent of patients live more than five years after being diagnosed.

chazsgirl
03-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Found this:

American actor Patrick Swayze, best known for his roles in the movies 'Dirty Dancing' and 'Ghost', has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, 'People' magazine reported Wednesday.

Rumors were swirling last week on the Internet about the severity of his condition. Army Radio reported Thursday that Swayze was given five weeks to live and had already lost 10 kg.

Swayze's doctor, George Fisher, contradicted such reports in a statement on Thursday. "Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far.

"All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic."

The 55-year-old actor was voted Sexiest Man Alive by 'People' magazine in 1991, is reportedly continuing his normal schedule and working on upcoming projects.

The US National Cancer Institute estimates there will be 37,680 new cases of pancreatic cancer in 2008 with 34,290 deaths in the US; only 5 percent of patients live more than five years after being diagnosed.

5% live, wow thanks that makes me feel better! Home alone going to watch Dirty Dancing!

squirt661
03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
For what it is worth, I have no idea what ******* started this rumor about him. I love him also, and I believe it was not his manager to drum up support, because when he was not even in the picture, making movies or whatever, he left us all with a good feeling and lived his private life. I believe, if he has a lawyer, he should check into this, as he rocks, and does not need the publics sympathy support if and I do hope it is not needed. It's been on all the computer day in and day out, so, who really knows, because if I read in in the Enquirer, I would have ignored it. Either way, GOOD LUCK Patrick. All our prayers are with you.

Willow
03-10-2008, 06:07 PM
For what it is worth, I have no idea what ******* started this rumor about him. I love him also, and I believe it was not his manager to drum up support, because when he was not even in the picture, making movies or whatever, he left us all with a good feeling and lived his private life. I believe, if he has a lawyer, he should check into this, as he rocks, and does not need the publics sympathy support if and I do hope it is not needed. It's been on all the computer day in and day out, so, who really knows, because if I read in in the Enquirer, I would have ignored it. Either way, GOOD LUCK Patrick. All our prayers are with you.

What rumor are you talking about? Do you mean the rumor that he only has weeks to live? Him having pancreatic cancer is not a rumor. He does have it. It's just not as bad as some of the media is making it sound.

squirt661
03-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeap, that was the rumor I was talking about. Either way I am sad it is true, but happy it's not as bad as they said. Thanks for clearing that up for me.