PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a theme in your bathroom? If so what is it?

Beso
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I am in search of a new theme for my bathroom. I need some ideas.

Right now the kids bathroom is done in frogs, so I can't have 2 bathrooms done in the same. As much as I'd like too. My bathroom right now is done in Simpsons, Marge, Homer.. (dh had it that way before I moved in here) Over the last year I have painted the kids rooms, my kitchen, dining room, living room, and redecorated the kids bathroom. So my brain is fried. I really perfer something that is different. And something that Dh won't disapprove of. He really isn't picky, but if I turn it into a girl, girl bathroom I think he would freak.

Any ideas? Or what is your bathroom done in??

ThAnKs..

freeby4me
03-07-2008, 04:47 PM
You could always go a nautical theme.

Do you have any natural lighting? Bathtub or Shower stall only? Pedastal sink or bigger cabinet style? what about closets?

4diego
03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Our master bath is done in the sun, moon, & star theme. The kids bathroom is frogs. At our old house I did nautical in the master bath and Rugrats in the kids bath. My best friend just re-did her bathroom with a nautical theme and found some sandy looking paint at like Lowes & it has glitter in it. It's pretty cool!

BigLyd1
03-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't have my bathrooms decorated but I've seen some nice ones with a ******** type theme or things from the ocean.

Unicornmom77
03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
My bathroom is ducks... cheesy but I like it :)

Jenefer3
03-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Mine is light purple and light green with dragonflies on it. It wasn't my first choice but this house we moved into has a green tub (not that ugly green of older appliances) and I just had to find a theme to match it...oddly enough, it matches perfectly! Weird.

sheila_361
03-07-2008, 05:14 PM
my walls I have painted a very light lilac color and have an ocean theme going, have some sea shells in a basket sitting on the back of the toilet, a little fisherman's net that I put some shells through, and a pic of some sea shells, that's just my downstairs bathroom, the other two have no theme yet. My master bath is painted peach, and the other bathroom is painted like a military green color *UGH*, it's going to get re-painted next year.

janelle
03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I have a messy theme. It gets staightened at times, then it has a just cleaned theme.

Beso
03-07-2008, 05:26 PM

Do you have any natural lighting? Bathtub or Shower stall only? Pedastal sink or bigger cabinet style? what about closets?

Thats an idea, but I was actually considering that for the front room of the house (was a porch at one time, then the pevious owners closed it in)

No natural lighting at all. guess I am safe when we get another storm. We have a bath tub all in one, that is a beige/ tan color. I have a bigger cabinet style sink, no closets. Its not very big, but still bigger then my last one at the old house..

Thanks for all the ideas!~

tuggerbug
03-07-2008, 06:06 PM
My neighbor just redecorated one of her baths. She did it with a birdhouse theme and some vines that look like ivy. It's really nice.

Idashopper
03-07-2008, 06:23 PM
My theme just revolves around what shower curtain I buy at the time. This one is colored blocks, so I found a candle to match and some things to highlight the colors and that is it.

Also each shower curtain I buy has common colors with the rest of the house.

ladybugva
03-07-2008, 06:42 PM
the master doesn't have one yet. They have the curtain that matches my coverlet at Kohls but I am waiting for it to go on a good sale first. LOL

The boys have a Star Wars shower curtain but I can't find any thing to go w/ it.

The down stairs is working toward a nature type thing. Like picts. that I take of flowers and stuff. The nick nacks accessories are all birds, just how it's worked its self out so far.

rlynn411
03-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Our sort of took on beach a theme when we totally remodeled the bathroom. Our paint is a "sandy" textured blue/gray - ended up finding pictures at Garden Ridge that were beach scenes with a whitewash frame. Added a starfish - and found at Michael's a container like thing that has lighthouses, shells, starfish hand painted on it tossed in some fake grass like greenery and topped it off with sea shells as filler. Still looking for that perfect shower curtain -to replace the one with shells and such on it.

DBackFan
03-07-2008, 07:24 PM
My Master Bath is all Palm Tree themed with some beaches tucked in.

My guest bath us done in all Dutch, with Delft Blue and white all over. Windmills etc.,

jnc880
03-07-2008, 10:57 PM
i personally like playboy bunny thats what my bathroom is oh yea and real waterfall pictures framed

myspirit
03-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Done in purple and bright colors, kinda retro hippie I guess.

RNB16
03-08-2008, 06:03 AM
I found the cutest stuff at Bed Bath & Beyond, it's Monkeys (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=110327&RN=369). A little kidish but not too much, it's 3 monkeys doing the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. I haven't gotten it yet but hopefully once we are done finishing our downstairs that's what I'll get.

G'maDebbie
03-08-2008, 06:49 AM
I have two bathrooms, one for me and hubby and one for the kids. The kids bathroom is a sea shell theme and mine is cherub angels.

MsLynn
03-08-2008, 08:06 AM
my bathroom is in NASCAR. woooohooooo, and the boys bathroom is in just Green, lol. fround the rugs and toilet covers on sale at the dollar store that matches the print in their shower curtain. they have a 5 year age difference so the probably won't agree on a theme for a while so they just have a color

ahippiechic
03-08-2008, 08:08 AM
I have palm tress in my bathroom right now, but am eventually going to do it in red/black w/dragons, like most of the other rooms.

4diego
03-09-2008, 07:16 AM
One of my friends did a whole texas hold'em theme in her guest bath, it's really cute. And it's right off their game room so it's pretty neat.

flute
03-09-2008, 07:25 AM
My theme's just the color BLUE :) blue shower curtain, blue lil valance on the window, blue flowers painted at the top of the room and blue lil butterflies and blue strips in my lil pantry kinda closet thing it's my favorite room in the whole house :)

lymi
03-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Fish. I think it goes nice with the water

SHERY123
03-09-2008, 09:45 AM
my hubby thinks we should have a red/whit ebathroom so we can use all the cvs bags in the trash can :) lol

diana_circe
03-09-2008, 09:47 AM

That's what I was thinking. I love that look.

I need one for mine too, but don't have the money to invest in that right now. Maybe some day. I like rubber ducks for a theme for the main bath and fish for the kids' bath.

ElleGee
03-09-2008, 10:03 AM
If you seen my basement bathroom you wouldn't believe it.. It's done in fish and blue..it was done before we bought the house.. Our powder room is done in yellow tile and has no theme yet.. the upstairs bathroom is brown and beige and has no theme as of yet

JustDoIt
03-09-2008, 10:36 AM
The theme in my bathroom is "Messy Wet Towel Chic". LOL

Katt
03-09-2008, 11:34 AM
The kids bathroom in my house is blue with fish themes, all the way down to the bubble glass looking toilet seat. Hate that dang room.

Mine is done in lodge and rustic. Lots of wood, burgundy and hunter green. It matches my bedroom which is rustic also. (I'm not the girly type lol)

hotwheelstx
03-09-2008, 11:37 AM
When I was single my bathrooms usually were floral, check prints. Since marriage....Aggie would be pleased if it was Army green...not happening. Really don't have a theme for either bath. Both are mauve, green, beige. Maybe I'll shock Aggie and put up Strawberry Shortcake....neice would love it......:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Pepsi4me
03-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Our bathroom in our master Bedroom is done in green & palm trees. Green is my favorite color.

The main bathrrom by our daughters bedrooms is done in Blue & purple which is their favorite colors.

Tasha405
03-09-2008, 12:21 PM
I have a hearts & stars set in my bathroom. You can see it here...
http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?I=AZC&N=36+11+4294966331&Nao=0&R=846100014AZC4&product=Heart-and-Star-Bath-Coordinates#

Aloha from paradise
03-09-2008, 12:58 PM
My husbands bathroom has been done by our cockatoo Lucy. It's called the shread all the wood. She goes in with Randy when he takes a bath and she has torn the wood up. The wood on the mirror,door jam,cabinets you get the picture. Randy has put up wood for her to chew on. It looks like crap but we will not redo the bathroom until my father-in-law dies and then we will fix it up before we move. Lucy would just distroy it again so why bother. Just gotta watch out for splinters on the door:) It's really amazing what damage that beak can do!

Shann
03-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I really haven't done anything w/ my bathroom and we've lived here for three years, so have to agree, mine's got the messy look going for it :lol but once I can afford the very expensive shower curtain it will be done in an asian theme. We painted the walls linen, my rugs are bright red and the shower curtain will be white w/ black asian writing and underneath it the english meaning. I also have red and white towels. Once I can find some black ones, those will be added to. :) (lol I wanted turquoise walls but the look on Luke's face made me think he might have a heart attack if we went forward w/ it :lol he all ready dosen't like my bright red bedroom walls LOL)

Bliss
03-09-2008, 04:32 PM
All three of my bathrooms are the same - Hunter green & white. I don't stay in the bathroom long enough to care what it looks like...lol

Heidi
03-09-2008, 05:06 PM
My daughter's bathroom is going to be done in pink and black. That paris, pink poodle stuff. We're waiting to get ours completely done before messing with hers. Our bathroom is done in dark gray, off white, tan and brown's. It's just got kind of a beachy, zen type theme.

Beso
03-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Well now i have a few ideas. Now I just have to go to the store and pick something out. Then of course find some paint. Yep it needs paited too. The people before us used the cheapest flat paint they could find. Errrr.... you actually uses flat paint anymore.

tsquared
03-09-2008, 07:48 PM
My theme is kinda crappy...............

christianw27
03-09-2008, 08:02 PM
The big bathroom with the garden tube has angels everywhere, tan, green accents with angels all over...

second bathroom has palm tree rugs and toilet seet with shower curtain with palm leaves, tan, green...etc

third bathroom is just half bath...has nautical type theme. Its out in the garage so people that are in the pool hall or swimming can go in there instead of in house.

Char
03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Hey woman !

Ummm, I sort of do... have a theme that is... 'beachy'...

Two large pics on the wall, each are light brown/tan beach chairs sitting on the beach, which is light blue... the floor is light blue, the walls are tan print wallpaper half way up, then a border, then solid kinda sand colored paint. The shower curtain is blue... blah blah blah

It's earthy colors, beachy, tans, light browns and ocean blues. A few sea shells sitting around, that we got at the beach...lol

jedmatters
03-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Outhouse.

We lined the bathroom with various sizes of random boards, like an old fence, and it is all done in older wood. Very rustic, and outdoorsy.