PDA

View Full Version : DD's Friend is moving :(

kmtsn
03-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Hello my DD is so upset she started 6th grade this year and a new girl joined her class her and her sister and Mom moved here so her Mom could be with this guy. (we) live in a small town the girl and Mom and sister are from Arizonia anyway my DD and the girl really became good friends the Mom and I have gotten close will they have decided to move things did not work out, anyway the Mom has promised that they can still be friends over the internet and cell phones, but the girls are so sad. Just had to talk about this. has any of your children went through this? I know life goes on but it is hard.

YankeeMary
03-04-2008, 09:50 PM
No advice but I am sorry that both you and dd are losing friends. A good friend is so hard to come by. I hope they are able to keep in contact and one day when they are adults they can have a reunion.

jayhawkfan
03-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Thats really hard. When my DD was 6 here best friends(twins) moved. They had been joined at the hip since they were 3. The good thing is they get to see each other 2 weekends a month and a lot in the summer. Their parents got a divorce, the mom moved with the kids and the dad stayed here...he's my DH's boss.

When I was a Sophomore in HS, my best friend of 9 years moved to Chicago, which is 3 states away from me. I went to visit every summer and once or twice at Christmas.

How far are they moving from you? If its not too far maybe you can get them together sometimes. Hopefully you can work something out.

freeplease
03-05-2008, 07:42 AM
As a military family, my kids were constantly leaving friends behind. But they also learned to to get mail, you have to send mail. lol

A good going away gift is a box of postcards. Addressed and stamped. That way there's no excuse. Just a couple of lines every couple of weeks helps keep friends connected. And what kid doesn't LOVE getting mail?

lassss
03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
How about buying them both puter cams so they can talk and see each other online?? They are pretty cheap these days and it would make a nice going away present.

I would howver ask the parent if it is ok. I know so many people are worried about online predators but if both sides monitor activities, it is safe (not adding people you don't know, being invisible) You can use cams on yahoo messenger

tracey74
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
i moved away from ct to wv in 1988 i was 13 me and my friend kris knew each other since we were 3. last time I saw her was in 1990 I still talk to her on the phone and the computer but its been almost 18 years since ive seen her last. so yeah I know what your DD is going through.

PrincessArky
03-06-2008, 05:39 AM
oh my heart goes out to them :(