PDA

View Full Version : I have a job interview tomorrow

diana_circe
03-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Everyone please cross all crossable parts for me!

I absolutely hate my job. I am an inbound sales rep and the company who I work for finds every available way to make us work harder while docking more of our commission. Last week I had an amazing week, I earned $484 in commission and 15 minutes before I left for the day they informed me they were cutting it in half because of bad QA scores. They waited until 15 minutes before I left because then I couldn't challenge the score, all requests to have calls re-screened has to be in before 4pm on the Friday commission and QA scores get turned in, and when I was upset because they notified me 15 minutes after that time was past they informed me it wasn't their fault they were too busy to sit down with me before 4.

All that I can deal with, but I also have two special needs kids who have regular doctor's appointments, and they keep denying my request for time off to take them to their appointments forcing me to call in, which has now earned me a 60 day probation.

I am in the top of the sales on my team, varying between 1st and 2nd position, always meet sales quotas and work my butt off while I'm there. Several of the people on my team have made comments to the effect that they don't feel good about themselves working there.

So I knew it was time to move on. I have been sending out resumes and applying online for absolutely everything I think I might remotely qualify for and I've finally gotten some serious bites on perm employment (temp agencies contact me left and right, but so far just for temp jobs, not even temp to hire).

I have one interview tomorrow at 10:30am, and I need to contact another company in the morning to see what is the earliest time I can possibly come in and interview since the request off I entered today was denied and being on probation I cannot miss any time I don't have sick pay to cover or I will lose my job.

The first job is for Cargill, which has awesome benefits, and while its further from home it has the better benefits and pay. Wish me luck!!

farmmnger
03-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Good luck. I also have a job interview tomorrow. After being with the same company for a little over a year, they just decided one afternoon to lay me off. Now I'm collecting unemployment which isn't much. Let us know how the interview goes. This will be my 3rd one in 3 months. I've also been applying for all jobs, but there's not much in the papers here. Any advice would be helpful.

diana_circe
03-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Good luck to you as well! I just went to the local joblink for my state and also to careerlink.com. Around here mostly the staffing agencies post on there, but I was getting desperate. Its taken me 6 months of almost constant applying to get a serious response, and I know that there is no guarantee, but it helps keep the spirits up to at least get an interview. Especially for such a good company.

Shann
03-04-2008, 05:33 PM
wishing you lots and lots of luck sounds like that company is a terrible place to work for and they will be missing you once you are gone, but their loss. What huge jerks to do that to someone :mad: got all my fingers and toes crossed for you :D

BigLyd1
03-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Keeping all crossable parts crossed.

PrincessArky
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
crossed for ya and saying some prayers too :)

Pepsi4me
03-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Good Luck!

twinkiesmom
03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Good Luck!! Hope all goes well for you!

sheila_361
03-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Good Luck!!!!

christianw27
03-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Good luck!

I've been looking for a FT job and its so hard to find anything....

So,

Here's to good luck and hoping you get the best job!

tsquared
03-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Heres to good luck for all of you out there looking for jobs that you find something that will help pay the bills and be rewarding

diana_circe
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
T, I'm so used to muddling along with the bills that I'm going for rewarding. Or, if nothing else, not depressing. I told a friend of mine today that our job is so up and down emotionally that I just can't handle it. Friday I made the client $43K and Monday the project manager was yelling at me in front of the team about some stupid problem I wasn't even informed of.

myspirit
03-05-2008, 05:00 AM
Blessing of LUCK!

Army-Mom
03-05-2008, 06:10 AM
good luck!

jayhawkfan
03-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Good luck!

diana_circe
03-05-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm having an anxiety attack. I want a different job so bad that I'm making myself freak out about the interview. I think I need to take a hot bath and calm down...

nosamiam
03-05-2008, 09:38 AM
how'd it go?

diana_circe
03-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't know! I'm freaking out. They were supposed to call at 10:30 and they are 9 minutes late so far :(

YankeeMary
03-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Well???? LOL. I know you are on the edge of your seat. I so hope you get this. HUGS!!!

diana_circe
03-05-2008, 10:17 AM
OK, he finally called. Very nice guy, I think it went OK. He said this week he would be doing phone interviews, next week will be face to face interviews with the top candidates. I don't know what that means, but I know there is only one position they are hiring for... Hopefully I hear back.

PrincessArky
03-05-2008, 11:23 AM
OK, he finally called. Very nice guy, I think it went OK. He said this week he would be doing phone interviews, next week will be face to face interviews with the top candidates. I don't know what that means, but I know there is only one position they are hiring for... Hopefully I hear back.

still sending positive thoughts and prayers your way

sandooch
03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Good luck with getting that job. It's terrible when you hate what you are doing.

catdance
03-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Good Luck, I Feel You Here!
I am in the same boat, my company has lost so many accounts it is INSANE..looking now and hard, before the axe comes down..
I am awaiting a call as well...fingers crossed, both of us.. ;) !

diana_circe
03-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I have another company that wants to interview me. They don't have quite as good benefit package, and I don't know if they offer tuition reimbursement, but the pay is around the same amount and its close to home. I just have to figure out how I can get 2 hours off work to test and interview.

I am trying not to be disappointed, I knew it wasn't likely that they would offer me the job on the spot. I just hope that I am one of the strong candidates. Every day its something new and less pleasant, and the manager strides around like he is king of the hill and I find myself honestly growing to hate him. I'm not a hating kind of person, it is definitely time to move on.