PDA

View Full Version : my weekend

tljohn123
03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Started out pretty good....my last day at my old job was on Friday. I didn't show up because I was on a train, and my mom is a wee bit more important that showing up for my last day at work. Chugging along quite nicely on the railways, and my old boss calls. Three times. And leaves a nasty message. Hell with 'em. Then the engine on the train died. We sat for 3 hours in Kankakee IL. Amtrak sent busses to take us to Chicago. How pleasant. NOT. The bus driver was a cranky ole man. So we got to Chicago, and my connection to Detroit had already left of course. So I go to customer service. What a joke. They told me they couldn't do anything and I had to wait until the next train to leave---at 6:30 pm. The new train station has been remodeled very nicely---the chairs leave a LOT to be desired. They are metal with a very thin cushion on them. The backs of the chairs don't even come up enough to support your back. I was in so much pain by the time that train showed up. I popped a pain pill and had to ask for assistance in getting my bags on the train. You would have thought I was asking for the pope to come and handle my bags personally!!!! I didn't get into Detroit until 1 am. By the time I got to my mom's apartment it was 1:30 am. And I had to get up to let the cable guy in in the morning between 8-10. Right. Dude didn't even show up until after 11:30. Which was ok, cuz I fell right back asleep lol.

Got to the hospital to see mom. She's having a lot of drainage issues---they have her doing her therapy and when they were done with her, her wound was soaked with blood. They say it's just blood pooled behind the incision. I don't know. I know it's not infected. I wish I could have spent more time with her. She didn't want me to leave. I think she'll be ok, but she can't leave until her incision quits draining. They also think she may have diabetes. And she says the docs keep asking her if there is anything wrong with her heart or thyroid or diabetes. I'm so worried about her. Anyone in the Warren, MI area????

So now I'm back hom, dog tired. At least we had no major mishaps with the train coming home. Couldn't have asked for a better ride!

Beso
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Sorry you didn't have a better time visiting your mom. I hope the best for her, and that she heals quickly.

As for the trains, I think they have more problems then they are worth~

ladybugva
03-03-2008, 07:47 PM
so sorry your weekend was rough. As if going to visit your mom in the hospital wasn't enough stress for you.
HOpe this week is better for you.

buglebe
03-03-2008, 07:48 PM
What age group is your mom in? Be glad they are keeping her there to watch her and this drainage. So often now they push people out of the hospital too soon. Good luck.

Beso
03-03-2008, 07:54 PM
What age group is your mom in? Be glad they are keeping her there to watch her and this drainage. So often now they push people out of the hospital too soon. Good luck.

I agree!~!~ They do that very often here. More so if they are older or if you don't have a very good insurance...

Kimberly61
03-03-2008, 08:07 PM
so sorry you had a bad time traveling...glad they are keeping your mom till she is better......I live in MI but hours from where she is at or I would go check on her for you.....it really sucks having parents live so far.......my mom lives in Texas and I live in MI so we dont get to see each other often so I really feel for ya........I'll keep ya both in my prayers.

tljohn123
03-03-2008, 08:36 PM
mom is going to be 61 this year...and I think the reason she is having so much trouble is because she is very overweight. I'm glad they are keeping here too, she has no one to keep an eye on her, and her apartment is very cluttered. She can't manuever around in there at all. She has a friend keeping an eye on things, and her church buddies are helping out as best as they can as well. I worry about her so much.

My rotten niece (her oldest grand daughter btw) I would like to brain. She called while I was at the hospital visiting. Mom says, tell her hello and I love her. So I did. My niece is like...ummm...ok. She hasn't had anything to do with mom for five years. So I told my niece we needed to have a little talk. Amazingly, I haven't heard from her since. so I guess I'm on the no contact list too.

On the bright side, my first day at my new job is tomorrow!!

jayhawkfan
03-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Sorry your travel was so crappy! I talked to my DH, he works for an orthopedic surgeon, and he said that it is totally normal for the incision to drain like that after hip surgery. He didnt know about all the other questions they were asking. I that she heals quickly and is able to get out of the hospital soon.