PDA

View Full Version : Back pain and a pain in the rear

momogod
03-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I have been having lots of pain in my upper back for about a week and a half. I had been moving some bins around and must have done something to it. The doctor gave me vicodin but with having two toddlers to deal with and lift my back started to get worse. The doctor gave me oxycodone and that took all of the pain away. I am supposed to see the doctor today and gets x-rays.

As for the pain in the rear: my husband did not want to do the vacuuming yesterday (it takes him 2 1/2 hours to do because he is such a perfectionist and it only takes me about 20 minutes) and I said I would wait until I know my back is okay and then do it. Not good enough. He had to have it done on Sunday. So I vacuumed. Today my back hurts worse than ever. Gonna make sure my doctor gives me a note to give to my husband that says he has to do the vacuuming for at least the next month.

Laura

justme23
03-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I hope you get better soon. If he "needs" it done, then he can get up and do it himself. Don't let him make you feel like you have to do it. Do what I do, let him moan and groan and then go on about your business. I've learned that's far less painful than actually giving him the arguement he wants. I even some times laugh at him. Oh, that really gets him... but atleast he shuts up!

buglebe
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Asking my husband to do something is asking to see a grimace and a complaint of back pain. This leads to him needing to take a nap. I feel very alone much of the time. Yes men can be ***holes much of the time.
I would never marry again. I would rather live with an old gay man or a straight woman where we could live like sisters. I am only partially being funny! There is a little truth in this.

ang in NC
03-03-2008, 07:43 PM
must be married to my husband, you poor soul

ma4angels
03-04-2008, 12:02 AM
My husband hasn't helped me around the house very often, but since I went back to work he has tried to be more helpful. He cleaned the kitchen one night while I was working and it looked great. The next day by 3:00 in the afternoon it was dirty all over again and he said how in the blank does this room get dirty this fast. I told him welcome to my world buddy. He seeing what it take to try to keep up with a household with 6 people in it. But when he isn't helping me he wouldn't dare tell me that it had to be done that day. I would have to laugh in his face.:rolling

I am sorry that you felt you had to do that in pain. I would have told if he wanted it done to have fun doing it.

Willow
03-04-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. If he needs the place vacuumed so bad he can do it himself. He should understand that you've hurt your back. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because Kevin always offers to help around the house. I always tell him no because I'm at home all day while he's out working so I feel like I should do the housework because of that but I'm just thankful that he offers. I wasn't feeling well Saturday and he did the dishes and even went to the store in the snow because I was having a craving for strawberry milk.

ElleGee
03-04-2008, 08:13 AM
You poor thing. I think hubby needs some karma in the form of back pain just so he knows how it feels *nod

whatever
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
My dh used to sympathize with me about my neck/shoulder pain. But now he figures i have had it long enough i think he feels i should be used to it. HE does help out if i ask him to. And he does vaccum quite well. but on some stuff is a complainer.
Hope you get to feeling better. I feel your pain!!

mosdata1
03-04-2008, 05:57 PM
I hope you feel better soon. Next time DH wants something done immediately tell him fine, he can do it, but you are too sick. End of discussion. I can't believe how insensitive some men can be. My DH knows better (and is a bit more considerate), as a matter of a fact, he might grumble under his breath, or make the kids do it, but he knows that if I'm sick (or even in some cases just too busy - when my work load increases) I just can't get it done.