PDA

View Full Version : Where is my taskbar?

azwup05
03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
My taskbar is awol. No it isn't at the bottom hidden. I also have no start menu.

delSol
03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
First of all, right-click on the desktop > Properties > Active Desktop (if listed) > untick all ticked options so that none are ticked > right-click on the desktop > Refresh. Now press Ctrl+Esc. This will display the Start menu. If it causes the taskbar to also appear, that will tell you it was merely hidden, and nothing serious. With the Start menu visible, negotiate your way to the taskbar settings' window. The route varies depending on your version of Windows. For Windows 98, click Settings > Taskbar and Start Menu > Taskbar Options tab. For XP, click Control Panel > Appearance and Themes > Taskbar and Start Menu. In the case of XP, if Ctrl+Esc failed to pull up the Start menu, you can still get to the taskbar settings by creating a temporary shortcut to the Control Panel. To do this, right-click on the desktop > New > Shortcut > at the Command line field, type in control > Enter. Double-click on the new shortcut to open Control Panel > Appearance and Themes etc. At the taskbar settings window, untick all the boxes > Apply > OK > restart you computer. After it has rebooted, return to the taskbar settings window and tick only (in Win98) 'Always on top' and 'Show clock' or, in XP, tick only 'Lock the taskbar', 'Keep the taskbar on top', 'Group similar taskbar buttons' and 'Show Quick Launch' > Apply > OK > restart the computer. With luck, you will now have your taskbar back in place after the computer has rebooted.

found here
http://www.petermartinconsult.supanet.com/computer/windows/taskbar.htm

flute
03-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Did your taskbar move to the top or sides of your puter, if it did, then all you have to do is drag it back down ~ the first time that happened to me I thought it was gone too!

GL.