PDA

View Full Version : Freecycle vent and question

tigger4
02-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Ok, we have a puppy that I did not want. My kids friend gave it to them. It is not a bad puppy, I just don't have time for it and I really think I might be allergic to it.

Anyway, I put an ad on freecycle to give away the puppy, her cage, and all of her accessories. I went through all of the people who replied picked out the one who sounded like they had it together the most and emailed her. She said she would be here at 11:00 this morning. Then, she said she was running late and it would be 12:00. Then, she had a flat tire and couldn't come, but wanted to know if I could bring it to her.

Should I just contact someone else who inquired about the puppy. It sounds like this lady is giving me the run around. What do you think?

And before anyone flames me for getting rid of the puppy I am trying to find a good home for it so it won't go to the pound. I have health problems and can't keep up with it and I really do think I might be allergic.

Unicornmom77
02-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I would feel the same way, like maybe she was giving you the run around.

I probably would choose someone else.

I think its great you are trying to find a good home, good luck.

Shann
02-29-2008, 03:23 PM
I honestly think that's a great idea for you to take her the puppy then you can ask to see her home so you will know where the puppy will be living and get a good idea if it will be taken care of. You could request however some money for gas, I'm sure she wouldn't mind and if she does, then she's not the right person to take care of the puppy.

Out2Lunch
02-29-2008, 03:24 PM
I would just be firm and tell her that if she couldn't make arrangements for pick-up by a time that YOU specify, that you have to move on to the next person in line. I can't believe she asked you to bring the puppy to her. The nerve of some people.....

freeby4me
02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
I say move down the line. She should have been up front if she needed you to bring it in the first place.

tigger4
02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
I think I am just going onto the next person.

I have 5 emails from this lady with excuses about why she hasn't come here and I think that is enough.

Shann
02-29-2008, 03:37 PM
five emails? wow... that's a lot, I'd move on to, but I still think it's a good idea to see where the dog will be going.

tigger4
02-29-2008, 03:39 PM
I normally would go to the place where the puppy is going, but I am sick right now and that isn't an option.

I feel really bad getting rid of the puppy, but I just can't take care of her. The kids wanted her and of course they don't want to take care of her. So, it isn't fair to the puppy.

freeby4me
02-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Some people might flame but I think you're doing the right thing.

tigger4
02-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Thank you.

Kelsey1224
02-29-2008, 04:13 PM
No flaming here. Pets don't always work out and you are trying very hard to find a good home for the puppy. Sometimes we just have to do the best we can and that has to be good enough!

ahippiechic
02-29-2008, 04:35 PM
No flaming here. Pets don't always work out and you are trying very hard to find a good home for the puppy. Sometimes we just have to do the best we can and that has to be good enough!

What she said.

tigger4
02-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks guys. I think I found someone who is coming to get her tonight.

Of course now the kids are freaking out because the puppy is going. I was really hoping to have her gone before the kids got home. I know that sounds bad, but God I can't stand the fits.

PrincessArky
03-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Hopefully the 2nd in line was able to pick the puppy up.....sorry but as for that first lady if she isnt dependable enough to pick the puppy up she isnt dependable enough to be a pet owner

buglebe
03-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Our freecycle doesn't allow pet sales or give aways.
Good luck with this puppy.
It is a terrible situation to be in.

YankeeMary
03-02-2008, 10:05 PM
How did it go? I hope they showed and the kids are doing ok. I think its great that you didn't just take the pup to the pound or like so many others, just open the door and let them go.

wobblypops
03-03-2008, 05:14 AM
Have any kid, including all of us, ever taken care of a pet like we promised?

Did it get to its new home?

tigger4
03-03-2008, 06:11 AM
The lady and her husband picked the puppy up Friday evening. It was sad, but really for the best.

They seemed like a great couple. The puppy really seemed to like them. Heck, even my big dog liked them. And he is shy, so I am hoping that means they are great animal people.

My youngest two haven't forgiven me yet. But, they will.

Thanks everyone for your advice and no flames!

PrincessArky
03-03-2008, 06:17 AM
The lady and her husband picked the puppy up Friday evening. It was sad, but really for the best.

They seemed like a great couple. The puppy really seemed to like them. Heck, even my big dog liked them. And he is shy, so I am hoping that means they are great animal people.

My youngest two haven't forgiven me yet. But, they will.

Thanks everyone for your advice and no flames!

oh thats great news......usually animals can tell a lot about the ppl they meet so sounds like they will be good animal ppl :)

Mom2-3boys
03-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Back in December we had to get rid of one of our cats due to our dog tormenting it constantly...she wasn't a bad cat the dog had just been here longer anyway.....I put an ad in the paper for her to giveaway, she was spayed, declawed and up to date on her shots and I would be sending a litter box food dishes treats and some food with her....some woman called me and asked if I would deliver her, I said well that depends she named a town that was 120 miles away! I said are you going to reimburse me for gas? She said No I can't afford to pay you for gas, that's why we want her shes free! I said absolutely not are you getting my cat with everything included, I am NOT going to spend my money for gas to bring her to you, and obviously you can't afford to take care of her right anyway.....she hung up on me! LOL Some nerve. It turned out better in the long run, the young lady that took her (unbeknownst to me at the time) is the daughter to very good friend of my Sis and BIL so we can check up on her periodically. Glad you found the puppy a home you think will be good!