PDA

View Full Version : Are you addicted to ....

tough guy
02-29-2008, 08:04 AM
the LG $1 sweet teas from Mc donald's?

I have noticed lately, traveling through different states, not all mc donald's have it or even know about it.

So are you addicted like we are??

*gonna try my 1st poll*

ahippiechic
02-29-2008, 08:08 AM
I like it, but not addicted.

Willow
02-29-2008, 08:11 AM
The McDonald's in our area sells iced tea but it's not referred to as sweet tea it's just iced tea. LOL Around here all iced tea is considered sweet tea unless you ask for unsweetened tea.

Shancopp
02-29-2008, 08:24 AM
No, I dont' drink sugary drinks, but DH loves them!
I'm addicted to the Iced Coffee (no sugar or syrup, 6 Splendas and 1 creamer)

sheila_361
02-29-2008, 08:29 AM
I drink sweet tea all the time, but not McD's lol

BigLyd1
02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Never heard of it. Most iced teas around here are unsweetened. If not, they have some other flavor to them like tropical or raspberry, etc.

Crick
02-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Addicted to the national drink of the south! Depends on the McD's. Some McD's if ind the tea bitter, some too sweet, and others are just right. Prefer to make my own at home where I know it will be the way I like it.

tonka06405
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
can't stomach sweet tea. tastes like way too sugary for me. i have never seen it in the northeast anywhere

magenta
02-29-2008, 09:51 AM
I only drink unsweetened tea or diet drinks.

I wanted to add, they do have sweet tea at our McDonalds.

Out2Lunch
02-29-2008, 09:52 AM
McD's will do but Pal's is the best. Pal's is a local chain here in east TN.

Willow
02-29-2008, 09:52 AM
can't stomach sweet tea. tastes like way too sugary for me. i have never seen it in the northeast anywhere

I live in the north east and they just call it iced tea here. Anytime I have ordered an iced tea it has always been sweet. If you want it unsweetened you have to specifically ask for it that way. At least that has been my experience.

BigLyd1
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I only drink unsweetened tea or diet drinks.

Same here. I guess next time I travel to the New England states (hopefully next year), I better remember what Patch said about the iced tea.

hotwheelstx
02-29-2008, 10:24 AM
I grew up on "Sweetened Tea" living in the south. I couldn't stand it then. I swore when I got older I'd never drink it as an adult. To this day I haven't. Can't stand the stuff.......:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

D2230
02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I live on Sweet Tea! I think that is what runs in my vains! LOL I can tellthe difference between tea mix and "real" tea, and I can tellif they added the sugar when it was brewed, after it was brewed or after it is mixed!

I love McD's Tea, but have found some bad, bitter ones ~ it depends on when they brewed it.

I also have a serious thing for Sonic Ice ~ but that is another story! LOL :rofl:

dangerousfem
02-29-2008, 11:18 AM
I love mcd's sweet tea.. it is so good.. but I noticed when we went back up to WV to visit my mil.. the further north we went, the less sweet it was..lol

Memedav
02-29-2008, 11:37 AM
I love it and so do my girls...though they always want it without ice. Yuck! My only gripe is that 99% of the time our McD's doesn't have lemon slices to go with it. Lately I've been on a slurpy kick though.

ladybugva
02-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I may be from the south but I don't drink tea. I think I am one of the few in my family that doesn't.
now if I could get a large dr pepper for $1 that wold be another story

Memedav
02-29-2008, 11:39 AM
I also have a serious thing for Sonic Ice ~ but that is another story! LOL :rofl:

Now you have me wondering, what the heck is Sonic Ice? We don't have a Sonic here.....but I gotta know! lol

Shancopp
02-29-2008, 11:42 AM
When I worked for McDs 21 yrs ago (OMG!!! 21 yrs???) You put the tea back in the walk in cooler at nite. May be why it tastes bitter. It could be sitting in the tea container for awhile.

Shancopp
02-29-2008, 11:42 AM
MMM! Sonic Cherry Limeade!!

D2230
02-29-2008, 12:34 PM
We have Sonic Drive In here (and everywhere else I have lived ~ http://www.sonicdrivein.com/) and not only is their food yummy, but they make all of their drinks with a "soft" ice. It is much softer than regular "chunks" of ice and is in small bit size pieces!

And they sell it by the bag for about $1.35 ~

I almost always have a bag on hand!

aussiegirl
02-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm addicted to their french fries. Haven't tried the sweet tea, I usually drink tea with no sugar.

MistyWolf
02-29-2008, 01:21 PM
When I worked for McDs 21 yrs ago (OMG!!! 21 yrs???) You put the tea back in the walk in cooler at nite. May be why it tastes bitter. It could be sitting in the tea container for awhile.

Putting tea in the cooler is BAD .. Iced tea breeds bacteria .. when you brew it and put it right into the fridge it's ok .. but leaving it out all day, like restaurants do, and than cooling it is bad.

And I don't drink sweet tea, but I do like it. When I do tea it's either plain or with equal in it.

BigLyd1
02-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Putting tea in the cooler is BAD .. Iced tea breeds bacteria .. when you brew it and put it right into the fridge it's ok .. but leaving it out all day, like restaurants do, and than cooling it is bad.

And I don't drink sweet tea, but I do like it. When I do tea it's either plain or with equal in it.

Misty, don't you work at a restaurant? Are you saying that maybe it's not a good idea to order iced tea at restaurants?

dangerousfem
02-29-2008, 02:04 PM
We have Sonic Drive In here (and everywhere else I have lived ~ http://www.sonicdrivein.com/) and not only is their food yummy, but they make all of their drinks with a "soft" ice. It is much softer than regular "chunks" of ice and is in small bit size pieces!

And they sell it by the bag for about $1.35 ~

I almost always have a bag on hand!

I didn't know they sold it by the bag!!! Guess I know where the next bag of ice I send hubby out for is coming from...lol

keoka3
02-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Just went and got one, can't beat a dollar. Where is Pal's I live in east TN and have never heard of them, guess i live in the wrong part

ttistin
02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
When we were still in upstate NY you had to add sugar to your tea yourself. It all came unsweetened, but down here in AL it is all sweet lol. I know at our school we add a scoop and a half of sugar to one tea container. They are big scooper's too. Kids love it (I work in a high school)

Course I do not like tea, YUCK!! lol

MistyWolf
02-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Misty, don't you work at a restaurant? Are you saying that maybe it's not a good idea to order iced tea at restaurants?

No .. it's ok to order it .. it's just not ok to save it for next day .. lol. We go through so much iced tea where I work at that we brew it a lot.

D2230
02-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I didn't know they sold it by the bag!!! Guess I know where the next bag of ice I send hubby out for is coming from...lol

Oh yeah ~ :dance That is good stuff! While I was pregnant ~ I was going through at least a bag a week (and they are good size bags) ~ Now I get about a bag every 2 weeks! I am addicted to their ice ~

And when I order drinks there ~ they laugh at me because i always order it with EXTRA Ice! LOL!

YankeeMary
02-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Raised in the north, I had no clue that people drink tea like they do now. Living in the south, I notice if you don't like tea, its worse then being a Yankee...lol. Its even worse being a Yankee whom doesn't like tea...haha.
My friend here is in LOVE with McD's tea. I mean she is a fool over it.

Shann
03-01-2008, 02:41 AM
I've never tried it and unsure if it's available at our local ones, I'm not that much of a tea person though, the more caffeine the better :D