PDA

View Full Version : people that don't answer e-mails or PMs

ladybugva
02-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Let me start by saying "I am not talking of any one specific" so don't start digging through my posts to see if you can find out who it is. It's a general vent that has been bugging me for a while.

I know that plenty of people do not check e-mail as often as I do but I HATE it when I take the time to PM or e-mail some one and they don't respond. If it's some things about their ISO, FS or a comment they made and I wanted more info on.
Or the people that I know -family or friends- that I take the time to send a personal e-mail to and I get NOTHING in return. Or I get on their forward list. I don't mind some forwards but don't want just that from you.

gggrrrrr just bugging me b/c I have had some prob. issues lately. Add that to my general lonlyness I have been feeling it's frustrating!!

ilovecats
02-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Sorry you have to deal with this.Some people are just rude.I'm lonely too,feel free to pm or e-mail me anytime,I promise I will answer.

ladybugva
02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
thanks for the offer :)

MsLynn
02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
i know what you mean, i get dozens of forwards, i hate getting them, i don't ever forward them.. i think i'd faint if i got an actual honest to god email. lol

BigLyd1
02-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Yep, feel free to email me or PM me too. I'll answer. And I won't forward stuff to you! :)

Shann
02-27-2008, 11:52 PM
I completely know where you're coming from it annoys the heck out of me too. Or like my friend, I'm unsure if he's all right, I've sent him an IM, email and txt and still haven't heard from him. I will call tomorrow, but if he's OK I'm going to chew his ass for not getting back to me :mad:

Bliss
02-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Well, I don't chat with people on here, so what i'm about to say has nothing to do with anyone on here.... I'm one of those people who very seldom check my email. When I do, I hardly ever reply - I just hate typing long drawn out emails. I'm always invisible on yahoo - I don't like to be bombed with im's all the time. I also have my AOL mess. off, when I sign on AOL doesn't even say welcome and people are hounding me, so I had to turn it off..lol

galeane29
02-28-2008, 06:34 AM
I especialy hate it when you email or IM a family member and its not
important enough to them to respond. I sent my brother in law pictures
many many months ago and I just got a responce a couple of days ago.

Unicornmom77
02-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Me personally, especially with my ISO and trades, often I forget what I am doing or just get busy and/or distracted.

I do check my email often, but I despise forwards and delete 98% of them. I often check them out on snopes.com and forward that back to them... lol some people have got the drift and stopped forwarding me stupid crap, but some of my friends haven't and then they even send it to BOTH my emails!! UHG!! lol

I am sorry you are feeling lonely hun! I have been there and I hope it passes soon!!

ElleGee
02-28-2008, 07:35 AM
I'll trade you the 'people who don't answer pm and email' for a sister that sends out chain mails and religious material on an hourly basis (which she knows i cannot stand)

Whaddaya say?

:)

Willow
02-28-2008, 07:37 AM
I have a friend that takes at least a month to reply to her emails. I don't know if she reads them and then waits a long time to reply or if she only checks them once a month. LOL

This is a bit off topic but I hate when someone will start a thread asking a question and then they log off right afterwards and then they never come back to the thread again. I don't know why but it just annoys me.

PrincessArky
02-28-2008, 10:42 AM
I have sil that complains we dont send postal mail or gifts to her kids BUT she never replies to emails and the bad place would have to freeze over before she answers her phone

Shancopp
02-28-2008, 10:50 AM
*(checked pm's and didn't have any from OP...sheeew!)*

I agree. Yesteday, I got an email about McDs selling nasty tainted beef 3xs! And on the top, someone wrote "It's true....I checked Snopes".

SO, I CHECKED SNOPES and it wasn't true. So, I had to send the link and reply back to them. UGH...check it out people before you pass it along!

ladybugva
02-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I'll trade you the 'people who don't answer pm and email' for a sister that sends out chain mails and religious material on an hourly basis (which she knows i cannot stand)

Whaddaya say?

I am already on some ones' list like that but thanks for the offer :)

This is a bit off topic but I hate when someone will start a thread asking a question and then they log off right afterwards and then they never come back to the thread again. I don't know why but it just annoys me.

I know what what you mean about that I have gone in to answer questions and then not response, like did you get it figured it out or are you too busy to say thanks?!? LOL

I completely know where you're coming from it annoys the heck out of me too. Or like my friend, I'm unsure if he's all right, I've sent him an IM, email and txt and still haven't heard from him. I will call tomorrow, but if he's OK I'm going to chew his ass for not getting back to me :mad:

Hope your friends ok...

Here is example recently. My Aunt makes really cool hand beaded/knotted/crochet jewelry. mostly by word of mouth or home parties. I told her I would have a party figured it would be a good excuse to finally have some one other than my parents come to my new house. I sent out e-vites. at least half of the people didn't open them. So I re-sent it about 2 weeks later. A few more opened and only about 1/4 of the total even bothered to respond to let me know they could not come. So I finally sent a e-mail to tell them I was not having the party. Really wanted to say "Because most of you are too rude to even take 2 min. to reply to a e-vite to say NO". LOL of course I didn't.

iluvmybaby
02-28-2008, 11:48 AM

Whaddaya say?

OMG I hate that!

buglebe
02-28-2008, 09:36 PM
I have sil that complains we dont send postal mail or gifts to her kids BUT she never replies to emails and the bad place would have to freeze over before she answers her phone

Could we have the same sister in law? My sister in law won't answer her phone either. She dodges bill collectors. Her son told me to let it ring twice, hang up and then call. Occassionally I do that. She never answers email, never!

As for asking a question and signing off, I do that but I always check back for the answers the next day. How can anyone tell if you have been back to check answers or not?

I am married and I get lonely. I told my husband today that I have felt that way lately. When you really get down to it we are all in this life alone, we may have company along the way but we are actually here by ourselves, come in alone and leave alone.

My brother told me he sends a joke when he has nothing else to say just to let me know he is thinking of me. He never just forwards them though.

MsLynn
02-29-2008, 06:32 AM
if i send something, i have to really think its funny/great. but i take out all the other headers from the last 40 people who have forwarded it, and i make sure the subject line doenst have Fw: in it.

Willow
02-29-2008, 06:38 AM
if i send something, i have to really think its funny/great. but i take out all the other headers from the last 40 people who have forwarded it, and i make sure the subject line doenst have Fw: in it.

I do the same thing and I always use bcc line so that the email addresses are kept private.

ladybugva
02-29-2008, 07:09 AM
I clean up my e-mails also. I don't find some forwards but if they are good I do clean them up a bit. I hate seeing FW FW FW at the beg then when you open it there are all these addresses before the mail and some times it repeats itself,.

baragabrat
02-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Let me start by saying "I am not talking of any one specific" so don't start digging through my posts to see if you can find out who it is. It's a general vent that has been bugging me for a while.

I know that plenty of people do not check e-mail as often as I do but I HATE it when I take the time to PM or e-mail some one and they don't respond. If it's some things about their ISO, FS or a comment they made and I wanted more info on.
Or the people that I know -family or friends- that I take the time to send a personal e-mail to and I get NOTHING in return. Or I get on their forward list. I don't mind some forwards but don't want just that from you.

gggrrrrr just bugging me b/c I have had some prob. issues lately. Add that to my general lonliness I have been feeling it's frustrating!!

I have a sister who's taken to sending me forwards. When she first started, I would reply with a comment of some kind, to make it personal and never got a reply of any kind from her. All I ever get are impersonal forwards. Now when she sends them, I just delete without reading.

I suppose I could ask her not to send them anymore, but another sister sent an email to all her sisters asking just that and I remember how bad I felt when she did (although I had never sent her any because I rarely ever do.) It's like callling someone on the phone and them not talking to you or you doing all the calling and folks not bothering to initiate the calls occasionally. I feel for you, ladybugmo

baragabrat
02-29-2008, 06:13 PM

Yeah, I do that too and I will only fw to a small select few. Only becasue I absolutely DESPISE fw's. If you don't send this letter to 250 people within the next 40 seconds, you're going to have bad luck for the next 3 1/2 weeks. Crap like that drives me nuts!! And if it's sent by someone I had previously considered intelligent, well......

Shann
02-29-2008, 07:13 PM
[COLOR="Red"]Hope your friends ok...

thanks lady, I talked to him last night, he was farking on AIM and I asked him wth he didn't get back to me :angry: found out he's back w/ his ex and they're getting married in july and he's not into it, he's said before he doesn't want to marry her, that she's not right for him but yet he's still marrying her.. I don't get it. He has this dream of us getting together and it will never happen. I'm not like him, I won't marry someone and be in his words "conent" w/ them, I want to be in love and I don't settle. *shrugs* And the best part... he said that if he has a like for the wedding that doesn't match his fiances and her mom they both yell at him.. I told him I was glad he was marrying her and not me :lol his choice to be miserable not mine.

I don't like forwards either, some friends send me them on occassion and I figure if they sent it to me it must be good and usually it is, but the ones that just FW FW FW, I just don't have the patience, seriously if it's a long FW email I won't read it.