PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a member of ACNielsen Home Scan Consumer Panel?

Jackie_Blu
02-26-2008, 01:21 PM
I received an invitation email from them to join. Just wondered if any of you are doing this, and your opinions on it:) TIA

Shann
02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
I have been trying to join for four years now and nothing, but when I was younger my mom used to do it. It did get tedious at times b/c (and this was like 10-15 yrs ago things may have changed) you had to scan everything and then enter what store you got it from, but I know she would get fun things in the mail for doing it. Just make sure you stay up on it or they will ask for the unit back.

ladybugva
02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
i did one of those once and quit after a while. It became a headache for me b/c you had to scan every thing and there were too many items/stores not on the programed list so I had to do the info my self. But that was several years ago and dad was doing it some. I think it was better and more updated.
I got an invite after I moved but it got thrown away.

loveswolfs
02-26-2008, 02:08 PM
I got an invite too and have been a member there for 5 years now. It can be a pain in the butt at times. I like when i dont have to enter the price, then it go's really fast. I say try it if you dont like it you can all ways send it back.

MsLynn
02-26-2008, 02:13 PM
i did it for a while, but when i computer when down, it went to hell in a hurry..

i got online at work and did the online thing telling them i wouldn't be scanning for a while. (they have a special link for it on their site.) well next thing i knew i was getting a letter saying they were turning me over to collections if i didn't return their scanner IN THE ORIGINAL BOX... damn good thing i still had it over a year later... wouldnt' have bothered me if they'd asked me at any other time to return the scanner, but dang sure don't start with threatening me.

tuggerbug
02-26-2008, 04:00 PM
I tried this a couple of years ago. What a major pain! You have to scan every single item, enter prices. All I ever got was a pen, a cheap plastic travel mug and a frige magnet. What a waste of time! I told them I didn't want to do it any longer and to send me the info to return the scanner. Finally after bugging them for about 2 months, they send a letter saying to either return the scanner or I would be placed in collections. These people are unreal!! I'll never do anything like that again!!!!

ntgsmommy
02-26-2008, 06:36 PM
i did one of those once and quit after a while. It became a headache for me b/c you had to scan every thing and there were too many items/stores not on the programed list so I had to do the info my self. But that was several years ago and dad was doing it some. I think it was better and more updated.
I got an invite after I moved but it got thrown away.

It was like this when I did it to two years ago...I finally returned the unit,,,wasn't worth it...major headache and a pita!

ntgsmommy
02-26-2008, 06:37 PM
duplicate post...

ilovecats
02-26-2008, 06:59 PM
I got an invite too and have been a member there for 5 years now. It can be a pain in the butt at times. I like when i dont have to enter the price, then it go's really fast. I say try it if you dont like it you can all ways send it back.

I have been a member for maybe 3 yrs?I agree it can be a pain,but I find it worth the trouble.Also I cheat a little and do not enter every single purchase.I would try it too.

Faithfully
02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
I did it for about 6 months.
I got fed up with it and sent it back.