PDA

View Full Version : How much does the tooth fairy leave at your house?

Jackie_Blu
02-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Was just watching a show called "My Dad is better than your Dad" This Dad was answering questions to see if he could match his son's answers and if he did he would win money. One question was how much the tooth fairy left for one of the boy's teeth. The answer was $20. !!!????!!! Holy crap!!! Times have really changed, I guess. She never left my son more than a buck or buck and a half per tooth lol (and yes, thats been many moons ago) but dang!

Heidi
02-25-2008, 09:24 PM
The 1st one we left $5.00 and after that we usually leave a $1.00 gold coin or a $1.00 bill.

okie
02-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I leave my son a dollar but the last one took so long to come out, even when it was extremely loose it was still hard to get out so I gave him two dollars.

Beso
02-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Was just watching a show called "My Dad is better than your Dad" This Dad was answering questions to see if he could match his son's answers and if he did he would win money. One question was how much the tooth fairy left for one of the boy's teeth. The answer was $20. !!!????!!! Holy crap!!! Times have really changed, I guess. She never left my son more than a buck or buck and a half per tooth lol (and yes, thats been many moons ago) but dang!

I saw that too. But then again his dad was a doctor.

The tooth fairy here leaves special money. gold quarter, old dollar coins, or a bill with a red star on it, and if none of those items are around a couple of dollars.

my dd wrote the tooth fairy a letter asking for the tooth fairy to leave a larger amount of $ since she is almost done lossing teeth, but the tooth fairy missed the letter. But she came back the next night and left a $5. the letter was just toooo sweet for a 11 year old.

jayhawkfan
02-25-2008, 09:37 PM
The tooth fairy leaves disney dollars at our house. As for the amount it depends on whats on hand at the time.

ladybugva
02-25-2008, 09:45 PM
disney dollars are cute idea. we have done old dollar coins, $2 bills and such.

jnc880
02-25-2008, 09:56 PM

well many moons ago or not thats what my kids get still...Lol my kids tooth fairy is broke i guess...:rolling

Shancopp
02-25-2008, 10:07 PM
2 to 3 bucks
It's a big deal still. He'll only believe for so long.

Jenefer3
02-25-2008, 10:15 PM
My kids get special "tooth fairy" dollars. One of the banks around here sells real dollar bills that have either a tooth fairy, santa, or easter bunny on them. Some of the money goes towards charity so it's more than $1. I just buy those when I know the tooth is loose and give them $2 for each one. They love collecting them.

chazsgirl
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
I remember getting a dollar, I don't know what I will give my kids when their teeth fall out, I will probably be so excited they might get $5

jnc880
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
My kids get special "tooth fairy" dollars. One of the banks around here sells real dollar bills that have either a tooth fairy, santa, or easter bunny on them. Some of the money goes towards charity so it's more than $1. I just buy those when I know the tooth is loose and give them $2 for each one. They love collecting them.

well i dont see any of that money....Lol what are you talking about my name is charity.....just joking:rolling

Beso
02-25-2008, 10:28 PM
:rolling ......lol...........

MistyWolf
02-26-2008, 05:53 AM
We gave $5 for the first tooth and than $1 each tooth after that .. with the exception of when we were on vacation and they both lost a tooth .. they got $2.

PrincessArky
02-26-2008, 09:32 AM
all of mine have gotten $5 but lord that all goes back to when my nephew was staying with me and lost a tooth. I couldnt get in touch w/his parents and had no kids of my own then so I said gosh I dont know how much he gets.....you can imagine his parents about killed me when I gave him $5 lol Thats what all the kids get if they lose a tooth at my house

Memedav
02-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Greta is the only one to have lost any teeth here so far. I think the first one she got $5 and then it's just $2-$3 after that.......unless she has had a miserable time with one. She has another loose one right now and doesn't believe me that there is such a thing as a $2 bill...so maybe the tooth fairy will leave that next time.

If the tooth fairy is handing out 20's...send her my way. Heck I'll give her a few of my own! lol