PDA

View Full Version : Extra Strength Tylenol dose??

jayhawkfan
02-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Ok, I have lost my list that my doctor gave me of what the dosage is that I can take. Anyone that is pregnant or has been pregnant...can you help me out? I know he said I can take it, but I cant remember if its one of the meds that I can take the full dose or the half dose.

Im still sicker than a dog. My sinus pain has moved to the left side of my face and its killing me right now, Im going to have to take something :ill

socks1211
02-25-2008, 06:13 PM
you can take the full dose and you can also tale the tylonol cold

Willow
02-25-2008, 06:18 PM
When we went for the prenatal profile last week I was told that I could take up to two Tylenol.

jayhawkfan
02-25-2008, 06:54 PM

JewRican
02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
My midwife ok'ed me for Motrin (ibuprofen) in my second trimester when I had bad sinus pain.

Katt
02-26-2008, 07:20 AM
We give full doses of tylenol in the ER, can give lortab if needed. Under no circumstances do we ever give motrin. It causes micro hems in the placenta. The doctor said no pregnant women at all, on any type of nsaid.

jayhawkfan
02-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks again. I took the 2 ex strength and it killed the headache. I have it again this morning though. Doc told me yesterday that if its not better by Thursday that he will give me antibiotics. Well being that is going on 3 weeks...yeah I would say thats a safe bet.

Willow
02-26-2008, 07:50 AM
We give full doses of tylenol in the ER, can give lortab if needed. Under no circumstances do we ever give motrin. It causes micro hems in the placenta. The doctor said no pregnant women at all, on any type of nsaid.

I was also told no Motrin. Tylenol only. I was taking Prilosec for acid reflux and they said if I absolutely had to take something that I should take Zantac instead but they would rather me not take anything at all. I'm just going to try and suffer through the pain when I get it. They also said to try and stay away from Tums and to never take more than four a day because they cause kidney stones.

ahippiechic
02-26-2008, 08:31 AM
When I was pregnant with my DD, they told me no nsaids also, just tylenol.

Memedav
02-26-2008, 08:37 AM
I was also told no Motrin. Tylenol only. I was taking Prilosec for acid reflux and they said if I absolutely had to take something that I should take Zantac instead but they would rather me not take anything at all. I'm just going to try and suffer through the pain when I get it. They also said to try and stay away from Tums and to never take more than four a day because they cause kidney stones.

Ugh, I feel your pain on that one. I have horrible reflux and a hiatal hernia that only makes it much worse. I swear half the night I'm sipping on water to try to put the fire in my throat out. I've also been suffering through agony because I don't like taking anything. I'm already on 2 bp meds and hate to add anything else. Hope your able to put the flame out!

Jayhawk, my OB told me 2 tylenol also and Motrin is a no no for me also. She also told me that anything allergy/sinus related that I should only use a saline spray....which I was so sore/stuffy that didn't help a bit. Hope your feeling better really soon. Right now I have a sore throat and my chest has that heavy feelilng like it did a few weeks ago when I had pneumonia. Hope the antibiotics are on the way for you!

Willow
02-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Ugh, I feel your pain on that one. I have horrible reflux and a hiatal hernia that only makes it much worse. I swear half the night I'm sipping on water to try to put the fire in my throat out. I've also been suffering through agony because I don't like taking anything. I'm already on 2 bp meds and hate to add anything else. Hope your able to put the flame out!

Jayhawk, my OB told me 2 tylenol also and Motrin is a no no for me also. She also told me that anything allergy/sinus related that I should only use a saline spray....which I was so sore/stuffy that didn't help a bit. Hope your feeling better really soon. Right now I have a sore throat and my chest has that heavy feelilng like it did a few weeks ago when I had pneumonia. Hope the antibiotics are on the way for you!

When I was diagnosed with acid reflux I had gone to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. The pain was so bad. They took ex-rays and did an ekg and then they came back in and told me it was acid reflux. I was given a prescription for Protonix and then last fall it was switched over to Prilosec. They did call in a prescription for me last week for Zantac but they really don't want me to take it unless it's absolutely necessary so I haven't taken any. They said if I eat small frequent meals throughout the day it will help to keep the acid down so that's what I've been trying to do.

In the packet of information they gave me they said that if you're congested you can take plain liquid Robitussin, Actifed or Sudafed but ONLY if you're over 12 weeks. Before that you can use Afrin or Tyleonol but that's it.