PDA

View Full Version : Someone ran over my cat last evening:(

Aloha from paradise
02-25-2008, 03:07 PM
I've lost another fur-baby. Guess my luck isn't getting any better:( We have chickens that run loose all over the island and the locals think it's fun to run them over. My husband was out doing yard work when he saw a car come speeding up the street trying to hit a chicken. The chicken made some noise and got out of the way but she scared my cat Mustafa who was across the street. He got up to run home and that the stupid local bit#h ran him over. She stopped for maybe two seconds and took off. She knew she had hit him. It's a good thing Randy was working in the yard or we wouldn't have found him until he started to stink. Poor kitty was thrown into the outside hedges. His back was broken, ribs crushed and could barely breathe. So we brought him in and just held him until he died. The nearest vet is over half an hour away. And if it's an emergency they make you pay $175.00 just to get in the door and then you have to pay for treatment. The money wasn't an issue but we knew he was going to die. There was nothing the vet could have done for him. Then blood started coming from his mouth and nose. After 25 minutes he had a seizure and died. :bawling: We had him for ten years. He just showed up one day and I guess he liked it here . He would come in and out of the doggie door which is now a cat door because all five of my dogs have died. He was the sweetest little cat. So now he is down in the garden with all of the pets who have passed on. It just makes me so fricking mad that she went out of her way to hit him. I hate the mind set of the people on this island. They have no respect for animals. I can't wait to get the heck off this island. Rest in piece Mustafa. Mom and Dad love you.

Beso
02-25-2008, 03:17 PM
OMG.... I am so sorry~ That person should be hunted down and ran over! I can't stand it when people do that. It would be one thing if it was an accident. errrr.........
HUGS to you and your family~

Kyla Kym
02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh God (((((((Shirl))))))) that is so horrible! :(
That made me so mad at that girl, after reading your post. I'm ready to kick her butt for you. I hate people like that. So many out there that get a cheap thrill out of hurting others. I just wish they would all disappear off the face of the earth. That stupid heifer.

Aloha from paradise
02-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Mustafa
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/shirl50/garden-3-22-07042.jpg

jayhawkfan
02-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh that poor baby :( Im so sorry that some people just SUCK! {{{{Hugs********

ladybugva
02-25-2008, 03:24 PM
oh honey I am so sorry for you. :grouphug

pepperpot
02-25-2008, 03:25 PM
So sorry Shirley....:( ((hugs))

Aloha from paradise
02-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Randy said he would know the car if he saw it again. It may have been someone who lives in the condos down the street from us. You can bet that if I'm outside with Randy and that bit$h comes by I will stop her and ask her WTF did you run my cat over? Stupid bit*h from hell!

pepperpot
02-25-2008, 03:30 PM
I would be down at that condo checking out the bumpers on similar vehicles. That really stinks......:(

MistyWolf
02-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I am so sorry (((Shirl))) .. that is so sad I want to cry for you :( .. I hope you get a chance to confront her on it .. I know I'd want to.

Aloha from paradise
02-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I would be down at that condo checking out the bumpers on similar vehicles. That really stinks......:(

That's not a bad idea. Randy said it was an old beat up car kind of a faded purple. Thanks Pepperpot.

magenta
02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
I know how you feel. I am so sorry this happened. It isn't just people on your island either. The dip****s in the pick up trucks do it around here. We lost a cat in Sept on the road. He was my 6 yr old DS's. I still feel guilty, I lied to my DS and told him he ran away with his girlfriend. I know I am a horrible mother for lying I just couldn't take telling him he got hit. We had lost OJ 2 years before on the road, then last May some a-hole with a .22 shot our Maggie-Cat. It devastated him so I couldn't tell the truth about Mr Whiskers.

Sorry for your loss.

freeby4me
02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh sweetie im so sorry, that is just awful.

Aloha from paradise
02-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I know how you feel. I am so sorry this happened. It isn't just people on your island either. The dip****s in the pick up trucks do it around here. We lost a cat in Sept on the road. He was my 6 yr old DS's. I still feel guilty, I lied to my DS and told him he ran away with his girlfriend. I know I am a horrible mother for lying I just couldn't take telling him he got hit. We had lost OJ 2 years before on the road, then last May some a-hole with a .22 shot our Maggie-Cat. It devastated him so I couldn't tell the truth about Mr Whiskers.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Some times I hate people!

earnhardt1
02-25-2008, 03:42 PM
((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))
i hate ppl that can do that to animals

Jackie_Blu
02-25-2008, 03:45 PM
awwww hun I am so sorry for you, and so sorry for your beautiful fur-baby to have met such a tragic end. I dont know what kind of satisfaction those savages get out of doing things like this. I just cant tell you how sad I am for you. :hug :hug I say we find the car, slash the tires, then throw her ass in the back of my pickup and take her for a ride in the country. It just infuriates me.

Aloha from paradise
02-25-2008, 03:47 PM
awwww hun I am so sorry for you, and so sorry for your beautiful fur-baby to have met such a tragic end. I dont know what kind of satisfaction those savages get out of doing things like this. I just cant tell you how sad I am for you. :hug :hug I say we find the car, slash the tires, then throw her ass in the back of my pickup and take her for a ride in the country. It just infuriates me.

Sounds good too me!:slapping

LunaChick
02-25-2008, 03:54 PM
OMG I'm so sorry. :( What a horrible thing for someone to do. It makes me want to come there and kick her ass. :mad:

Shann
02-25-2008, 04:12 PM
how tragic, I'm so sorry Shirl, I have tears in my eyes just reading that. I would go down to the local condos as well and hunt that ***** out, there was no escuse for that. If you find her car and get her license plate (maybe take a pic or two) and file a report w/ the police will they do anything? It's quite obvious she knew she hit something and I will never in my life understand how ppl could aim to hit an innocent animal, never. Someone needs to aim for those aholes and see how they freaking like it :mad: ((((Shirl)))) RIP Mustafa you will be missed

JKATHERINE
02-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry, Shirl. That's so sad. AND MEAN!

ahippiechic
02-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh I'm so sorry that happened!

wyrmslyph
02-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your adorable furrr baby. Big hugs to you.

sheila_361
02-25-2008, 05:36 PM
:hugs sorry for your loss

Willow
02-25-2008, 05:46 PM
That's awful. I'm sorry that happened to your kitty. People can be so mean. :getyou

4diego
02-25-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry for your loss too. My dog (only 3 years old) got sick suddenly on Friday and died early in the morning Sat. I am still in shock. I totally feel for you. Nowdays people treat their children so awful, I don't know why we wonder when they are so awful to animals.

ilovecats
02-25-2008, 06:07 PM
So sorry,that is awful that people do things like that.

BigLyd1
02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
That must be one miserable person to do something like that. Your poor kitty. It makes me sad to hear that about any animal but I have a thing for black cats... probably because I still miss mine, so it especially hits a nerve with me. So sorry that idiot did that to your little fur baby.

bpl76
02-25-2008, 06:37 PM
I am so sorry. I couldn't even reply to this after I first read it. I was just so angry I was afraid I would get myself banned or something. There is absolutely no excuse for such barbarian behavior. Totally unacceptable and I would surely be looking for that car and give her a piece of my mind, or perhaps a huge kick in the pants. I know you will miss your little furbaby. The picture was adoreable. {{{{{HUGS**********

Army-Mom
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I am so sorry shirl, my prayers and thoughts are with you..sending hugs.

netsis61
02-25-2008, 06:39 PM
(((Hugs))). I am so sorry, Aloha. At least he knew you were with him at the end and didn't have to die alone.

nanajoanie
02-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Dear Shirl, So glad you and Randy were with Mustafa at the end. His last memory is of you caring. What goes around, comes around - so the ***** will get what's coming to here when she least expects. Hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you both. Huggles, Joanie

PrincessArky
02-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Mustafa
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/shirl50/garden-3-22-07042.jpg

OMG I am so sorry for your loss :(

4diego I am sorry for your loss as well.......it can be so hard to lose one of our babies

cubsgirl21
02-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Oh Shirl, that just breaks my heart. And really pisses me off. I think there is a special place in hell reserved for people like that heartless *****. Mustafa is in kitty heaven telling all his fur-kid buddies what a wonderful mom and dad he had. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug

SaLeQuEeN
02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
I know how you feel--- alot of st**pid b*t*hs around here I would love to hunt down with my car ...HMmmh...anyhow--- last summer--- some dumba** dropped 2 of the prettiest --- tamed cats I have ever seen--- at my dads house--- which is not in a subdivision but in the middle of a farm.... so My daughter who is 5 fell in love with them and even though I am not a cat person I fell in love with him too .make a long story short-- we brought them to our house--- which our neighbor tried to claim them a few times---One morning I had to go to richmond which is about an hour away and had my mother get my daughter on the bus... well normally he would wait at a certain point until she got on the bus and then go back towards the house.. He happened to go into the road that morning and some st**pid b*t*h saw him and hit him in front of my daughter and mother........didn't stop to see if he was ok or anything and realizing that a child just saw her kitty get hit... WTF is wrong with people!!! My mother who is allergic to cats left him.. and claimed she didnt have the money to take him to the vet..... THANK gawd my neighbors found him laying in the yard and took him ot the vet- he only broke a leg!!!!! So now he is their kitty-- considering they paid for the vet.....I just don't understand how you can hit or hurt an PET in front of the CHILD owner..... I cared more about my dog when I was her age than I did people!! NOW I KNOW WHY.
Anyhow I am sorry for your loss.
We also just had to get rid of all our chihuahuas because we are moving...... bad month for pets!!??

dv8grl
02-25-2008, 08:15 PM
OMG! So Sorry :hug :grouphug :hug

okie
02-25-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry for you, someone ran over our cat on my son's
2nd birthday and they just ran off. My neice tried to get their license but they were driving too fast. My cat managed to run off after it happened and it was cold that day. I guess he was in shock. He finally came back home but I was worried he would die. He was okay though, except for his paw that eventually healed. I hope you can find the person that did this.

janelle
02-26-2008, 01:24 AM
I was just sick when Shirl told me her husband had just come in to tell her their cat had been hit by a car. I am on Kauai on vacation and had called Shirl to talk awhile.

She takes care of so many people and now to have this happen, probably by a person who cares about no one let alone a poor defenseless animal. To not stop and just drive away like nothing happened. I could not live with myself if I had run over an animal by accident let alone deliberately. I know Shirl's cat was hit when the chicken was the target but it wouldn't have happened if such a heartless person wasn't determined to kill an animal with her car. What if it had been a child?

I hope something can be done but what can one do? Mustafa is now at the Rainbow Bridge and in no more pain. (((((((Shirl and family)))))

tsquared
02-26-2008, 04:22 AM
People are so mean at times.......so sad it happened to your furr baby.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-26-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm so sorry Shirl. I know how you feel,some old hag did it to my fur baby and never said a word to us.

Memedav
02-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm so sorry this happened. I don't know why people disregard life so much, that burns me up! Why couldn't she just pull over and offer a apology and check on Mustafa? Hugs to you!

katzenberg
02-26-2008, 10:28 AM
i am so sorry to hear about your cat.the person that killed you can will get what is coming to them.you liked to do to her what she did to your cat

magickay
02-26-2008, 10:57 AM
So sorry to learn about Mustafa - what a tragic loss. His picture reminded me of the semi-feral cat that we lost around Christmas 2006. I still have tears in my eyes...

Aloha from paradise
02-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts. Randy and I did walk down and checked all the cars at the condos. Didn't see hers. She may have been at work, maybe she doesn't live there and was visiting a friend. I don't know but we will be checking the condos everyday to see if we find that bit*h. People get so made at me because when I see chickens walking across the road I will stop and let them pass. Sometimes it takes a minute or two if she has her little baby chicks with her. People start yelling and honking their horns for me to move, but I just sit there until they are off the road. Then I smile and wave and that really pisses them off. They can all kiss my a**.

Mom2Shaun
02-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh, that's just so horrible! OMG, I'm so sorry to hear this! How can someone do something like that, especially a woman?

My heart goes out to you; I know you're in pain. But you gave that kitty a good, long life, and he knew you loved him and were there for him at the end. I'm sure he's in kitty Heaven now.

freebielover
02-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Thats so sick and upsetting. That woman is one sick pathetic person. I'm so sorry for your loss. Poor little baby, he was adorable. I love the name too :)

kidzpca
02-27-2008, 09:08 PM
:Hugs:

Nanc952
02-27-2008, 09:52 PM
I am so sorry for your lost. But it isn't just in your area we had our big pretty white cat was killed they had to jump the ditch in their car and get right against our fence to hit her.

Sad to say some people get joy out of killing animals.
But I keep thinking what my Mother always said 7 years bad luck to kill a cat so hope it comes true. :)

Aloha from paradise
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I am so sorry for your lost. But it isn't just in your area we had our big pretty white cat was killed they had to jump the ditch in their car and get right against our fence to hit her.

Sad to say some people get joy out of killing animals.
But I keep thinking what my Mother always said 7 years bad luck to kill a cat so hope it comes true. :)

I hope so too:)

Aloha from paradise
03-03-2008, 12:38 PM
My cat Mustafa had a stray cat we call Stalker because he will follow you around but he is wild and you can't touch him. He was best friends with Mustafa and would follow him every where. But he would never come in. We feed him but since Mustafa was run over last Sunday and died, Stalker has been meowing and looking all over for him. It's heartbreaking. He was at my front door last night looking in through the screen to see if Mustafa was in with us. It's just so awful because he really was Mustafa's shadow. Stalker seems so lost and confused but it's his crying that is breaking my heart. I just don't know what to do. He has been here for years and will never be tame enough to hold and love like the other strays we have.
This is Stalker.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/shirl50/garden-3-22-07043-2.jpg

PrincessArky
03-03-2008, 12:40 PM
My cat Mustafa had a stray cat we call Stalker because he will follow you around but he is wild and you can't touch him. He was best friends with Mustafa and would follow him every where. But he would never come in. We feed him but since Mustafa was run over last Sunday and died, Stalker has been meowing and looking all over for him. It's heartbreaking. He was at my front door last night looking in through the screen to see if Mustafa was in with us. It's just so awful because he really was Mustafa's shadow. Stalker seems so lost and confused but it's his crying that is breaking my heart. I just don't know what to do. He has been here for years and will never be tame enough to hold and love like the other strays we have.
This is Stalker.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/shirl50/garden-3-22-07043-2.jpg

ah the poor guy.......it hurts to lose a best friend

YankeeMary
03-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Shirl, its so hard to lose one of our loved ones. That should be where it stops but you have poor Stalker, and it continues. How horrible for you and Stalker. I hope he is able to find another kitty to hang out with. HUGS!!!

Mary_Jo3
03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
So sorry for your loss, some people are just terrible.
Karma, what goes around comes around.