PDA

View Full Version : Anyone good w/colors?

Flamingo13
02-24-2008, 04:13 PM
I want to paint a bathroom a beautiful color called Erte Aqua, a rich, aqua/teal color - trim will be crisp white - what color is good to introduce in the bathroom rugs? Appreciate any suggestions.

MistyWolf
02-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I think a sand color would like nice.

DBackFan
02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Now see I am bold...I would introduce small amounts of a deep earthy red.

Mom2Shaun
02-24-2008, 04:56 PM
I think I might go with something with a pink/salmon stripe, mixed with the colors you already have.

tntsmom
02-24-2008, 04:58 PM
I agree with with both of u

How about red, sand & another color in the middle not too light or too dark like a sage green

Shann
02-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Now see I am bold...I would introduce small amounts of a deep earthy red.

me too! I wanted to paint my bathroom that color and I wanted red rugs :D My room is bright red, it's called Mai Tai in the Ralph Lauren collection and I absolutely love it :D Luke hates it though and when he heard what color I wanted in my bathroom I think his heart skipped a beat LOL! We ended up going w/ a linen color as to not shock him and the guests. :)

Shancopp
02-24-2008, 05:58 PM
chocolate brown

Flamingo13
02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all your input - I like alot of the suggestions - have to steer away from green, most of the house is green and hubby is OVER it... lol. I like the ideas though...sand would maybe work, but I want a richer color (plus we have a cat and want something that won't show dirt/need washed quite so much, the red/salmon/brown ideas are great :D

waterfalls
02-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I would go with a chocolate brown color .Aqua and teal colors mixed with brown are very popular right now.Right now a lot of comforters,bath towels and such are those two colors and it's very very pretty:)

Shancopp
02-24-2008, 08:20 PM
yep, aqua/brown and white has a very spa serene look to it.

Willow
02-25-2008, 06:46 AM
I think a sand color would like nice.

This is what I was going to suggest too. I would go with more neutral colors since it's a bathroom. If it was a bigger room I might use bolder colors but they usually tend to make the room look smaller.

myspirit
02-25-2008, 06:55 AM
I say Brown too. Get yourself a color wheel. They are easy to use, cheap and will help you alot.

MistyWolf
02-25-2008, 08:29 AM
This is what I was going to suggest too. I would go with more neutral colors since it's a bathroom. If it was a bigger room I might use bolder colors but they usually tend to make the room look smaller.

Exactly .. and the sand color will give it more of a beachy feel. IMO

Bliss
02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Earth tone will go well with the color. To me the dark chocolate would clash... If your bathroom is small, go with light colors, darker color will make the room appear closed in.

Char
02-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm a floral designer, have been forever... so, colors are pretty much my business, we always do peach shades with teal/aqua colors, hope that helps !

waterfalls
02-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Chocolate brown does not clash at all. A lot of designers are using those two colors in their designs right now,for walls, flooring,linens, curtains you name it,very popular . I've seen a lot of beautiful rooms in those colors it really won't make it look smaller .I belong to quite a few interior design message boards,i just love to talk decorating,i'm learning a lot.That's why i'm rambling on,sorry.:)