PDA

View Full Version : !%&^$*& Spammers!!!

harvshoney
02-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Sheesh, I love this site...but I am just getting so SICK of these infiltrators who insist on posting Spam SH*T on our forums! Sorry, I know it's a stupid whine, but there are SO many great people on here trying to help one another and instead we have to wade through the stupid crapola from those idiots....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Times are kinda hard right now and most of us need a little help, that's why we're here trying to squeak thru!

loveswolfs
02-23-2008, 01:35 AM
I use to live in the freebie thread & all the trolls turned me off so i only go in there once in a while now. You think they would find some thing better to do then spam forums.

Jenefer3
02-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Sheesh, I love this site...but I am just getting so SICK of these infiltrators who insist on posting Spam SH*T on our forums! Sorry, I know it's a stupid whine, but there are SO many great people on here trying to help one another and instead we have to wade through the stupid crapola from those idiots....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Times are kinda hard right now and most of us need a little help, that's why we're here trying to squeak thru!

:clapping :clapping My thoughts exactly! I was going to post something about that but I figured I had already compalined enough today :rolling

ahippiechic
02-23-2008, 07:17 AM
I'd like the spammers to be gone to. BUT I deleted 4 spam posts this morning, I don't see 4 posts as 'wading' thru anything. 4 out of how many good freebies?
And they all wouldn't be on the front page if people didn't reply to them and keep them bumped up.

Jackie_Blu
02-23-2008, 07:52 AM
I use to live in the freebie thread & all the trolls turned me off so i only go in there once in a while now. You think they would find some thing better to do then spam forums.

Same here, I was there all the time. Its sad.

baragabrat
02-23-2008, 06:14 PM
I'd like the spammers to be gone too. BUT I deleted 4 spam posts this morning, I don't see 4 posts as 'wading' thru anything. 4 out of how many good freebies? And they all wouldn't be on the front page if people didn't reply to them and keep them bumped up.

I can recognize that it's spam either by the link posted or when I go there. It really only takes a few seconds of my time and when I find it's spam, I report it and go on to something else. Yeah, 4 posts isn't really 'wading through.'

harvshoney
02-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, I guess when I posted I was frustrated since every post I tried to view was spammie...so that's where the 'wading' came from...but then again, this IS the Vent and Whine forum...so I guess I'm allowed.

squirt661
02-25-2008, 05:08 PM
In my opinion, for what it is worth, you are right and allowed to post your opinion in this category. I have noticed this one brandy new name with a low score of posts, who has been here since Jan 2008, who even had to nerve to snap back at someone who re-posted what they thought. I guess it's just a new breed of wanna be posters. I do know though, that the mods do work real hard to eliminate this kinda stuff.

waterfalls
02-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Squirt 661,i'f you're referring to me please know what you're speaking about first .I did not snap back at her at all.I just agreed that she probably should not fill it out.Because if she did she probably would get a lot of emails and junk from this guy.And what is a wanna be poster supposed to be,because as far as i know i'm a member/poster here just like everybody else .I have never made one mean post.You're remark however was quite mean and nasty.I've been lurking for over a year and decided i might as well join because i've been lurking long enough,but wasn't sure if i wanted to because of some people who aren't very nice.Now i guess it wasn't a good idea to join.

loveswolfs
02-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Squirt 661,i'f you're referring to me please know what you're speaking about first .I did not snap back at her at all.I just agreed that she probably should not fill it out.Because if she did she probably would get a lot of emails and junk from this guy.And what is a wanna be poster supposed to be,because as far as i know i'm a member/poster here just like everybody else .I have never made one mean post.You're remark however was quite mean and nasty.I've been lurking for over a year and decided i might as well join because i've been lurking long enough,but wasn't sure if i wanted to because of some people who aren't very nice.Now i guess it wasn't a good idea to join.

Dont let this one person stop you from posting. If you want to warn members that they might get spammed go right a head. :)

vicky122
02-25-2008, 07:27 PM

Don't let people stop you from posting. This is a large forum and not every one agrees and every thinks and know thier post is right. Once you can get past that and stand your ground you will be fine. Just post as you do and don't let it worry you. And if you are who she is talking about everyone is/was new at one time. I so hate when people say stuff like that about new people. I mean if we are going by post her count doesn't say to much for being a member for so long. So post post post.

lymi
02-25-2008, 07:27 PM
I do appreciate it when people post that it is a spam. When I see a freebie and scroll down and see that someone wrote spam, I go on to the next one. Thanks for the heads up

ahippiechic
02-25-2008, 07:44 PM
A heads up is one thing, but when 10 people reply that a post is spam, all it does is keep it bumped up to the top of the front page.

I think we need to put the rules back up in the freebie section.

waterfalls
02-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Dont let this one person stop you from posting. If you want to warn members that they might get spammed go right a head. :)

It's not that i was warning her she might get spammed, it was that i posted a freebie that was coming from some type of home loan place or something,and she said she wasn't looking to get hounded by someone offerring her a loan.I then said "well then,i don't think you should fill it out LOL".I put LOL because i know exactly what she means,they just might hound her for a loan . You take your chances.But i don't know for sure if this company will or not.

vicky122
02-25-2008, 08:25 PM
It's not that i was warning her she might get spammed, it was that i posted a freebie that was coming from some type of home loan place or something,and she said she wasn't looking to get hounded by someone offerring her a loan.I then said "well then,i don't think you should fill it out LOL".I put LOL because i know exactly what she means,they just might hound her for a loan . You take your chances.But i don't know for sure if this company will or not.

Wow not evan sure what is wrong with that.

ahippiechic
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
You get spam with most freebies you sign up for. Just use a junk email and phone #.

loveswolfs
02-25-2008, 08:47 PM

Dont worry about it. If ppl dont want to be called use a fake number like hippie said or they can back right out and go on to the next one.

waterfalls
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Don't let people stop you from posting. This is a large forum and not every one agrees and every thinks and know thier post is right. Once you can get past that and stand your ground you will be fine. Just post as you do and don't let it worry you. And if you are who she is talking about everyone is/was new at one time. I so hate when people say stuff like that about new people. I mean if we are going by post her count doesn't say to much for being a member for so long. So post post post.

You're right .i won't let it bother me.I'll just keep posting away.Although i have been posting way to many freebies ,i need to start posting more in other areas.:)

Adra
02-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Waterfalls, I like your posts, I have repped you a few times for posting freebies and thanked you there. Now I have to give others rep before I can rep you again. So I will say here-thank you.

(I have thanked many others too for giving me wonderful freebies)

PrincessArky
02-26-2008, 10:53 AM
I'd like the spammers to be gone to. BUT I deleted 4 spam posts this morning, I don't see 4 posts as 'wading' thru anything. 4 out of how many good freebies?
And they all wouldn't be on the front page if people didn't reply to them and keep them bumped up.

exactly I dont understand why ppl respond to them at all

Mini
02-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Its not the spammers that bother me cause I can tell when its obviously spam its just that people seem to have forgotten how to search and just dont do it anymore! I think the rules do need to go back up over there

Willow
02-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Its not the spammers that bother me cause I can tell when its obviously spam its just that people seem to have forgotten how to search and just dont do it anymore! I think the rules do need to go back up over there

I had a sticky at the top with some guidelines about doing searches first and what to do when you see a repost and stuff like that. I think Alex removed it. I don't know why.

waterfalls
02-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Patchouli,sometimes when i find a freebie,then do a search ,the freebie will show that it has been posted back in like,2005 or 2006.But since it is still valid can you repost that freebie again?How far back can a freebie go before it can be reposted again,if it still valid?:):)

PrincessArky
02-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Patchouli,sometimes when i find a freebie,then do a search ,the freebie will show that it has been posted back in like,2005 or 2006.But since it is still valid can you repost that freebie again?How far back can a freebie go before it can be reposted again,if it still valid?:):)

if it is still good why not just bump the old post up?

waterfalls
02-28-2008, 10:49 AM
oh o.k..thanks

ahippiechic
02-28-2008, 11:52 AM

If it's the same link & is still good, just bump it. Because when we do a search and it comes up like that, we bump the old one, then have to delete the repost.