PDA

View Full Version : Oh that's so gross

Jenefer3
02-22-2008, 10:57 PM
I was just watching TV and this commercial comes on for nostankyou.com (anti-tobacco thing) where it shows a teen boy with his mouth hanging open and a big black pit of nasty looking water that's supposed to be chewing tobacco..anyways, it zooms in and shows 3 men in the pool and they're having a farting contest and then one of them farts and a big bubble comes up in the water....it's so gross and I'm starting to feel sick. Is it just me or is it gross to others? (I'm not sure if they're shown everywhere or just in Washington, since it's an only Washington campaign).
I realize they're trying to get a point across but it just makes me gag every time I see it...I need to learn to be quicker about changing the channels. :twitch

freeby4me
02-23-2008, 05:27 AM
I havent seen it but it sounds sick.

Adra
02-23-2008, 06:32 AM
If a commercial bothers you go to their website and politely complain. I have done this a few times and and each time I get a polite response back and within a few days I will notice the commercial will not be played. I am sure other people ocmplain too.

And yes what you describe is nauseating and i would let them know how I felt. Fortunately I have not seen this commercial. I personally feel that all bodily functions should remain private unless you are younger than five. Bodily funtions should not be on the tv.

JKATHERINE
02-23-2008, 07:01 AM
Yeah, it sounds gross, but I like the shock/gross factor of it. Hopefully it will deter some children from chewing...I wouldn't complain, personally, I'd just change the channel.

Shann
02-23-2008, 12:34 PM
what does chewing tobacco and farting have to do w/ each other? :confused: that does sound gross. I find that commercials are best viewed muted unless you can fast forward through them :)