PDA

View Full Version : I lost my W-2!!!!

EMSnurse
02-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Argghhh! I filed my federal taxes a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have the money to file state yet. I also thought we might owe the state, so I was planning to wait a bit to file them. It looks like we're are coming up on a couple of weeks of being cash poor, so I thought I'd go ahead and fill out the forms to see how it came out (and I found out I can file for free on the state website). Well, we would be getting a decent refund, if only I could find my W-2! I could have filed online tonight and had it by next week. I have no recall whatsoever of where I put it. I saved my federal return to my computer instead of printing it, so I have no paper folder. I usually know right where those things are, I don't know why I didn't put it in the tax folder. I just want to scream!!!!!

Shann
02-18-2008, 07:03 PM
yikes... well definitely start looking and if you still can't find it, go back to your employer and let them know you need another one. good luck in finding it.

PrincessArky
02-18-2008, 07:24 PM
hope you find it

Jenefer3
02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Some places offer their W-2s online. You just download it and print it out. I'm not sure if their's a specific site to go to or not (maybe someone else on here knows) but I'd try asking my employer. I lost mine once and had to wait almost 8 weeks to get it! They didn't bother to tell me that I could download it.

Fred12
02-18-2008, 09:02 PM
If you used Tax Act or turbo tax it will be easy to find out the info you need. Probably all the other ones too. Just sign in and go to continue where you left off and then go to W-2's

EMSnurse
02-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Okay, in my panic, I looked in the same places 100 times. It turns out that I had created a new tax folder in the file cabinet (old one is full), it had a piece of paper in front of the tab with the name on it. It was safe, sound, and filed the whole time. I have now successfully filed my taxes and waiting for my refund!!!!! Wooohoooo!

ilovecats
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Okay, in my panic, I looked in the same places 100 times. It turns out that I had created a new tax folder in the file cabinet (old one is full), it had a piece of paper in front of the tab with the name on it. It was safe, sound, and filed the whole time. I have now successfully filed my taxes and waiting for my refund!!!!! Wooohoooo!

lol.YAY!Hate when this stuff happens,happy you found it.:hello:

iluvmybaby
02-19-2008, 06:33 PM
:cheers: Here's a toast to a good tax refund