PDA

View Full Version : Good bye ice cream, potatoes and homemade tortillas

JewRican
02-15-2008, 08:39 PM
:argh: I failed my 1 hour glucose test! Which is weird because normally I am hypoglycemic. I'm doing the 3 hour on Thursday but for my peace of mind I am going on the gestational diabetes diet for the next 9ish weeks. My son was 7 weeks early, weighed 5lbs 5.5 ozs and was predicted to have been a big baby if carried to term. When I did the 1 hour test with him I was slightly over so they didn't make me do the 3 hour. My test this time came back 143 and 135 is the cut off. :( This may explain my huge ass belly and baby measuring bigger.

I was looking forward to Taco Cabana fajitas this weekend. A fajita just is not a fajita without Taco Cabana's yummy homemade tortilla's.

evrita
02-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey mine was 400-500 dont feel bad I am i the same boat but I am not preggo

ahippiechic
02-15-2008, 10:43 PM
:argh: I failed my 1 hour glucose test! Which is weird because normally I am hypoglycemic. I'm doing the 3 hour on Thursday but for my peace of mind I am going on the gestational diabetes diet for the next 9ish weeks. My son was 7 weeks early, weighed 5lbs 5.5 ozs and was predicted to have been a big baby if carried to term. When I did the 1 hour test with him I was slightly over so they didn't make me do the 3 hour. My test this time came back 143 and 135 is the cut off. :( This may explain my huge ass belly and baby measuring bigger.

I was looking forward to Taco Cabana fajitas this weekend. A fajita just is not a fajita without Taco Cabana's yummy homemade tortilla's.

When I was pregnant with my DD, I failed mine 1 hr test too and I am hypoglycemic any other time too! But when I did my 3 hr one, it came back fine. So maybe yours will too!

RNB16
02-16-2008, 07:20 AM
I had also failed my 1hr test and had to go back for the 3 hr one and that came back fine. My sister just had to do the same and her 3 hr was fine as well. So think positive and Good Luck!!

SLance68
02-16-2008, 01:41 PM
You can still eat whatever you like on the Diabetic exchange diet the thing that makes it work is portion control. It is probably the least restrictive diet around and encompasses all types of foods.

Hopefully your 3 hour test will come back good. I am surprised that the cut off is 135 when normal range is 80 to 120. I guess they are just more careful with pregnancies.

Shann
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
oh no, i love ice cream and potatoes, I have yet to try homemade tortillas here, but I bet they are yummy. Hope the 3 hour test goes well.

Memedav
02-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear that you failed the one hour, hopefully you will have better luck with the next one. I have to go for that test on Thursday, so I'm hoping for some good results. I haven't had any problems with past pregnancies except for high bp, which has already kicked in with this pregnancy. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

squirt661
02-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I am also so sorry to hear that "HUGS" from me. I am just so happy and lucky that I am not on a special kinda healthy diet. I am female, 5'10, 65 years old, and when I do go out weighing 200#'s, I am thankfull for being able to still eat what I want. SS to hear, and I wish you all the best. Good luck.

flute
02-17-2008, 09:12 AM
I had also failed my 1hr test and had to go back for the 3 hr one and that came back fine. My sister just had to do the same and her 3 hr was fine as well. So think positive and Good Luck!!

Ditto with both mine.

cab1277
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I think I have to get mine on my next visit in two weeks. Now, I'm nervous. Potatoes (french fries) are one of my favorite foods.

cabby92
02-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Sorry you got a scare on the test. Study harder for the next one, you'll be fine. :)

I had to do all that with Sam. They were so worried about him being overly big because of my high readings. He was 5-5 1/2. B-i-g baby, huh...?

Urban Cowgirl
02-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Failed my one hour both times I was pregnant....three hour came back fine though.

cab1277
02-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Sorry you got a scare on the test. Study harder for the next one, you'll be fine. :)

I had to do all that with Sam. They were so worried about him being overly big because of my high readings. He was 5-5 1/2. B-i-g baby, huh...?

My first was just the opposite. I passed my glucose test but they kept telling me the whole time that I was underweight and my baby will be around 6lbs. Well my first son was 7lbs 15 oz. Shows how much they know, huh.

JewRican
02-18-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm studying so well for the next test I have been eating 2 of my bean/green chile burrito's a night for a snack. :innocent I realized last night what's going to hurt the most is giving up my Gatorade. I hate the taste of plain water so I refill a 32 oz bottle with crushed ice and Gatorade.

cabby92
02-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Try Crystal Light, you might find one that's close to the same. Besides, with all of our good wishes you're going to ace that second test.