PDA

View Full Version : !!!borrowed!!! Warning Mystery Shoppers

tsquared
02-14-2008, 11:31 AM
~~~~~~~~~BORROWED~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello All,

Just wanted to warn you all about a scam. I signed up for a mystery shopping opportunity that I saw posted online a while back. Well, I received a letter with a cashiers check for $4998.00 to do some mystery shopping. They want me to do the following:

Walmart purchase $50
Gap purchase $40
Western Union transfer $1579
Service charge by Western Union $99
Moneygram transfer $2873
Service charge by Moneygram $57

For doing all of this you get to keep $300

I researched this online and found nothing on the company, so I called the bank phone # on the check and they verified that it was a valid check.

Well, I was still sceptical so I searched the bank online(http://www.brimfieldbank.com) and they have the following warning on their homepage.

"Please Be Advised

If you have recently received a mailing from SHOPPING TRACK, INC with a Brimfield Bank Cashier's Check enclosed, be advised that this check is counterfeit.

"

lucimPI
02-14-2008, 12:17 PM
You really have to be on your toes with some of the scams going around anymore. I have never signed up for the mystery shopper things, but it was very kind of you to alert us all of this.. Thanks

fire_woman69
02-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I received the same thing a couple months back.The one I got was from I think it was GFK or something like that.I contacted the company directly and they told me that they really don't do mystery shopping and to not cash it(like I was going to).It was from some scammers claiming to be them.You would think that people would come up with others things to do but I guess they will always come across someone that will try to cash it.

wendysue44
02-15-2008, 04:45 AM
I do not do any mystery shopping and after this, I am glad that I don't.

JKATHERINE
02-15-2008, 05:18 AM
I received the same thing a couple months back.The one I got was from I think it was GFK or something like that.I contacted the company directly and they told me that they really don't do mystery shopping and to not cash it(like I was going to).It was from some scammers claiming to be them.You would think that people would come up with others things to do but I guess they will always come across someone that will try to cash it.

GfK does do mystery shopping, but I'm glad you were smart enough to call and make sure it was a scam. :)

PrincessArky
02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
I do not do any mystery shopping and after this, I am glad that I don't.

me too

swan0002
02-28-2008, 03:33 AM
I guess it's like everything else. Just be careful and check out all these companies b4 you do anything with them.