PDA

View Full Version : My hubby was in a car wreck!

Tasha405
02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
My hubby was on his way to work this afternoon around 3pm and a woman slid through a stop sign, right out in front of him and he hit her in the side. We have several inches of snow out there, with ice on top of it THEN some rain. Yeah, we've had it all today. So some places were slick and she just couldn't get stopped at the stop sign.

He called me on scene while waiting on the police to get there. He said everyone was ok but that his knee was hurting and he thought his finger may be broke. He said our car was damanged pretty bad. I told him not to worry about the car and to go to the hospital and get checked out.

He just called and said he is ok! Nothing is broken. He is just stubbed up and sore. Thank God! I haven't had any other updates on the women though. I hope she's ok too!

He is on his way to the car rental place to see about getting us a vehicle to use while we have our car inspected and all of that. They said we had a $30 a day buget for car rental on our insurance but of course they don't have anything $30 a day right now. The cheapest they have is $40.50 a day or something like that. So we have to pay the difference.

Anyway, just needed to vent and get things out before I lost my mind! I was so worried but I'm so thankful he's ok!!

ahippiechic
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
So glad he is ok! Keep us updated.

Shann
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
How scary, I'm glad he's ok :hugs I would be worried as well, take a deep breath in and then let it out. Your family is in my thoughts. I hope the woman is all right as well.

freeby4me
02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Wow how scary, yes keep us updated!! Glad he's OK!

earnhardt1
02-12-2008, 04:35 PM
hey glad everyting is ok i saw this on myspace a lil bit ago and i sent ya a message

dcut4
02-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Glad everyone is ok.

If she had car insurance hers should pay for the rental in full and all repairs as it seemed to be her fault(I know with conditions it was easy to do)

Pepsi4me
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Glad your hubby is ok. Hope the women is also ok.

gmyers
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Man thats scary. I'm glad he's ok and hope the other person is too. The kind of weather ya'll are having I'd be scared to drive in it. But I guess ya'll are used to it living there.

JKATHERINE
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow. Glad he's okay!

Tasha405
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Glad everyone is ok.

If she had car insurance hers should pay for the rental in full and all repairs as it seemed to be her fault(I know with conditions it was easy to do)
That's what my FIL also told me. My DH just got home and car rental place made him pay $30 up front so maybe they will give that back? I don't know a thing about any of this stuff. He had gotten her insurance info and gave it to our insurance people.

She was cited for blowing through the stop. He said she admitted to running through it. He thought she slid but I guess she just ran it. :shrug

Thank you all for the replies!!! :hug

freeby4me
02-12-2008, 05:17 PM
That's what my FIL also told me. My DH just got home and car rental place made him pay $30 up front so maybe they will give that back? I don't know a thing about any of this stuff. He had gotten her insurance info and gave it to our insurance people.

She was cited for blowing through the stop. He said she admitted to running through it. He thought she slid but I guess she just ran it. :shrug

Thank you all for the replies!!! :hug

Oh jeez, thats terrible. For the weather conditions like they were, you'd think she'd be paying extra attention.

MamaArc
02-12-2008, 05:43 PM
So glad your dh is ok. I know here it was nasty. Hope the other driver is ok as well. We had snow and the freezing rain and sleet. Ohio weather....it's crazy...lol

tigger4
02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I am glad he wasn't hurt.

They said the weather was going to be awful in Ohio, I hope it gets better soon.

Wimzik
02-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Glad he's okay!

dv8grl
02-12-2008, 08:41 PM
So glad to hear that he's ok. I feel for ya!

SaLeQuEeN
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I am glad he is ok but you need to be calling her insurance and asking what rental place they want you to go to.. because her insurance should be payng for it.

magickay
02-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Glad he's okay!

Her insurance should pay for his rental.

Don't forget to get a copy of the police report.

Watch out for late-developing muscle problems like whiplash or back spasms.

Thank God it wasn't worse!!

A0305
02-12-2008, 09:55 PM
I am glad that he is ok!!

hblueeyes
02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Glad to hear he is ok. It is better she admitted to running the stop sign as the insurance may have called it a partial act of god due to conditions and only pay a portion. Since she admitted fault then her insurance should pay for everything including your deductible.

Me

Char
02-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Wow, that bytes ! Yea, good deal that he's ok !!! I know exactly what you mean 'neighbor', we are right next to ya, and we had it all as well... snow, sleet, rain (and below 32, so everything was freezing) etc... it was really bad this morning... I worry stupid when hubster has to go to work in it.

tsquared
02-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Her insurance will pay for your rental car as long as you need it..........use your insurance company and make them take care of things for you. When i had my accident the other persons insurance company paid for a rental car for 23 days and i had to drive an hour to get it and take it back.
Glad hubby is ok.......

PrincessArky
02-13-2008, 04:49 AM
so glad that everyone is alright

cinnamonch
02-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Glad he's okay!

Her insurance should pay for his rental.

Don't forget to get a copy of the police report.

Watch out for late-developing muscle problems like whiplash or back spasms.

Thank God it wasn't worse!!

I was in a car wreck last week (weather also). Totaled my car which I only had for three weeks. His insurance will pay for mine but only on a reimbursement basis which means I'm out of money up front. Likewise with my dr bills. :thumpdown:

MistyWolf
02-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Glad you hubby is OK .. sorry he was involved in an accident.

Willow
02-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Glad your husband is okay Tasha. :hug

sheila_361
02-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Glad your hubby is okay. :hug

Tasha405
02-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Thank you all so much for the info and replies. Yall rock!! :hug

DH talked to both insurance companies today. She never even notified hers of the accident.. so this was their first time hearing about it. They took a statement over the phone from DH and said they would have to talk to her and then get back to us.

Our insurance guy is supposed to go check out our car today or tomorrow. He was a little pissed over the car rental place charging us up front like they did and making us pay the difference for the car we got because its the only car they had! He said they should have adjusted their rate since its the only vehicle they have left or something like that. Hell I don't know. I was half asleep when DH was telling me about it. lol I guess we will get the money back for that somehow.

DH is sore this morning. Has a little stiff neck. Knee and hand is swelled up a little.

We are gonna get out to the towing yard to get some things out of our car today. They have his car keys, house keys, lunch box and everything there. lol

They gave us a mini van as our rental vehicle and I am falling in love with it!! LOL We have talked about them before but I had never really been in one and looked around. Oh my, those things are nice!! I so totally want one now! They have so much room for the kids and all of their junk (like on long trips). I am in love. :love: :lol

tough guy
02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
gLad everyone is ok!!

Eyore
02-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Glad your husband is ok and didn't get hurt bad. Just sore and bruised.

robinA
02-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Glad everything is okay!

Bliss
02-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Glad no one was injured.