PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher!

kidzpca
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Dishwasher went on fritz Sunday and....Sears came to look at it. We won't have the dishwasher fixed untl next Tuesday since they have to have a part delivered to our house before the repair can be done.

Thank goodness I have a repair contract on the bugger until May 2011. But this is the second time in the last 4 months having to do a repair.

Oh well. Off to the store to get a dish strainer so the teenagers can get an education on how to "REALLY" wash dishes.:afraid:

freeby4me
02-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Umm, if you dont even have a strainer on hand then I think its time to retire the dishwasher for awhile LOL

JKATHERINE
02-12-2008, 12:32 PM
We don't have a dish strainer either. We use our dishwasher for everything. We DO have a bottle rack/strainer though! lol

ElleGee
02-12-2008, 12:34 PM
My new dishwasher is sitting in my dining room.. We have to tear out half the kitchen friday to install it. Oh and we have to demolish the other side of the kitchen for a new fridge

So I kinda feel your pain heh

ElleGee
02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
oh and my dining room looks like bombed out havana so the dish washer box looks oh so chic -_-

PrincessArky
02-12-2008, 01:58 PM
I would just cry if mine went out we have too many dishes for me to want to do them by hand anymore

Shann
02-12-2008, 02:02 PM
ours went out last year and that totally sucked. I think it was like a month before it was replace.. if it wasn't it sure felt that long. I don't like to wash anything by hand to the point that I will NEVER EVER live in a place w/o a dishwasher, I'm with Princess, I'd cry, infact I think I did a little :lol I still have to wash dishes by hand though... like our pots and pans and knives, it's just not worth it putting the big things through when they take up half the bottom rack...

I'm curious, what brand do you have?

now that we've got the new one, we both really like it, but it's so long. I know it saves water, but our old one used to do a load in 45 mins this takes like 2 flippin hours!

MamaArc
02-12-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't have a strainer either. Why have a stainer if you don't wash them by hand? That would just take up more space I could use for something else...lol

I would be so lost without my dishwasher....I will never be without one ever again.

kidzpca
02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm curious, what brand do you have?

Kenmore...

mosdata1
02-12-2008, 06:10 PM
I almost always wash my dishes by hand. My dishwasher is my dish drainer to save on counter space. I only run the dishwasher once every 5-6 weeks because they say if you don't it can go bad.

kidzpca
02-12-2008, 06:21 PM
I almost always wash my dishes by hand. My dishwasher is my dish drainer to save on counter space. I only run the dishwasher once every 5-6 weeks because they say if you don't it can go bad.

I use my dishwasher every day it still went BAD. LMAO!:ziplip

tigger4
02-12-2008, 06:35 PM
I hate our dishwasher. It is a Bosch professional. It takes over 2 hours to do a load of dishes in it. I can wash them all by hand a lot faster.

freeby4me
02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
LOL well color me silly, I do dishes several times a day, just little bits here and there and I dont think I had enough dishes to wait to do a full load if I had a dishwasher so I just assumed everyone had strainers LOL

Sure hope you get it fixed right quick.

tigger4
02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
I think my dishes procreate when I am not looking.

Or it could just be the kids who think you need 5 plates, 4 bowls, and 3 cups to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :laugh: Of course, I don't do the dishes that is what I have kids for. ;)

Shann
02-12-2008, 07:24 PM
I think my dishes procreate when I am not looking.

Or it could just be the kids who think you need 5 plates, 4 bowls, and 3 cups to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :laugh: Of course, I don't do the dishes that is what I have kids for. ;)

you mean it doesn't? :lol I'll admit that when I'm making something I use a lot of dishes for like my prep work and all that, so not having a dishwasher is not an option. When ours went out, they kept mulitplying and stacking til we had no more and had to do them :lol neither of us like to wash by hand. I only wash by hand what has to be done and even then it may sit a few days :o lol i'm so lazy! :drowning thankfully we have a big sink ;)

dv8grl
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Even when I lived in a house/apt. that had a dish washer., I NEVER USED IT.
.. then again, its only been me or me & DH, so it would be such a waste + I can't stand the way dishes feel if they've been washed in a dishwasher., just feels weird!

Willow
02-13-2008, 08:43 AM
We don't have a dishwasher here but we did in the old apartment. I had a strainer when I had the dishwasher because there were certain things that I washed by hand. Things like frying pans that I knew would not get clean in the dishwasher. I miss having a dishwasher because I hate seeing dishes in the sink so whenever something gets dirty I wash it right away and it's a pain. At least with the dishwasher you can put the dirty stuff in there so you don't have to look at it sitting in the sink.

kelblend
02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
There are 5 people in my house. I do the dishes by hand. We'd have to tear apart quite a bit in the kitchen to get a dishwasher in. Every dish that I wash brings me closer to just tearing it apart. I abhor dishes.

ahippiechic
02-13-2008, 05:36 PM
There are 5 people in my house. I do the dishes by hand. We'd have to tear apart quite a bit in the kitchen to get a dishwasher in. Every dish that I wash brings me closer to just tearing it apart. I abhor dishes.

Gurl, you wouldn't be able to see my sink if I had to do that many dishes by hand! I think I'd just buy paper plates so I could just throw them away!

Tasha405
02-13-2008, 09:31 PM

OMG! Same here.. 5 of us and I have to wash everything by hand. We have no room/space for a dishwasher. That should be against the law! :lol

kelblend
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
OMG! Same here.. 5 of us and I have to wash everything by hand. We have no room/space for a dishwasher. That should be against the law! :lol

I completely agree with you and now I know someone who feels my pain. lol Seriously, it sucks.

iluvmybaby
02-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I am the dishwasher, the last three days I have been broken do to the cold or flu, all it took to fix me was 72 hours of rest and some Alka Seltzer. I hope UR dishwasher is as easy to fix

Tasha405
02-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Seriously, it sucks.

Yes it does!! I thought about getting a portable dishwasher but OMG they are so expensive!! All the ones I found are like $400 - $500. Forget that! Ok, I have thought about it but damn, thats alot of money for a dishwasher! LOL

janelle
02-13-2008, 10:17 PM
My hubby would always say he had two dishwashers---his kids. LOL

I hated washing dishes by hand in his old house when we got married but I did it for the five years we lived there. Sure made me appreciate my mother better. After I had hand washed the same dishes about 1,000 times.

The house we moved to had a lousy dishwasher but I still used it. Hubby would complain about the dirty dishes but I held my ground to get a new one. He finally did when company said something. Sometimes you just have to wait them out. HEEHEEHEE We got a Whirlpool and in our house now we have a GE. Doesn't matter to me what kind just as long as they work and I have one. LOL