PDA

View Full Version : I hate my computer

cuddlebugg
02-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I had to reformat and lost everything today. I had some stuff backed up but not all of it. I totally spaced out backing up my favorites, email, etc. I have spent all day messing with my computer. I told my dh next time this happens I'm running over it and buying a freaking new one.

Shann
02-09-2008, 10:45 PM
I understand that, we had to reformat and I lost a lot of stuff... and all my most important favorites :cry I could have cared less if I lost some of it, but of course had to be the ones I really wanted to keep. :( I hope you can find a way to get them back, I have no clue how to. :(

tracey74
02-10-2008, 11:20 PM
how did you know you needed to reformat your pc? what was it doing?
and,
if you do a true reformat it wipes everything clean and nothing you backed up(unless on another hard drive or disk) will be saved and you cant get it back . my first pc which I got in 2000 was suppose to be new(it was a gateway) and the first 6 months I had to reformat it 6 times yes 6. the first few times they walked me through it after that I knew how to do it and did it myself.that pc is still running although I dont know how but the first time I reformatted it (when they had me go through some files) I realized it wasnt new that it had been used-there was way too much personal info on it that wasnt mine)anyway once you do a full reformat your basically wiping everything off the hard drive thats on there.all I can say is next time try backing up your pc to an earlier time to see if that helps even temporarily and then burn what you want onto a cd like favorites,programs,etc. or make a list of what you want to keep and so forth. I always back up stuff onto discs just in case I need to reformat(or the pc crashes). I taught myself through trial and error on how to fix my pc's when they need it . and one of these days I am going to build my own pc(when money allows) but id look into some kind of program that you can install that automatically backs up your pc so that you can fix all problems and you will only have to reformat as a last resort.

cuddlebugg
02-11-2008, 07:38 PM
I tried to do a system restore and that did not help. I ended up online with Dell support and they are the ones that told me to reformat it. It would not open up IE or allow me to use any other browser to get online, it was running really slow and have various other issues. I had everything backed up to another computer as far as files go, it was the emails and favorites that I didn't even think to back up.

cathych
02-12-2008, 07:44 AM
I recently bought a new computer and love it. I had a great coupon for a new dell so I went for it.

iluvmybaby
02-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Computers are supposed to make your life easier, really now they seem to just piss you off.