PDA

View Full Version : I should be excited but I am not...

A0305
02-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I just found out recently that my son's girlfriend is about 6 weeks pregnant. My son is 21 and she is 23. She is a great person and they are very happy together. They have been together for a good while. I know that they will be good parents. I am just not excited and I know that I should be. I mean when my daughter told me she was expecting Ryan, I was so excited and happy. I love being a memaw and have dreamed of having a bunch of grandbabies but I am just not thrilled about this.

What is wrong with me?

Beso
02-07-2008, 11:57 AM
You might not feel excited now, but as soon as you see him/her I am sure you'll change your mind.

Congrates and best wishes..

tigger4
02-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Maybe it is because they are so young.

Maybe it is because you just became a Grandma and being a Grandma again so soon seems overwhelming. That is an awful lot of spoilin' to do all at once you know. :)

Whatever the reason, I am sure that by the time that baby gets here you will be in full spoilin', lovin' Grandma mode.

Congratulations!!! Maybe this one will be a girl and you can have one of each.

BigLyd1
02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
You say your son's girlfriend. So I assume they're not married. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But is that part of why you're not excited? Maybe you would like to see them get married?

lassss
02-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Maybe you're not that excited (yet) because it is not your daughter having the baby, it is your son's gf, if that makes sense.

Give it time, once you see your new grandchild, you will forget all about these thoughts

Lori63
02-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Are they getting married? Can they afford the baby? Maybe you're just worried.
I'm sure you'll be excited soon!

Shann
02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I agree w/ the other posters. I bet the closer it gets the more excited you will be. :D

Freebeemom
02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Maybe because you know the road ahead. Despite the fact they are good people, and good together, having a child is a HUGE responsiblity. No matter what age and how ready you are, you NEVER KNOW what to expect with a child.

tnfuhs
02-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Give it time, you'll be excited.... I think I'd be in the same position of my son's girlfriend got pregnant, I hardly ever see her. My step daughter just had a baby, and even tho I'm not with her dad anymore, I'm still a "grandma", I hardly ever see her, and have only seen Lexi once, so I don't feel like a "grandma", cuz it's not one of my own kids.

A0305
02-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice. I hope that I will get excited as time passes.

PrincessArky
02-10-2008, 03:16 AM
might just be timing as you having been Grandma to Ryan very long.......I know my ex mil wanted a grand baby so bad but then she ended up with 4 in a bit over 2 yrs......she was honestly just burned out on new babies after a while lol

Army-Mom
02-10-2008, 06:30 AM
I am sure the excitement will come..my daugher in law in Texas ( Misti) always lets Max call me so he wont forget his nana and papa and I will even have a hand in naming our little girl they are having for me...lol..I also have a little grandgirl named Makala..and also Misti will have him sit on her lap so we can see each other on web cam too..oh and I should add my little girl ISNT on the way yet..lol..she is going to kill me..