PDA

View Full Version : omg i am ready to jump from a big building

earnhardt1
02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
ok so my stove broke on thursday and we have been doing tv dinners and take out and stuff int eh slow cooker till tommorow when we can get a truck to go get one. well i called sears and they dont stock stoves around here. they are order only wont be in stock till fri-saturday.
best buy has one and it wont match my kitchen but at this point i dont even care i want to cook food i am tired of tv dinners.

ughhhhhh where else can i find a stove????

iluvmybaby
02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Lowes or Home depot have CHEAP stoves I bought one for $350 shipped that was actually decent

earnhardt1
02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
i want to be able to go and buy one tonight at the store...... i am so frustrated i just want real food already :(
i found one at lowes for 268 BUT they dont stock them

PrincessArky
02-04-2008, 05:20 PM
ah man that stinks I hope you are able to get one soon........I dont know what I would do w/out a stove I cook every single day of my life :(

earnhardt1
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
i hear ya. i want to cook my dinner and make breakfast for the lil man. he otld me today if he has to eat one more tv dinner for breakfast he is never eating again lol......
hopefully i can find one tommorw

Eyore
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
I think Best Buy carries stoves. If you have a Sams membership they have them sometimes. Boscovs have them online so they might have them in the stores.
I would call around and see who has some in stock.

Kyla Kym
02-05-2008, 12:46 AM
You could always just go buy you a electric hot plate and toaster oven until you get the oven you want.

I have a electric hot plate that I got from Big Lots for about $15.00 and they are so handy during the holidays. It gives you 2 extra burners. Plus they don't take up allot of room if you store it.

Mine is kind of like this one.
http://i4.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/b4/d4/831e_1.JPG

And they make all types of toaster ovens. From cheap to expensive. :)

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/9/7/4/1/5/webimg/102470304_tp.jpg

Shann
02-05-2008, 01:42 AM
any luck? if our stove goes out we are good, we have a foreman grill, a griddle, toaster and toaster oven. It would suck, but would be doable until we were able to find one. GL :)

Kyla Kym
02-05-2008, 01:48 AM
any luck? if our stove goes out we are good, we have a foreman grill, a griddle, toaster and toaster oven. It would suck, but would be doable until we were able to find one. GL :)

You sound like me, always prepared for any disaster. :D

Our power goes out often. I even have a Coleman cook stove like you use when your camping. It came in handy when we were without power for 2 whole weeks straight several years ago. :)

earnhardt1
02-05-2008, 04:34 AM
going to sears today to order one on sale for 249.00 looks like im oing to use the foreman and slow cooker till saturday-sunday. no b-day dinner cooked by hubby for me now :(

PrincessArky
02-05-2008, 06:52 AM
You sound like me, always prepared for any disaster. :D

Our power goes out often. I even have a Coleman cook stove like you use when your camping. It came in handy when we were without power for 2 whole weeks straight several years ago. :)

oh girl you just reminded me of and ice hell :( 15 days w/out power here

Kyla Kym
02-05-2008, 02:52 PM
oh girl you just reminded me of and ice hell :( 15 days w/out power here

That's the way it was here too. It might have been even longer. I can't recall now for sure. I just remember I agreed to build a company in Glenwood a website in exchange for a generator big enough to power my whole house by the second week of it. It was horrible. We at least have a creek in the back yard. I felt like I was Laura Ingles (braids and all) when I would go out there with a bucket and get water from the creek so I could flush the toliet. :laugh: One thing though, we all had plenty of food since it was Christmas day. Remember that? I had cooked a huge meal because everyone was suppose to come to my house for Christmas. So we had plenty of food. Plus I was having to grill all the food that was defrosting out of the freezer. I ended up feeding the dogs tons of steak that week. Hubby is weird. I told him leaving it outside in a ice chest would keep it from spoiling. But he was afraid to take chances. So the dogs ate better than we usually do during that ice storm. :) Hope that never happens ever again!

DrGrin
02-05-2008, 03:29 PM
going to sears today to order one on sale for 249.00 looks like im oing to use the foreman and slow cooker till saturday-sunday. no b-day dinner cooked by hubby for me now :(

He could always fix steak or boneless chicken on the foreman grill and make baked potatoes in the microwave.

Don't let him have an excuse not to fix a meal.

gravittr
02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
that sucks. u never miss something till u dont have it. but that stove is something u really do need

earnhardt1
02-05-2008, 05:46 PM
im at teh point now where i have a new stove,new plug new outlet and still no workin stove.. i have a horrible migrane and i just want to cook some mac and cheeese that im craving

PrincessArky
02-06-2008, 06:22 AM
That's the way it was here too. It might have been even longer. I can't recall now for sure. I just remember I agreed to build a company in Glenwood a website in exchange for a generator big enough to power my whole house by the second week of it. It was horrible. We at least have a creek in the back yard. I felt like I was Laura Ingles (braids and all) when I would go out there with a bucket and get water from the creek so I could flush the toliet. :laugh: One thing though, we all had plenty of food since it was Christmas day. Remember that? I had cooked a huge meal because everyone was suppose to come to my house for Christmas. So we had plenty of food. Plus I was having to grill all the food that was defrosting out of the freezer. I ended up feeding the dogs tons of steak that week. Hubby is weird. I told him leaving it outside in a ice chest would keep it from spoiling. But he was afraid to take chances. So the dogs ate better than we usually do during that ice storm. :) Hope that never happens ever again!

we "buried" our stuff in the snow lol