PDA

View Full Version : sad day

tljohn123
02-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Today would have been my dad's 62nd birthday. I remember we would always call him and ask if he'd seen his shadow, and he'd run out and peek his head out ever soooo carefully......and then run like hell back into the house. I miss him so much. We lost him 24 years ago, 10 days after his 38th birthday. He died from a blood clot that moved from his brain and stopped in his heart. It was too big to pass through.

So...happy birthday Dad. I miss you and I love you and not a day goes by that I don't think about you.

ElleGee
02-02-2008, 10:14 AM
(hug)

Pepsi4me
02-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Sorry for your loss.

earnhardt1
02-02-2008, 10:28 AM
(((((((((hugs)))))))))

Qtxann315
02-02-2008, 12:03 PM
That's such a cute story of your dad, sorry for your lost. He's always with you as long as you remember him.

Shann
02-02-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm so sorry, that's a very sweet memory you have of him though. :) :hug

tljohn123
02-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I have so many memories of that man. We lived with him the year before he died and had so much fun. We didn't have a lot of money because he was the only one working but somehow we always had enough. He worked 2nd shift at a trucking company as a mechanic and when he came home late from work he would go thru the kitchen (my sister and I slept in there on a mattress---this was a very small house. Only a small one bedroom for my dad and stepmom and the four of us kids) and make sure my feet where covered----I always covered my head and not my feet lol---and of course that would wake me up. We were always playing pranks on each other too. Always had a lot of fun. And the night he died, we were waiting for my mother to come down from MI, we went to bed, and at the normal time he would have come home we heard the front door open, the sound of his boots hitting the floor and him walking thru the house and I know he was there, he covered up my feet. Oh gosh....just thinking about this, I just want to sit here and bawl my eyes out!

Thank you so much for thinking of me.....

buglebe
02-02-2008, 05:35 PM
I had my dad until he was 82. It always hurts so bad to lose them but I always feel people who lose loved ones so young get cheated so much.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Having happy memories is great. My dad loved to hide Easter eggs even when we were grown. So he hid Easter eggs whether there were grandchildren home or not.

BeanieLuvR
02-02-2008, 05:39 PM
(((tljohn123))) I am sorry for your loss. It is so nice you got to be with him that last year and make memories to have to look back on.

tljohn123
02-02-2008, 05:59 PM
You know, they say it gets easier over time when you lose someone. It really doesn't does it. It still sucks knowing my dad will never meet the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with, knowing he'll never meet his grandchildren. I know in spirit he IS here though. I can still feel him. And sometimes, I can still smell the soap he used to use---and no one in this house uses that same type of soap.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-02-2008, 06:09 PM
That's a wonderful memory,hold it close always.

((hugs))

magic52
02-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I also had a wonderful dad, he was my hero. I sure can feel for you. It seems like yesterday that I was sitting at his table talking to him. Cancer took him away so fast, just never enough time. Tears are coming to my eyes as I write this, I miss him so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

galeane29
02-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Bless your heart...

I lost my daddy 2 days after Mothers Day almost 4 years ago. I had just talked to him the day before. He was ready to go, he had alot of medical
problems from a stroke he had several years before. He would be 90.

christianw27
02-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm sorry to all of you who had lost someone

Right before I found this thread I was holding my grandma's obituary in my hand. I have been having such a hard time lately and I was so close to her. it doesn't seem like she's been gone 8 years.

sigh...

PrincessArky
02-03-2008, 06:43 AM
I am sorry for your loss, and you are right that pain really never gets much easier

catdance
02-03-2008, 02:21 PM
BIG HUGS, my Daddy got sick a little less than a year ago, he has dementia and Alzhimers (sp), and it just sucks, I feel badly for you, and I feel just like you, like my Daddy is already gone..