PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming amount of SPAM lately!

mysticgemi
02-01-2008, 05:58 AM
I have noticed that we have been having a massive amount of SPAM posts lately. They didn't used to be this thick. Is there anything we can do to get rid of them or their posts or get some bug spray or something?

Just wanna help if I can.

:beamup

freeby4me
02-01-2008, 06:39 AM
The best thing for you to do is click the little triangle button to report the post and then move on. This gives the mods a heads up without having to go and search out the posts themselves.

booska1346
02-01-2008, 06:41 AM
I notice there is a "report post" button. That's one thing you can do, as most forums have that button operational. 2nd is the general internet guideline of not bumping troll-posts. Let one person say "spam" or whatever, then let the post die quietly. The less bumps a spammer gets, the quicker the post is retired to page 45 covered by legitamate ads. The spammer will get a reputation of being a spammer, and most will ignore its posts.

ahippiechic
02-01-2008, 06:42 AM
There's not a lot to be done. They usually register when there are no mods around and get in 2 or 3 posts. We ban them as soon as one of us gets on here and sees it.

The best thing to do is just report the post and don't reply to it. Replying just keeps the spam post bumped up to the top of the 1st page.

mysticgemi
02-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Okay cool, thank you all for the friendly answers. Was worried that someone might get nasty but I just had to ask. I'm still a little new to the forum thing. Thanks again and might I say you all are doing a wonderful job.

:thankyou

Shann
02-03-2008, 03:33 PM
it would be helpful if IP's could be banned, but apparantly that will never happen to help the mods out, I mean why should they care, (not the mods) they don't have to deal w/ it :rolleyes: