PDA

View Full Version : I wanna scream but might scare the neighbors.

galeane29
01-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I had typed out this long post and lost it when my PC decided to freeze...gah!

I'll try to make it short.

I was adopted at 7 and my 1st dh had also been adopted. I had found my adopted family when I was 18. Meanwhile DH was jealous and upset because we knew nothing but the name of his Birthmother. Years after we were married and had 2 kids I found out he had been secretly taking out loans, gambeling and stealing. I had had enough of being broke all the time and asked him for a divorce. I had no where to go, none of my family had room for me and the kids and DH would'nt move out. I had no choice but to stay in the house. I would get a job, he would change his shift so I couldnt work. He would hide my keys or disconnect something on my car so I couldnt go anywhere. He had my cell turned off and house phone disconnected.

He had become abusive verbally and physically even so far as to attempt rape. He had my entire family convinced that I was a horrible person and nobody would talk to me nor believe me about what was going on at home. He would never do anything infront of the kids to keep him from looking bad. ( they were 5 and 8 at the time) I went into a deep depression, stayed at the house all the time , I had even gotten to the point that I wasnt taking care of my kids. I just did'nt care anymore, I was a prisioner in my own body.
My brother had sent me a computer for my birthday that year. I started getting online and found an Alabama chat room on MSN ( huge mistake)
and started making friends. I had gotten a lil too friendly with a man, that I had met once in person and one thing led to another and well....yeah I had a one night stand.

I did'nt have the guts to tell my DH since we were still married I felt like a whore. My aunt ended up telling him one day in anger thinking it would make him finaly leave. No, that did'nt work..it made the situation worse. He would call into work and stay at the house and just sit and stare at me. If I moved, he would follow me. One time in a fit of rage he had me up against the wall by my throat with his forearm. I clawed at thim to get away, he called the cops. I was arrested infront of my kids and spent the night in jail.
I called my mother to come bail me out but she said I deserved to stay in there seeing I had brought it all on myself. (bitch)

A couple of months later I had gone out with a friend of mine, DH followed and he was drunk. He tried to get me to leave with him but I refused. He cold cocked me in the face, he was arrested. I got back home, packed my stuff and couldnt leave because the ass had my keys. I had no other choice but to sit there and wait till he got back home. When he did , he got a handgun he had bought me years earlier, loaded it and started waving it around. I got my keys from him somehow and got the hell outta dodge.

Made it to my mothers house where DH was on the phone with my kids telling them that he loved them and goodbye.
Long story short, there was a highspeed car chase where it ended with DH turning the gun on himself. I heard the whole thing on the officers radio. I was devistated, I was in shock.
My inlaws blame me. They call me a murderer. They have not wanted anything to do with me so they dont keep in contact with the kids ( now 13 and 16)My daughter has gotten emails and myspace messages telling her to come visit in Texas and they will pay for everything. What I am mad about is this....after the funeral they begged me to let them take a box of pictures ( a moving box size mind you) with them because they wanted to make nice photo albums and such for the kids. Well, over 7 years later the kids still dont have their pictures and videos. The inlaws wont send them back. I'm furious and my kids are pissed off. But in the latest message from the aunt to my daughter she tells her that I said the kids wanted nothing to do with the family. I never said that, what I said was that I did'nt want them sending the kids emails and messages trying to lure them away. They have not bothered to talk to me at all.

DH's family does'nt understand what I had to put up with and no my affair was totaly uncalled for I do not condone what I did by all means. I apologized to DH for that but I still was not sorry for wanting a divorce.
He was upset because he couldnt find his bio mother, his parents had divorced and that tore him up. He I think was bipolor but refused to go to the doc. There was so many signs but nobody would listen to me. He was a smooth talker and had everyone wrapped around his finger.
I did'nt make him take his life, I did'nt ! I loved that man with all of my soul.
I left home at 16 to marry him I wanted a dozen babies with him. I wanted to spend the rest of eternity with him. I still hurt to the core but i'm being called a murderer by his family and it hurts so much like it happend yesturday.

I have remarried and have a wonderful life. But I still think back to what I could have done to make DH1 to not do what he did. I know it was not my fault but ....in a way sometimes I think it is.
There is sooo much more to the story but I could be here all day typing.

christianw27
01-29-2008, 09:07 AM
I am so sorry that you went through that.

You didn't pull the trigger and you aren't a murderer.

It sounds like he was mentally ill and thank god he didnt kill you or the kids and that you got away. he had more problems too, gambling, stealing, etc.

I would ask them to please return the pictures to the children and if they won't do that I would just tell them to stop contacting my children. They are holding those pictures and etc over your and kids heads. Don't let them do that to you.

pepperpot
01-29-2008, 09:16 AM

It sounds like he was mentally ill and thank god he didnt kill you or the kids and that you got away. he had more problems too, gambling, stealing, etc.

I would ask them to please return the pictures to the children and if they won't do that I would just tell them to stop contacting my children. They are holding those pictures and etc over your and kids heads. Don't let them do that to you.

:agree

Galeane, you are one strong wonderful woman and are not the one to blame. He was ill. As for the pictures, don't get hung up on it. Live in the present and for the future, not the past. If it's meant to be, the kids will get the pictures. I so feel for you.

PrincessArky
01-29-2008, 09:23 AM
I just thank God that you and the kids didnt get killed.

galeane29
01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm not really hung up on the pictures. Alot of them I probably have the negatives anyway.
Another thing...He had begged me to come see him , to talk. This was just a couple of hours before the car chase. A few weeks later when I had to pick up his belongings at the sheriffs office, I was asked if I wanted the hand gun or If I wanted it destroyed. What do you think I said? Also that DH had a small tape recorder with him in the car and had recorded the entire altercation. He spouted off how he hated me and hated his family and what he wanted to do to me if I had met him at the park to talk earlier that evening, he wanted to kill me too. I did'nt listen to the tape, they told me that they wouldnt let me anyway even if I wanted to.
None of his family even live anywhere near us. His father and one sister live in Texas , one is in Oregon, one in Arizona , one in California and his mother is in Idaho. I have always let them know where we are and kept the line of communication open , they have been the ones to not keep in contact. I just dont want them telling my kids that its all me keeping them away and i'll be damned if they come get my kids for a so called "visit". One reason I have stayed in Alabama is because there is NO extended family visitation law anymore.

galeane29
01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
I just thank God that you and the kids didnt get killed.

Amen to that, they are my world

DBackFan
01-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Wow I am so sorry this all happened to you. LIke everyone else has said YOU DID NOT KILL HIM. As for the pictures, thats really hard. Since they are on good terms with the daughter on myspace can't she ask them?

galeane29
01-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Wow I am so sorry this all happened to you. LIke everyone else has said YOU DID NOT KILL HIM. As for the pictures, thats really hard. Since they are on good terms with the daughter on myspace can't she ask them?

She has asked them and she gets all kinds of excuses like I have had a hard time and havent had time or money to send them. We have told them to send them COD. They even called me a few weeks after they had gotten the pics and said , hey you did'nt put all of the pics in this box, they arent all here. WTH? Was I suppose to give them every last pic I had. The book of pics they really wanted was the ones of DH we had from his childhood.
To me its like they wanted to take everything of him they could , including the kids.

gmyers
01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Don't let anybody try to make you feel guilty. With what you said was on the tape he made you're lucky to be alive. It does sound like he was really messed up by what was going on with his family and not finding his birth parents but he shouldn't have took it out on you. I think his family have guilty consciences thats why they're saying what they are about you. You're also lucky when he was waving the gun around that he didn't hurt you or do something to the kids. I'm sorry you went through all that you did.

earnhardt1
01-29-2008, 12:46 PM
(((((((((hugs))))))))))) you did what was best for u and the kids

janelle
01-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Raise your kids now and give them all the love you can. When they reach 18 or older they can go for a visit and they will probably give them the pics.

This way they cannot try to turn the kids against you. Little kids cannot understand things. They will know you are a good person and mother and tried your best.

Too bad his family cannot hear the tape he made but it may not make any difference to them. They need to make you the bad guy for their own piece of mind. Just know you are doing the best you can for your kids.

Kelsey1224
01-29-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm so very sorry you went through this and I praise God that you and your kids survived this. I say...love your kids...surround with with loving family. And, when they are old enough to visit their father's family on their own (i.e., age 18), give them your blessing. Until then, you are the parent and it's your job to see that they are safe, protected, and loved. You don't know what these people could or would do. What they have done in the past wouldn't be assurance to me that they have my children's best interests at heart.

ElleGee
01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Don't let them make you feel guilty. None of his issues were your fault in the least.

I am very sorry you had to go thru all that. I am also sorry that your kids don't have thier father but, I am glad that's one less abusive a$$hole in the world.

He is better off where he is. You are MUCH better off where you are now. His/your family should go eff themselves. You did jack squat to deserve what you got from him.

I would wash my hands of them and try and remember THEY are the problem. Not you

Mom2Shaun
01-29-2008, 05:32 PM
OMG, what a horrible thing for you and your family to go through! You know you're not responsible for your husband's actions; hee obviously was mentally ill and there's nothing you could have done. Don't let his family upset you; they're just hurting and are afraid that they are at fault, so they put the blame on you. But I wouldn't let them have much to do with your kids. Your children may be vulnerable to what they say, especially as they go though the turbulent teen years. Let your kids ask them for the photos when they reach 18, but I wouldn't try too hard to forge a bond between his family and yours now. The past is over, and you have a much better present and future ahead of you, so enjoy it.

1luckylady
01-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I have belonged here for awhile but never post because I am afraid of being bashed. Yes, I'm sorta shy. Anyway, I just thank the good Lord you are okay. Reading this brought back really bad memories for me because I had a husband that was I'll many years ago. I want you to know that you are okay. It's not your fault and there isn't a damned thing else you could have done.

galeane29
01-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Thank you everybody for the kind words.
I do not blame myself but I do feel guilt, I think thats
because things had really gotten out of control before
that fatal night. I regret the mean things I said to him and
for hating him.
I do not talk bad of him to my kids but they do know now
how he died. They know he was sick.

BeanieLuvR
01-29-2008, 10:11 PM
(((galeane29))) I am really sorry that you had to go through that. You did the best that you could. Thank goodness he only killed himself and not you and the kids too. He was ill. I hope that one day you get the pictures back for your kids.

tracey74
01-29-2008, 11:41 PM
if they are contacting your kids through myspace and putting you down or trying to lie to your kids block them from contacting your kids. you didnt make him get in the car and you didnt make him shoot himself. he needed some serious help and if his family couldnt see that then they need help too. and for them to condone his behavior is just pathetic.sounds like his family are control freaks and like to be in charge of everything.just count your blessings that you and your kids are alive because Im sure your gut was telling you not to meet him and you knew well enough not too. never blame yourself for what he did. as long as your kids know the truth thats all that matters and to hell with his family if it were me Id cut them out completely until the kids were 18 and made the choice on their own if they want to see them or not.

myspirit
01-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Read my signature! Life is short, dance naked and wiggle your butt!! Blessed Be!

VALENA-)45
01-30-2008, 06:12 AM
Reading your post made me want to reach out and hug you until all of the bad mean things he did then and the nasty mean things his family are doing now, wouldn't affect you and your kids now. The things he was doing wasn't right and he knew it. His family also knows he was wrong, they feel guity and hurt cause they knew what was going on, but to feel better about themselves for not stepping in, they put the blame on you. The past hurts like hell when you think of it, so think of only the good things, your children, and the great man you have now. God bless you.

galeane29
03-27-2008, 08:51 AM
UPDATE

I recieved a box in the mail and guess what it was...
Thats right the picture box, well it was quite large
and heavy to have just a shoe box inside with the
pictures. All the pics and some trash yes trash
was just thrown in the box all mixed up and bent
UGH!
I straighted it up and threw the trash out ( envelopes,
empty packages that you get when you get pics
developed, manilla folders?, and some old clothes of
their fathers that I had no desire to keep) before the
kids got home.
The kids were excited to get the box and sat at the
kitchen table separating the pictures into piles.
I was making dinner at this time and the kids brought
it to my attention that .....there was NOT ONE picture
of their father in the box. I was fit to be tied. Also,
it had not accured to me when I was cleaning out the
box but NONE of the family videos were there either.

Needless to say , the kids were upset but they will
be fine. I sent a message to my ex SIL on my space
seeing as that is the only way I have any communication
with her and told her the delima, well guess what the
beepedity beep beep did? She deleated me instead of
responding to me. Oh well, no skin off of my back nor
the children.

It sure is nice to have some of the pics back , I have
my daughters dance pictures back from when she was 3 and
4 years old she sure was adorable. I'll post some
pics of my family later on when I get a chance to scan
some pics.

ahippiechic
03-27-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm glad that at least you got some of the pix of the kids back.

PrincessArky
03-27-2008, 09:03 AM
UPDATE

I recieved a box in the mail and guess what it was...
Thats right the picture box, well it was quite large
and heavy to have just a shoe box inside with the
pictures. All the pics and some trash yes trash
was just thrown in the box all mixed up and bent
UGH!
I straighted it up and threw the trash out ( envelopes,
empty packages that you get when you get pics
developed, manilla folders?, and some old clothes of
their fathers that I had no desire to keep) before the
kids got home.
The kids were excited to get the box and sat at the
kitchen table separating the pictures into piles.
I was making dinner at this time and the kids brought
it to my attention that .....there was NOT ONE picture
of their father in the box. I was fit to be tied. Also,
it had not accured to me when I was cleaning out the
box but NONE of the family videos were there either.

Needless to say , the kids were upset but they will
be fine. I sent a message to my ex SIL on my space
seeing as that is the only way I have any communication
with her and told her the delima, well guess what the
beepedity beep beep did? She deleated me instead of
responding to me. Oh well, no skin off of my back nor
the children.

It sure is nice to have some of the pics back , I have
my daughters dance pictures back from when she was 3 and
4 years old she sure was adorable. I'll post some
pics of my family later on when I get a chance to scan
some pics.

so glad you got some pics back.....as for the familes behavior well that just shows you and your kids are way better off w/out any of them in your lives

Jackie_Blu
03-27-2008, 09:09 AM

:agree

Galeane, you are one strong wonderful woman and are not the one to blame. He was ill. As for the pictures, don't get hung up on it. Live in the present and for the future, not the past. If it's meant to be, the kids will get the pictures. I so feel for you.

Reading your post made me want to reach out and hug you until all of the bad mean things he did then and the nasty mean things his family are doing now, wouldn't affect you and your kids now. The things he was doing wasn't right and he knew it. His family also knows he was wrong, they feel guity and hurt cause they knew what was going on, but to feel better about themselves for not stepping in, they put the blame on you. The past hurts like hell when you think of it, so think of only the good things, your children, and the great man you have now. God bless you.

My feelings exactly :hug :hug So glad you got the pics back:)