PDA

View Full Version : New whines about MIL

ma4angels
01-28-2008, 11:44 PM
I am sorry that I keep whining about this subject but I really don't have anyone to talk to about it. I just need to vent I guess. This women finally left with her new fellow she met about 10 minutes ago. I am glad she finally made a move but it is really playing on my DH mind. She has lost all my respect along time ago because figured out real quick like who and how she was. But I try to be respectful to my DH because she is his mom. Today he told me that he didn't want to lose me because the kids and I were all he had. I felt so bad for him. What can you do to help a person when the one person in his life that give him life doesn't care one way or the other about them. She is like that with all her kids not just him. She played so many games with them all that they aren't really that close. She always kept them in separate corners so she could play her head games on each one by using them against each other. I am personally glad she is gone. I kept my kids away from the situation because I knew it was going to be like this. She hasn't even bothered calling her other grandkids that were over all the time. I just don't understand a person who can be that selfish. Life just has to go on because the situation isn't going to change. I wish she would for all their sakes but I doubt it. I keep praying about it and that is all I can do.

PrincessArky
01-29-2008, 08:50 AM
all you can do for him is to just be there for him.

galeane29
01-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Oh goodness. Just be there for him . And seriously if you see the need....get counceling. Speaking from experience. My DH felt he had nobody else but me and when I couldnt take anymore of our situation....well , he could have used some help but refused to get any. I pray for you and just let him know without a doubt that you love him and are there for him no matter what.

Kelsey1224
01-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I agree with the suggestion for counseling. You can't explain someone like MIL because her attitude is so foreign to you. Your hubby has issues which need more than you can give him. Be loving and supportive, but he needs to find a way to deal with the abandonment issues which are a normal reaction to what his mother has put him through.

And...because of his frustration and anger...she is still controlling him...even though she is not even aware of it. Good luck!

gmyers
01-29-2008, 12:29 PM
I know exactly how your husband feels. My dad is the same way, loves to pit his kids against each other. I can't believe my dad told two of my sisters that when he's through no one in the family will like me. I don't know what to tell your husband because I can't seem to get over all my dads done. Its hard when the person that should love you doesn't. I feel really bad for your husband he doesn't deserve to be treated like that.

ttistin
01-29-2008, 02:24 PM
We are in this position also. Dh's parents are like this, heck 3 out of 4 of dh's sisters are like this. I can't even begin to tell you everything that she (and they) have done to dh, me or our kids.

Our middle sons birthday was yesterday, he turned 8. Dh's parents didn't call or send a card or anything. This is one of there grandchildren. I just don't get it. Course dh hardly gets a phone call on his birthday.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one going through stuff like this.