PDA

View Full Version : Skunk!!!!!!!!!!

taz69
01-28-2008, 10:02 PM
The entire house smells! Thought one of the dogs got sprayed-but NO! They must be under the house! it is midnight, so don't want to bother landlord this late-so we are heading to motel-it is so horrible! My poor daughter was already sick- this has set her stomach reeling! UGGGH!

YankeeMary
01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
YUCK!!! I don't blame you, I would head to the motel also. Skunk has to be the worst smell ever. I hope it airs out before you get back home.

nightrider127
01-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Go to a janitorial supply store or to a tobacco shop and get a product called Oban. . It is on the pricey side but you wont need a lot. We had a terrible skunk problem this past summer and the Oban took care of the stink.

earnhardt1
01-29-2008, 06:04 AM
hope it gets better for ya and the lil one feels better

ElleGee
01-29-2008, 06:37 AM
That sucks.. I found 2 skunks mating on my front lawn. Skunk pron isn't that interesting btw :)

freeby4me
01-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Oh no that sounds terrible! I sure hope you get that taken care of quick!

PrincessArky
01-29-2008, 08:43 AM
That sucks.. I found 2 skunks mating on my front lawn. Skunk pron isn't that interesting btw :)

lol

gosh I think skunks are so cute wish they didnt come with that terrible smell

DBackFan
01-29-2008, 09:31 AM
OK this sounds weird but it works!!! I have skunks and we had the same thing happen.

When you go home pour dry coffee grounds into skillets on the stove and start roasting them. You start smelling the coffee and you think its just covering the smell but after an hour or so of doing that, turn the pans off and wah la the smell is gone!

Now outside we had to spray a mixture of peroxide, water and baking soda over the area we think they sprayed on the porch area.

Good luck!

taz69
01-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Have already done the peroxide/baking soda/water on the porch AND dog-it does get the smell off of her. Poor thing is just slinking around the house today/lol. Will try the coffee grounds-just can't seem to clean enough to get rid of it!
BTW for all who helped me stay sane during hubby's melt down-he spent 6 weeks in re-hab, is back to work, and we will get this worked out! Thanks All!!!!!!!!!!

iluvmybaby
01-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Have already done the peroxide/baking soda/water on the porch AND dog-it does get the smell off of her. Poor thing is just slinking around the house today/lol. Will try the coffee grounds-just can't seem to clean enough to get rid of it!
BTW for all who helped me stay sane during hubby's melt down-he spent 6 weeks in re-hab, is back to work, and we will get this worked out! Thanks All!!!!!!!!!!

You will need to take the dog to a groomer unless you want to spend a LOT of time scrubbing him/her

taz69
01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Actually if you mix peroxide, baking soda and dish soap together, plaster them with it and wait about 5 minutes, it takes the smell away. Sometimes have to do it twice. Thanks Dback-the coffee grounds worked SO well.

queenangie
01-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Get 2 big cans (juice size) of plain old tomato juice.
Have doggie bath in tomato juice. Sit for a bit.
Then, wash & rinse.

Just buy the cheapest cans available.

xsweetestx
01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
use Dawn dishsoap,,it works