PDA

View Full Version : Gah! Stupid Foot Locker!!!

kyswpgrl
01-23-2008, 08:29 PM
On Saturday, I received two $25 Foot Locker gift cards in the mail from a sweepstakes win. I was so excited because I'm starting a new job next week and needed some shoes. I spent the next half hour browsing the site before settling on a pair of NIKEs and a UK tshirt. After using an online code and my gift cards, my out of pocket total was $1.07. I was so proud of my great deal!

I had money in my Paypal account, so I figured I would just use my Paypal debit card to cover the rest. I was shocked to see that they placed $51.07 pending on my account, but figured they had to just to make sure the gift card #s were valid or something. In the meantime, that has frozen up most of my Paypal funds, so I have been checking daily to see if it has cleared. Well, I just won a rather costly auction on Ebay and went to Paypal...the charge cleared in the full amount of $51.07.

WTF??? I'm sooo glad I kept the gift cards. I pulled them out of the envelope, called the toll free # on the back, and both still have their full balance of $25 each. UGH! Foot Locker is not going to refund my $50 when the gift card balances weren't even used. However, I never would have placed the order with them if it hadn't of been for those damn cards!!! I'm so pissed right now! I may be able to sell or trade the cards, but I needed that money NOW! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Shann
01-23-2008, 08:47 PM
that's ridiculous.. I would take the shoes, shirt and recipt to a local foot locker ask to speak w/ the manager, explain the situation, tell them you want the money refunded back to you and you want to re-rang them up and use the GC's this time. That's ridiculous, especially when I'm sure you typed in the GC's, but I'm guessing it should have taken that amt. off first before giving you the rest of the total, STILL it's their mistake and they need to fix it... if not I'd contact planetfeedback or ask to speak w/ the manager's supervisor. And this is why I don't like to shop online, it's just as easy for me to go to the store and use my GC than get screwed b/c I bought online. Good luck

kyswpgrl
01-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Well, there's only a small Foot Locker here in my town, so not a big selection and I'm sure they charge more. I never shop there. I figured I'd be better off buying online because I could use a code and get more. That's a good idea though about returning directly to the store. I hadn't thought of it. Then again, I'll still have paid the shipping costs, but we'll see. I emailed them through the website. The order is showing for delivery tomorrow though.

kyswpgrl
01-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Just received this email from Foot Locker:

Dear Amanda,

There were no gift cards listed on the original order. I have included a copy of the order below.

Please e-mail the gift card numbers and pin numbers. We can then make an adjustment on the cost of the order.
I emailed the person back first asking if the money would be refunded to my credit card. I don't feel comfortable sending the gift card #s and possibly being out the amount of money twice. KWIM? *crosses fingers*

Mini
01-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Wow thats crazy! I hope they give you your money back!!

Shann
01-23-2008, 10:35 PM
completely understand, I hope it all works out. :) *crossing my fingers for you*

vicky122
01-24-2008, 04:02 AM
Didn't it show at the end of your transaction? Also didn't you get an email showing you? Before I hit submit on buying something it will show my discount. And when I get an email. Forward a copy of that to footlocker.

kyswpgrl
01-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Didn't it show at the end of your transaction? Also didn't you get an email showing you? Before I hit submit on buying something it will show my discount. And when I get an email. Forward a copy of that to footlocker.
I know it did at the end of my transaction, but it shows the full amount in my email. I honestly didn't think anything of it because other stores I've bought from online have done the same thing. Like when I buy from Disney and use a discount code. The email will show the full price, but I get charged the discounted price. KWIM?

I heard back from Foot Locker last night and it said to call a toll free # today, so I need to get that done. I have already received my order.

kyswpgrl
01-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Called Foot Locker today and had to talk to two people, but hopefully the situation has been resolved. The lady asked for the gift card #s, put me on hold a few minutes, came back and said they would refund my credit card. She said it would take 2-3 days and would probably be Monday before I saw it. Let's hope it's soon!!!

Shann
01-24-2008, 04:56 PM
glad to hear it's getting resolved, hope your refund comes soon :D

PrincessArky
01-25-2008, 05:56 AM
oh girl I hope you get your money back soon............see in situations like this I think they OWE you more than just the $50 refund

hollyq
01-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Yeah they should give you some kind of credit or another gift card for your hassle and your time. That would be good business, otherwise you might not want to shop with them again in the future, due to your annoying experience.