PDA

View Full Version : ITS killing me

christianw27
01-23-2008, 08:56 AM
I went for the job interview monday and I think everything went ok. I signed the papers for the background check, passed the typing test...interview went well....

I still haven't heard anything. I know its too early that background checks take time but its killing me. I need this job so bad...:star:

kyswpgrl
01-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah, expect at least a week on a background check, but could be sooner. Good luck!

I'm *hopefully* starting a new job on Monday, but it's been a long process. I got the phone call for an interview before Christmas. Had interview on Jan. 4th and they called me that afternoon to ask if I wanted the job. I said yes, so they had to get a salary quote. Was the 12th before they called me with the quote, but said the dean had to sign off on it. Didn't get a return call until the 19th saying all was well. I went that day to sign paperwork for a background check and drug test. They told me it would be a week. Sitting here biting my fingernails now. If I start next week, my benefits will become active on Feb. 1st.

PrincessArky
01-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I hope you hear something soon :)

lassss
01-23-2008, 01:23 PM
It might take a week or longer, esp if they are interviewing other people and checking on their background too. Hope ya hear something soon

kyswpgrl
01-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I just got a call that my background and drug test came back fine. Here's hoping you hear something soon too!

Beso
01-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I went for the job interview monday and I think everything went ok. I signed the papers for the background check, passed the typing test...interview went well....

I still haven't heard anything. I know its too early that background checks take time but its killing me. I need this job so bad...:star:

Please tell me you weren't in Indiana... I went for an interview on Tuesday, and same things. I hate waiting, just tell me so I can move on. and let my hopes down.

christianw27
01-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Nope....not in indiana:dancing:

I'm a medical transcriptionist and I know its hard to find people with experience at it...I have 10 years but....it's still going to kill me if I dont get the job....

Beso
01-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Lol.. There is a hospital in Munster, Indiana hiring for this. Good luck to you. I hate to do transcription. Best Wishes.

Diana777
01-23-2008, 04:23 PM
good luck! I hope they call and offer you the job soon!

christianw27
01-24-2008, 09:03 AM
still nothing....:doh :wamb

iluvmybaby
01-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I hate waiting! If you haven't heard n e thing from then in a week, call them back. It doesnt hurt to show u r very intrested, as long as you arent being annoying about it

VALENA-)45
01-24-2008, 12:03 PM
I am wishing both of you lots of Good Luck, in your job hunting. I pray you both get the job.

christianw27
01-28-2008, 08:50 AM
still nothing.. no call, no thanks but no thanks letters...nothing :twitch

pepperpot
01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
I'd definitely call......just to show that you are still very interested.....and *hint* that you need to make a response, and just wanted to make sure things are still progressing well. ;) Good luck :)