PDA

View Full Version : Cloned Animal Meat........Will you buy it at the grocery store??

tsquared
01-15-2008, 05:13 PM
would it bother you buying cloned meat at the grocery store? Seems if they are not going to make them label it then there will be no way of knowing if it is or not.

ahippiechic
01-15-2008, 05:13 PM
I won't mind, I think it's a good idea.

freeby4me
01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Does that mean we'll glow in the dark after we eat it LOL

Naa, I dont care none. As long as it tastes OK and I dont grow a third eye from it....

dv8grl
01-15-2008, 05:26 PM
I think I'll wait & see what happens in the future. If a lb of real cow is $5 & a lb of cloned cow is $1 then, yeah.. cloned., but if it'll be around the same price, then nah...
These days I don't eat a ton of meat besides chicken & they don't have to clone them as they are reproduce fast.
Most of this CLONED MEAT issue had more to do with cloaning prize milk cows, so dairy, etc.. Which I guess we need right now, since dairy prices are sky high.

bpl76
01-15-2008, 05:28 PM
I will just keep raising my own. Then I KNOW what I am eating as we do not feed anything with chemicals in it. It is not especially cost effective with the price of grain these days, but worth it in my personal opinion.

ahippiechic
01-15-2008, 05:31 PM
My ex in-laws used to have a dairy farm and produced, packaged and sold their own milk, but they got bought out by a larger dairy company, so now they raise genetically altered beef for the government.

freeby4me
01-15-2008, 05:35 PM
My ex in-laws used to have a dairy farm and produced, packaged and sold their own milk, but they got bought out by a larger dairy company, so now they raise genetically altered beef for the government.

Im sorry but that sounds funny LOL it sounds futuristic or something!

ahippiechic
01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Im sorry but that sounds funny LOL it sounds futuristic or something!

It does, huh? :D

They supply the 'momma' cows, the gov. sends them frozen embryo's to implant. Then they raise the calf until it's a year old.

Jevonna
01-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Nope!!!!!!!!!!!

fjp999
01-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Nope!!!!!!!!!!!

unfortunately you will because unless you stop eating meat you wont know when youre eating cloned or non cloned.

It is the same with the milk and hormones. They wont force the companies to label hormone laced milk as such...

I understand that organic meat can be labeled as NON-cloned because if it is organic it isnt cloned???

frank

p.s. anyways from what I heard it wont be out for about four years.

mrssnoop1
01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
If it says what it is on the package, then no I won't buy it.

PrincessArky
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
It does, huh? :D

They supply the 'momma' cows, the gov. sends them frozen embryo's to implant. Then they raise the calf until it's a year old.

oh thanx for clearing that up I was thinking you meant they were already cloning them lol

YankeeMary
01-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Truthfully I have no idea what I will do. I would like to say no I wouldn't but don't want to fool myself. The powers that be will decide for us all unless like another poster stated you are or you become a vegaterian. I think I spelled that wrong but you know what I mean.