PDA

View Full Version : Stupid! Hair brain excuses!

Kyla Kym
01-15-2008, 03:25 PM
People on eBay never cease to amaze me with their excuses.

I got a e-mail from a seller today saying this:

hi there the postage was $20 so i have only just sent it today sorry
i hope you enjoy reading it

Ok, does that mean shipping was cheaper today than it was 4 days ago when she promised to ship it out? I mean really what does it costing more than she expected it to have to do with her 4 day delay in shipping it out. My hubby said well maybe she didn't have the money 4 days ago. I told him she should have because I paid her 5 days ago, and the money from the sale would cover the extra she had to pay on shipping plus she would still have made money on the sale. It was in AU dollars. So she really only had to come up with maybe 2 extra AU dollars, and the item cost me $10.50 AU and I gave her $24 US dollars. But that's beside the point. I told him that I shouldn't have to pay for her mistake. I held up my end. I paid right away for the book and the shipping she quoted to the USA. So for some odd reason she thinks it's justifiable to punish me for her mistake by holding off shipping for 4 days! :gaah

Do y'all get these lame ass excuses on eBay too? Or am I just lucky that way in finding these type sellers?

freeby4me
01-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Jeez, thats just rude!

Kyla Kym
01-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Jeez, thats just rude!

I thought so too. I told my hubby that I bet she picks the cheapest shipping method as well. I know there is like 2 different ways she can ship. And there isn't much difference in the price. But one will take like a week or two. And the other way is like 6 to 8 weeks someone told me. What you want to bet she picked the slowest shipping as well? Hubby said to me. "Well I would have picked the slowest too if I had to lose money". I said so you would make the buyer suffer for your mistake once again then? He didn't reply.

I know it's really not that big of a issue. But I just get so sick of sellers that act like this. And it's getting to where there are more and more of them. Just like I paid for a auction last week and it's still not here yet. It's coming from California, but they charged me $24.00 for UPS shipping on a 4 pound box. It's not suppose to arrive untill tommorow. So that's means it took 9 days to get here. I would think $24.00 bucks could have gotten it here allot faster than that. So as you can see I very lucky in finding these type sellers.

Heidi
01-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I think you just really pick some winners. My biggest peve with eBay right now is that I don't think there is a way to BLOCK international bidders. I don't put in my auctions that I will ship internationally, I ship US only. I don't give the option for them to figure out what shipping is, so why do they bid on my auctions?

iluvmybaby
01-15-2008, 05:15 PM
My dog ate my response or I would have replied

whatever
01-15-2008, 06:35 PM
I swear ebay has really peeved me lately. ever since i had that bad ordeal with that guy and he got away with harrassing me!! I did get my money back from pp. but the sellers are getting crappy. I would rather buy from here or craigslist or something.
I hope you get your book!!

PrincessArky
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I thought so too. I told my hubby that I bet she picks the cheapest shipping method as well. I know there is like 2 different ways she can ship. And there isn't much difference in the price. But one will take like a week or two. And the other way is like 6 to 8 weeks someone told me. What you want to bet she picked the slowest shipping as well? Hubby said to me. "Well I would have picked the slowest too if I had to lose money". I said so you would make the buyer suffer for your mistake once again then? He didn't reply.

I know it's really not that big of a issue. But I just get so sick of sellers that act like this. And it's getting to where there are more and more of them. Just like I paid for a auction last week and it's still not here yet. It's coming from California, but they charged me $24.00 for UPS shipping on a 4 pound box. It's not suppose to arrive untill tommorow. So that's means it took 9 days to get here. I would think $24.00 bucks could have gotten it here allot faster than that. So as you can see I very lucky in finding these type sellers.

All the more reason for me to not do ebay lol Anyway on the shipping from there when we do air it is supposed to take 7 to 10 days works for a letter NOT a package and that goes both ways as the kids just got their Christmas gifts last week (mailed from Oz on Dec 8th) lol. Surface mail OMG that takes 2 months (then again so did the last air mail we sent lol) Depending on weight there can be a HUGE price difference. We air mailed a package and paid $170 to get it there in 7 to 10 days turned out to take 2 freaking months (talk about one hot B here) had we wanted for it to go surface we could have paid just $50

Kyla Kym
01-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Heidi I had that happen before too. I don't know what they are thinking. I never like selling outside of the US either.

Whatever, if I don't get it, I will threating her with PrincessArky. I will tell her I'm sending a Arkansas hitwoman to Australia to get her. Wouldn't she pee her pants if PrincessArky showed up on her door asking for my book! :laugh:

You got my back right Princess? :hug

Kyla Kym
01-16-2008, 04:32 AM
All the more reason for me to not do ebay lol Anyway on the shipping from there when we do air it is supposed to take 7 to 10 days works for a letter NOT a package and that goes both ways as the kids just got their Christmas gifts last week (mailed from Oz on Dec 8th) lol. Surface mail OMG that takes 2 months (then again so did the last air mail we sent lol) Depending on weight there can be a HUGE price difference. We air mailed a package and paid $170 to get it there in 7 to 10 days turned out to take 2 freaking months (talk about one hot B here) had we wanted for it to go surface we could have paid just $50

Ain't that insane what they charge for overseas shipping? I feel sorry for yall. If it's not bad enough that you guys don't get to see then that often. Now you can't even afford to send goodies back and forth. Thank goodness for the internet so at least you can communicate back and forth with them that way for free. His family does have the net I hope?

PrincessArky
01-16-2008, 05:02 AM
You got my back right Princess? :hug

oh yeah girl I havent had that kind of fun in years lol

oh yeah they do and of course we do lots of phone calls too lol His parents always get a phone card which averages about .02 a min to phone us they normally do alot of the calling lol

Kyla Kym
01-16-2008, 05:18 AM
oh yeah girl I havent had that kind of fun in years lol

oh yeah they do and of course we do lots of phone calls too lol His parents always get a phone card which averages about .02 a min to phone us they normally do alot of the calling lol

I bet you can just listen to them for hours. I love that accent. Do they sound like Steve Irwin? Or does their accents vary over there like they do here in the states?:)

PrincessArky
01-16-2008, 05:21 AM
I bet you can just listen to them for hours. I love that accent. Do they sound like Steve Irwin? Or does their accents vary over there like they do here in the states?:)

yep accents are a bit different My Steve of course has an accent lol but it doesnt compare to Steve Irwins besides the fact that he had a very STRONG accent he was so very well you know hyper I think that made it even stronger. You know when Lexie was a tiny baby and my steve worked nights in order to cook dinner I had to put her right in front of the tv so she could hear the Crocodile Hunter show and she never cried when he was on.........she was too little to actually watch and understand but I think it had to do with the accent because it reminded her of daddy lol

Kyla Kym
01-16-2008, 05:29 AM
yep accents are a bit different My Steve of course has an accent lol but it doesnt compare to Steve Irwins besides the fact that he had a very STRONG accent he was so very well you know hyper I think that made it even stronger. You know when Lexie was a tiny baby and my steve worked nights in order to cook dinner I had to put her right in front of the tv so she could hear the Crocodile Hunter show and she never cried when he was on.........she was too little to actually watch and understand but I think it had to do with the accent because it reminded her of daddy lol

awww that is so sweet. :) Does any of your kids have the accent at all? That would be so cool. But I know it's probably impossible just about with them living here.

PrincessArky
01-16-2008, 05:34 AM
awww that is so sweet. :) Does any of your kids have the accent at all? That would be so cool. But I know it's probably impossible just about with them living here.

nope they dont have the accent :( always wished we could live there even if just while they were little so they would lol Thats the coolest thing is hearing a little person w/that Aussie accent :)

Kyla Kym
01-16-2008, 05:46 AM
nope they dont have the accent :( always wished we could live there even if just while they were little so they would lol Thats the coolest thing is hearing a little person w/that Aussie accent :)

Maybe someday you guys can live over there for awhile and they will pick it up. :) I know I can be having a bad day, and if I find a channel with Steve Irwin on it, for some reason it cheers me up just to hear his voice. :)

Hey while your at the zoo, try and slip off and find their house and take photo's. I know it's on the zoo compound somewhere. :laugh: Terri said the other night in a interview that no one ever came to their house to visit. So maybe you could make a surprise appearance. ;) Don't worry about getting in to much trouble. I set off the alarms at Graceland and they didn't do anything to me. Actually I set off the alarms once when I touched a car I wasn't suppose to touch. Then I took a flash photo and that's a no-no then I reached over and touched Elvis's pool table. I just couldn't keep my hands off things. I thought about racing upstairs at one point. But I figured that would be the last straw. :laugh:

PrincessArky
01-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Maybe someday you guys can live over there for awhile and they will pick it up. :) I know I can be having a bad day, and if I find a channel with Steve Irwin on it, for some reason it cheers me up just to hear his voice. :)

Hey while your at the zoo, try and slip off and find their house and take photo's. I know it's on the zoo compound somewhere. :laugh: Terri said the other night in a interview that no one ever came to their house to visit. So maybe you could make a surprise appearance. ;) Don't worry about getting in to much trouble. I set off the alarms at Graceland and they didn't do anything to me. Actually I set off the alarms once when I touched a car I wasn't suppose to touch. Then I took a flash photo and that's a no-no then I reached over and touched Elvis's pool table. I just couldn't keep my hands off things. I thought about racing upstairs at one point. But I figured that would be the last straw. :laugh:

wouldnt that just be too cool I cant believe after more than a decade after first wanting to go to Australia Zoo I am going to be there, I just wish it has been to watch Steve do a Croc feeding show or something.

OMG I cant believe you were into so much stuff at Graceland I guess we cant take you anywhere can we lol

hey forgot to ask what are you doing up so early or have you not been to bed yet?

Kyla Kym
01-16-2008, 05:57 AM
wouldnt that just be too cool I cant believe after more than a decade after first wanting to go to Australia Zoo I am going to be there, I just wish it has been to watch Steve do a Croc feeding show or something.

OMG I cant believe you were into so much stuff at Graceland I guess we cant take you anywhere can we lol

hey forgot to ask what are you doing up so early or have you not been to bed yet?
I know what you mean. I just can't imagine it being the same. For the Americans the Australia Zoo was all about Steve. But to the Irwins it's all about the zoo. I'm sure though you will love it. And I'm hoping you really will get to see Terri & Bindi. :) At least maybe Wes. He is there more than they are since he and Jodie are the mains one running it now.

Nope can't take me no where without something like that happening. That's what happens when you bring us hillbillies out of the mts. :laugh:

I was just getting ready to go to bed. :) I'm nervous about dad's surgery and thats why I'm up so late. But I think now I released some stress posting on here this morning so maybe now I can fall asleep. Well g'nite. See you all on here after while. :itsme:

PrincessArky
01-16-2008, 05:59 AM
I know what you mean. I just can't imagine it being the same. For the Americans the Australia Zoo was all about Steve. But to the Irwins it's all about the zoo. I'm sure though you will love it. And I'm hoping you really will get to see Terri & Bindi. :) At least maybe Wes. He is there more than they are since he and Jodie are the mains one running it now.

Nope can't take me no where without something like that happening. That's what happens when you bring us hillbillies out of the mts. :laugh:

I was just getting ready to go to bed. :) I'm nervous about dad's surgery and thats why I'm up so late. But I think now I released some stress posting on here this morning so maybe now I can fall asleep. Well g'nite. See you all on here after while. :itsme:

I hope all goes well with your dad's surgery and if ya need anything just give me a call

peaceluver
01-16-2008, 07:10 AM
I guess everyone has an ebay story nowdays. I have been on ebay many years and really only had a few little problems. Last week I bid on an item and the auction stated that the guy took cashers checks, money orders, and paypal. So I bid and won, then the auction will not let me pay with paypal. So DH emails the guy for his paypal addy and he sends this rude email back about how he very strongly and clearly stated that he doesnt take paypal under any exceptions. LOL so I very clearly sent him back an email saying that I will pay for the item but I copied his auction word for word and sent back to him telling him IT WAS NOT STRONGLY AND CLEARLY STATED as these were his words not mine. All the guy had to do was say our policy changed or he was sorry for the mix up and I would have been fine with it.