PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's Sucks!!!

madscientist
01-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Like baked potatoes? Don't bother going to Wendy's. They seem to have a "potato famine" there and the idiots who manage the place can't seem to keep enough in stock. Oh, well. So much for healthy alternatives!

Shann
01-14-2008, 09:13 PM
that sucks they were out of baked potatoes, but you aren't missing much if your Windy's is like the ones around here the potatoes are super duper tiny... you only get a few bites out of them :rolleyes:

JewRican
01-14-2008, 09:27 PM
:yeah I make my own cheesy broccoli cheddar potatoes.

Qtxann315
01-14-2008, 10:05 PM
So far I have had luck with ordering their potatoes. Sorry to hear that your Wendy's run out of potatoes.

cathych
01-15-2008, 08:32 AM
wow, I love Wendys. They make great spicy chicken sandwiches.

Tasha405
01-15-2008, 08:48 AM
I love those jalapeno cheddar melt burgers...YUMMY!!

Sorry yours ran out of potatoes. You would think they would have a huge stock of stuff like that.

ahippiechic
01-15-2008, 08:49 AM
I love those jalapeno cheddar melt burgers...YUMMY!!

Me too! YUM! Now I know what I want for lunch.

hunny
01-15-2008, 09:23 AM
I love the Jalapeno burgers too!!

There always out of potatos at the one i go to.

PrincessArky
01-15-2008, 10:59 AM
I love Wendys but I never thought to try a baked potato that baconator has me hooked lol

tracyb
01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
we always get baked potato there...my little loves them too that is what she eats or atleast tries to finish one...lol...lots of butter,sour cream and chives....now we couldn't have to healthy now could we...lol

cabby92
01-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Lat time I was at Wendy's the ashier took the money from a sweet little old couple in front of us then turned around and made their potatoes herself. Dirty hands and all. I was horrified.

DBackFan
01-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh, well. So much for healthy alternatives!

Never heard a stuffed baked potato as a healthy alternative :rolling

magenta
01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Lat time I was at Wendy's the ashier took the money from a sweet little old couple in front of us then turned around and made their potatoes herself. Dirty hands and all. I was horrified.

Gross!!!

Qtxann315
01-15-2008, 01:20 PM
That is gross, having the cashier without gloves on making the potatos. The wendy's here, all the soda machines are behind the cashier counters, so when we want refills on sodas, they throw away the used cup and gives us a new one. I thought that was such a waste but that's their policy.

JewRican
01-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Yet another reason why I make my own.

squirt661
01-15-2008, 05:27 PM
We have a very clean Wendy's here also, and as far as the baked tater??? When I order one of their high calorie killer delish burgers, I opt for the salad, and a non diet soda, LOL at myself.

madscientist
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
wow, I love Wendys. They make great spicy chicken sandwiches.Love that spicy chicken myself. A baked tater would go GREAT with it. I thought I heard about some other chain w/taters. Anyone know?

Jenefer3
01-21-2008, 09:07 PM
I've never tried the baked potatoes at our Wendy's but I'm kind of boycotting them. Last time we went there, I took a bite of my hamburger and the inside of the meat was pink. When I went up and asked for one that was cooked thoroughly, they told me that they would do it but the pink one wouldn't have harmed me because they're all pre-cooked. (Now here I was thinking that their commercials said it's all fresh, never frozen..and don't you have to freeze pre-cooked meat??) but by the time they made it, my appetite was gone and I haven't bothered going back. If it was pre-cooked, then okay, maybe it would have been fine, but the thought of eating pink hamburger meat just doesn't sit well with me.

madscientist
03-13-2008, 08:01 PM
I've never tried the baked potatoes at our Wendy's but I'm kind of boycotting them. Last time we went there, I took a bite of my hamburger and the inside of the meat was pink. When I went up and asked for one that was cooked thoroughly, they told me that they would do it but the pink one wouldn't have harmed me because they're all pre-cooked. (Now here I was thinking that their commercials said it's all fresh, never frozen..and don't you have to freeze pre-cooked meat??) but by the time they made it, my appetite was gone and I haven't bothered going back. If it was pre-cooked, then okay, maybe it would have been fine, but the thought of eating pink hamburger meat just doesn't sit well with me.Yeah, I'm striking them myself. I e-mailed them but I guess ever since Dave Thomas died nobody in CHQ cares.

galeane29
03-14-2008, 05:48 AM
I am one that will NOT eat at Wendy's. I use to work there years ago and
I know how the food is prepaired and can I say YUCK!
Oh and the meat pattys are delivered every morning fresh and they are NOT
pre-cooked, who ever said that is a MORON!
I was fired by my district manager for complaining about cleanliness and
serving procedures at the very store I worked at.
Yes they do throw an awful amount of cups away its stupid.
The cashier having more than thier duty as a food prepairer is just idiotic.
You dont handle money then turn around and handle food but then again
I used gloves when I did it ( another thing I got in trouble for)

SLance68
03-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Love that spicy chicken myself. A baked tater would go GREAT with it. I thought I heard about some other chain w/taters. Anyone know?

I haven't been there lately but Arby's use to have baked potato's and they were MUCH better than Wendy's.

MDMooch
03-14-2008, 07:45 AM
i went to KFC once, and they were out of chicken. true story.

BigLyd1
03-14-2008, 08:28 AM

:rofl:

You guys are making me hungry. I got food poisoning one time at Wendy's but that was up in Canada and it was decades ago. There's a Wendy's right down the street from me but I haven't been there. Stuffed potatoes sound good.

nightrider127
03-14-2008, 11:01 AM

That happened to us one time too.

Our Wendys tend to run out of the small side salads but they make up for it by giving you the bigger salad for the same price.

magic52
03-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Does anyone have that number to Marlboro that we used some months back for their promotion? I never got my flashlight and I called and told them about it and they said they would send out another which I still have not got. I want to call them again. Thanks

freeby4me
03-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Does anyone have that number to Marlboro that we used some months back for their promotion? I never got my flashlight and I called and told them about it and they said they would send out another which I still have not got. I want to call them again. Thanks

1-800-MARLBORO

Sorry, 1-800-627-5267

cab1277
03-17-2008, 06:27 AM

:stupid: and yet they opened for business. Exactly what were they planning on selling I wonder.

I usually don't get a meal at Wendy's because I don't like their fries. They do have a decent $.99 menu though. I like their crispy chicken sandwiches and junior bacon cheese burgers. I also like their Chicken BLT salad.

herother
03-18-2008, 08:42 PM

This is so funny because it happened to me at a Church's Chicken!

atprm
03-20-2008, 07:03 AM
I went to Wendy's the other day.

the "value" fries ... that used to be 99 cents were the "biggie" fries... NOT ANYMORE!

you get 10 french fries in the "value" fries for 99 cents.

*shock* no more!

ttistin
03-20-2008, 08:50 AM
We don't eat at fast food much anymore. I just can't get over how gross it can be. All the germs on the money and such and then to turn around and touch food that I am supposed to eat. YUCK! I would rather make it at home where I know what is happening with it.

magickay
03-20-2008, 01:15 PM
My co-worker and I will get the sour cream and chives baked potatoes and a cup of chili at Wendy's. We put chili in our baked potatoes...yummy!

lizmolik
03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
I have always had good luck with Wendy's, but I don't have one where I live, so when I go by one, I always have to stop (if I have the money). I love the 99cent menu, I like their baked potato (which I have always gotten a good sized one, and they are super good), salads (which are delicious and better than the McDonald's ones in my opinion), Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers (which I put honey mustard on, mmmmm), I get the 99cent fries with cheese to go on top, chicken nuggets, and things like that, the only problem I have when I go, is what to choose from. I love all the food from there. Definenly better than McDonald's in my opinion. Although I love the sweet tea and Big Mac's from there!

I guess that it is according to the area and to the individual Wendy's that you go to, every chain has it's bad apples!

LunaChick
03-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Noooo! Wendy's is awesome! At least to me, lol. I love their cheeseburgers and frosties. I used to love their spicy chicken but now it's just kinda okay. Their fries are out of this world if they salt them correctly. Sometimes I get fries with no salt and sometimes over salted. Of all the fast food places, Wendy's is my favorite. :)