PDA

View Full Version : Can the same book be published under different titles?

Kyla Kym
01-14-2008, 02:16 AM
The reason I'm asking is because all 3 of these books came out recently. They are all by Terri Irwin. Can they release the same book under different titles? I don't want to end up buying the same book 3 times.

The one they are selling in the states is called "Steve & Me".
http://i9.ebayimg.com/04/c/000/77/43/a459_0.JPG

The one that is being sold in Australia is called "My Steve".
http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/3500144265968080_1.jpg

And this one is being sold in the U.K. It has the cover photo from the Australian one, and the title of the American one.
http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/2901960167188080_1.jpg

ahippiechic
01-14-2008, 05:31 AM
Yes, movies and books sometimes have different names in different countries. Don't know if those are all the same tho.

ladybugva
01-14-2008, 06:16 AM
looks like they may be the same. Some times titles may sell differently in different countries. I could only find Steve and ME on Amazon. I was going to try to compare the summeries of the 2 books and see if they were the same.

ahippiechic
01-14-2008, 06:27 AM
It looks like she only authored 2 books....

The Crocodile Hunter: The Incredible Life and Adventures of Steve and Terri Irwin

and

Steve & Me

PrincessArky
01-14-2008, 09:14 AM
I think they are the same book probably just different titles........hey think I will get a glance of Terri when I am at the zoo in May??? boy wouldnt that be cool :)

Kyla Kym
01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
I think they are the same book probably just different titles........hey think I will get a glance of Terri when I am at the zoo in May??? boy wouldnt that be cool :)

Your so dang lucky! And I'm so freaking jealous! :laugh:
You gonna get me some autographs when your there? :hug <=You do know this hug could turn into a choke hold don't ya?:whistle

Hope y'all have a great time. :dancing:

Thanks everyone for your help. I ordered one from a seller on ebay from Australia. It ended up costing me about what a copy here in the US would cost. So when I get it in, I will let y'all know if it's just like the American version for sure. :)

PrincessArky
01-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Your so dang lucky! And I'm so freaking jealous! :laugh:
You gonna get me some autographs when your there? :hug <=You do know this hug could turn into a choke hold don't ya?:whistle

Hope y'all have a great time. :dancing:

Thanks everyone for your help. I ordered one from a seller on ebay from Australia. It ended up costing me about what a copy here in the US would cost. So when I get it in, I will let y'all know if it's just like the American version for sure. :)

Hey wanna know something funny??? Oz is the only place that I have always just HAD to go to and my friend in school and I planned to go in 1995 NO MATTER WHAT........well she had a kid and I was preggers with my first so this is a very much planned trip and thankfully I am finally getting to go. I just hope this isnt my only trip over there.......hubby hasn't been there in over there in 5 yrs so I know he is excited.........oh yeah if I see anyone at the Zoo that I have ever seen on tv I will get us some autographs :) Hey let me know if there is anything else there ya want me to pick up ASSUMING it is something I can legally bring back through customs lol

Kyla Kym
01-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey wanna know something funny??? Oz is the only place that I have always just HAD to go to and my friend in school and I planned to go in 1995 NO MATTER WHAT........well she had a kid and I was preggers with my first so this is a very much planned trip and thankfully I am finally getting to go. I just hope this isnt my only trip over there.......hubby hasn't been there in over there in 5 yrs so I know he is excited.........oh yeah if I see anyone at the Zoo that I have ever seen on tv I will get us some autographs :) Hey let me know if there is anything else there ya want me to pick up ASSUMING it is something I can legally bring back through customs lol

Well I guess my very own aussie bloke is out of the question since I'm married. :D So how bout just bring back tons of photo's and posting them for all of us to see when you get back. :) I'm so excited for you and your family. When are you going? :)

PrincessArky
01-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Well I guess my very own aussie bloke is out of the question since I'm married. :D So how bout just bring back tons of photo's and posting them for all of us to see when you get back. :) I'm so excited for you and your family. When are you going? :)

oh believe me working on getting a new camera at the moment and I am going to take so many pics that I will be forever getting them printed out lol We leave here on the 23rd of May going to Brisbane first.........then up to the Zoo, then we head to Sydney so we can see all the cool things I have seen on tv for years and wanted to say I was there lol then we go to Steve's family's place in Melbourne where we will be spending most of our time. They have already started making plans.....we are going to drive down the coast, get to the penquin island, the 12 apostles and all sorts of things. I dread the flight with 4 kids lol but I am so looking forward to seeing so many new things.........oh yeah and Melbourne has the largest shopping mall in the Southern Hemisphere that should be fun lol

Kyla Kym
01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
oh believe me working on getting a new camera at the moment and I am going to take so many pics that I will be forever getting them printed out lol We leave here on the 23rd of May going to Brisbane first.........then up to the Zoo, then we head to Sydney so we can see all the cool things I have seen on tv for years and wanted to say I was there lol then we go to Steve's family's place in Melbourne where we will be spending most of our time. They have already started making plans.....we are going to drive down the coast, get to the penquin island, the 12 apostles and all sorts of things. I dread the flight with 4 kids lol but I am so looking forward to seeing so many new things.........oh yeah and Melbourne has the largest shopping mall in the Southern Hemisphere that should be fun lol

That is so awesome! I think Terri said it's a 12 hour flight in one of her interviews. I remember seeing a interview with Steve where he was talking about how he hated that long flight. He said sitting for one movie is ok, but sitting for 5 is a different story. :)

I hope the trip turns out to be better than you could have ever expected for your whole family. :dancing:

I never have gotten around to selling that high dollar camera on eBay yet that we got in on that last load. Are you looking for a kick ass camera for about half the retail? This was a store display. And from the looks of it, it must have been kept in a glass case, because most of the displays have scuffs on them. But this one looks just like it came straight out of the box. They probably kept it in a case because it's such a expensive camera instead of leaving it out for people to handle at Sears. They postponed daddy's surgery until this week. So that's why I haven't listed it yet. I'm planning on listing it next week though. So if your interested just pm me about it. :)

PrincessArky
01-15-2008, 05:30 AM
That is so awesome! I think Terri said it's a 12 hour flight in one of her interviews. I remember seeing a interview with Steve where he was talking about how he hated that long flight. He said sitting for one movie is ok, but sitting for 5 is a different story. :)

I hope the trip turns out to be better than you could have ever expected for your whole family. :dancing:

I never have gotten around to selling that high dollar camera on eBay yet that we got in on that last load. Are you looking for a kick ass camera for about half the retail? This was a store display. And from the looks of it, it must have been kept in a glass case, because most of the displays have scuffs on them. But this one looks just like it came straight out of the box. They probably kept it in a case because it's such a expensive camera instead of leaving it out for people to handle at Sears. They postponed daddy's surgery until this week. So that's why I haven't listed it yet. I'm planning on listing it next week though. So if your interested just pm me about it. :)

I would have to look but I think its more like 14 or 15 one is shorter because of the wind over the water but cant remember which is which lol I am with Steve on that one I am not the type that can sit still very easily either :(

gonna pm ya about the camera :)