PDA

View Full Version : a mothers neglect never ceases to amaze me

DBackFan
01-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I have the most beautiful little 4 1/2 yr old boy with me for awhile. He was suffering from malnutrition and weighed only 29 lbs but has gained 2 lbs already since he has been with me. (3 weeks)

The worst part was this boys teeth. EVERY single tooth that boy had was severely decayed and many broken. I was with him for 4 hours today under general anesthesia so they could extract NINE teeth and do a root canal and aluminum caps on every other tooth in his mouth. I am watching him sleep tonight with all that swelling in his face and I wonder how any Mom could do that to this boy.

He has only 3 teeth left on top and none in the front. Those take a couple years to come in so he will really have a hard time until he gets his permanent teeth.

I am hoping this boy with the sparkling eyes can overome all this, he is precious.

YankeeMary
01-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Thats just too sad. His parents (especially his mother) should be beat or something. Its horrible how people can treat their kids like they are disposable or something. Hopefully he will never be returned to their care. Bless his poor little heart.

janelle
01-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Thank God it's his baby teeth and he will get permanent teeth later. Course, this could affect even those. Hope he gets into a good home.

gmyers
01-11-2008, 01:29 AM
With all he's been through I bet he'll never forget you or the love you're showing him. I wish they'd let foster kids stay with the foster parents they get if they want and love them. I've heard so many sad stories of foster kids moving from place to place so they never get attached to anybody because they know they'll just be moved again. I wish they'd change that about foster care and let them stay with the foster paarents that want and grow to love them. You're doing a really good thing and I hope God blesses you and your family.

PrincessArky
01-11-2008, 04:45 AM
thank you for being there for him obviously you are the first person in his life to care about him

Memedav
01-11-2008, 05:13 AM
How absolutely heart wrenching. That is so sad that someone has been given a precious gift from God and abused the privelege like that. I'm so glad he has someone to care for him right now, thank you for being there for him. It's just so sad that he is so innocent in all this and has had to suffer through so much. Bless his little heart, he will be in my prayers. Hopefully the decay hasn't caused any huge problems for his gums or permanent teeth. Have they put him on antibiotics also?

iluvmybaby
01-11-2008, 07:27 AM
I think child abusers to should be taken out and shot! How sad for this poor boy, 9 teeth and a root canal at 4.5.

hunny
01-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Thank God he has you.
That is just so sad.

pepperpot
01-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Thank God it's his baby teeth and he will get permanent teeth later. Course, this could affect even those. Hope he gets into a good home.

:agree:

Dbackfan, you're a 'good egg'.

DBackFan
01-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I think child abusers to should be taken out and shot! How sad for this poor boy, 9 teeth and a root canal at 4.5.

You misread that. EVERY tooth he had left had to have a root canal and caps. He has 12 teeth left so thats TWELVE root canals and 12 caps too. He only has 3 teeth left on top and 9 on the bottom.

He told me he looks like a monster this morning and I said no way kiddo..he smiled big and said I will be a cute monster ok?

He will be on oatmeal, jello, soup etc for quite awhile but he is such a trooper through this! Hopefully he WILL stay right here with me. I doubt it though..I just lost my other 4 yr old girl after 8 months.

G'maDebbie
01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I have the most beautiful little 4 1/2 yr old boy with me for awhile. He was suffering from malnutrition and weighed only 29 lbs but has gained 2 lbs already since he has been with me. (3 weeks)

The worst part was this boys teeth. EVERY single tooth that boy had was severely decayed and many broken. I was with him for 4 hours today under general anesthesia so they could extract NINE teeth and do a root canal and aluminum caps on every other tooth in his mouth. I am watching him sleep tonight with all that swelling in his face and I wonder how any Mom could do that to this boy.

He has only 3 teeth left on top and none in the front. Those take a couple years to come in so he will really have a hard time until he gets his permanent teeth.

I am hoping this boy with the sparkling eyes can overome all this, he is precious.

DBackFan, all I can say is God Bless YOU! My husband and I applied to be foster parents here in Michigan, we have our first home inspection on the January 28th! I am so excited. We still have 12 hours of classes that we have to take, but that is nothing compared to the hours I will be putting in taking care of children. This is something I have always wanted to do, I hope it is as rewarding as I am told.

earnhardt1
01-11-2008, 09:35 AM
awww tami that is soooo sad what that poor baby is going through,,,,,, you are a true blessing.......

PrincessArky
01-11-2008, 09:40 AM
OMG 12 root canals I cant even imagine

DBackFan
01-11-2008, 10:21 AM
DBackFan, all I can say is God Bless YOU! My husband and I applied to be foster parents here in Michigan, we have our first home inspection on the January 28th! I am so excited. We still have 12 hours of classes that we have to take, but that is nothing compared to the hours I will be putting in taking care of children. This is something I have always wanted to do, I hope it is as rewarding as I am told.

I am soooo glad you are doing this! YES it is rewarding but it also takes its toll on you. I tried to save em all when I first started and realized I am better just 1 or 2 at a time. I am getting to old! LOL

PrincessArky
01-11-2008, 10:24 AM
I am soooo glad you are doing this! YES it is rewarding but it also takes its toll on you. I tried to save em all when I first started and realized I am better just 1 or 2 at a time. I am getting to old! LOL

how many have you had over the years?

DBackFan
01-11-2008, 10:31 AM
how many have you had over the years?

This is going to sound absolutely crazy but I have only been doing this ONE YEAR! For awhile I was doing emergency placements along with my "long term kiddos" so there were times I had as many as 6 in my home for a weekend (that one was all girls..lol). I have had 39 children in my home in the past year, some stayed up to 8 months (I wanted to adopt her) and some stayed 2 days. Believe me there were some I was glad were leaving and others I wanted to just run away with..kind of like this liitle guy..I love him to pieces already.

Now I only take 2 maximum (yah right, I know if they called with a heartwrencher I would take more again) ;)

PrincessArky
01-11-2008, 10:34 AM
This is going to sound absolutely crazy but I have only been doing this ONE YEAR! For awhile I was doing emergency placements along with my "long term kiddos" so there were times I had as many as 6 in my home for a weekend (that one was all girls..lol). I have had 39 children in my home in the past year, some stayed up to 8 months (I wanted to adopt her) and some stayed 2 days. Believe me there were some I was glad were leaving and others I wanted to just run away with..kind of like this liitle guy..I love him to pieces already.

Now I only take 2 maximum (yah right, I know if they called with a heartwrencher I would take more again) ;)

I am just glad there are ppl like you that will take them in. I seem to have gotten hard over time one time kids were always at my house ppl always dropping them off then over the years btw them and my 4 I am actually looking forward to being an empty nester but still have a long way to go lol

tljohn123
01-11-2008, 11:18 AM
You are a wonderful person for being able to do this for all the kids who desperately need it. My cousin does this as well, and she recently lost a little girl (7) that needed more professional help that what she was able to give. Bless you....

cathych
01-11-2008, 05:06 PM
my best friend was a foster mom for a while before she adopted, I remember one baby she took care of had a broke pelvis from being abused & was in a full body cast, talk about diaper change nightmares.............of course, she was given back to her parents.............

Njean31
01-12-2008, 09:17 AM
that is so sad. i really hate abusers of children. you are a blessing:)

Army-Mom
01-12-2008, 09:35 AM
This makes me cry..how can parents do this to their child..bless his little heart..I would take him and love him and spoil him.

DBackFan
01-12-2008, 12:13 PM
He is doing good today and driving me crazy..lol They are doing an open house here soon and I need to mop floors but my back needed a rest.

They do not even have him on antibiotics which I thought was weird. I am having him rinse with warm salt water, he likes it. I just have a hard time with what to feed him. I might get some Pediasure for him. He is living on instant oatmeal, mashed potatoes, soup, applesauce, pudding etc. He is trying scrambled egg right now.

aussiegirl
01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
It's so great that you are there for him. What a blessing, he will always remember you.