PDA

View Full Version : Attention Whores!

Njean31
01-10-2008, 09:30 AM
lol, I thought that title might get some attention lol.

i just want to bitch and moan about attention whores and people who are so self important in their mind for a minute. they bug the pure piss out of me. for example, people who have like 300 friends on myspace. you know you don't know that many damn people unless you are a celebrity or something. come on now. and too, people who make up shit to get attention and then some how weasel their way out of later like with health issues and such. there is a girl, well several of them at the jail but one in particular....she is always faking seizures. all of us nurses have to run down there, assess her, chart on her, they have to lock back everyone in the pod.........she does it all for attention. she is not really having seizures. why do people love this sort of attention? it drives me nuts.

hunny
01-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Drives me nuts too. Maybe there parents never gave them attention as children.
My bf is like this, He wants all my attention all the time, and if he doesnt get it he whines like a little baby!

dv8grl
01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe there parents never gave them attention as children.

That is it EXACTLY!!!
Whats bizarre is those people who crave attention, most likely would get more attention if they didn't crave it all the time.
Very Shallow People!

galeane29
01-10-2008, 10:37 AM
OMG I use to know someone who faked siezures. I actually saw her do it and was like WTF? You could tell she faked it.

lol, I thought that title might get some attention lol.

i just want to bitch and moan about attention whores and people who are so self important in their mind for a minute. they bug the pure piss out of me. for example, people who have like 300 friends on myspace. you know you don't know that many damn people unless you are a celebrity or something. come on now. and too, people who make up shit to get attention and then some how weasel their way out of later like with health issues and such. there is a girl, well several of them at the jail but one in particular....she is always faking seizures. all of us nurses have to run down there, assess her, chart on her, they have to lock back everyone in the pod.........she does it all for attention. she is not really having seizures. why do people love this sort of attention? it drives me nuts.

hunny
01-10-2008, 10:39 AM
I knew a girl that faked pregnancies all the time. She would have a misscariage every couple months.
These people need help! LOL

Njean31
01-10-2008, 10:46 AM
I knew a girl that faked pregnancies all the time. She would have a misscariage every couple months.

that's pathetic. i guess we should feel sorry for people like this but it is very aggravating because it forces you to "lie" as well knowing they are full of it, ya know what i mean? it forces you to play into their shit. otherwise, you would have to call them out and for the life of me, i don't know why i don't...but i don't. too much more of it though and i'm going to have to start.

Bliss
01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't play into the dumb shyt people do or make up to gain attention.

Pretending to have a seizure to gain attention has got to be the dumbest thing. These types of people who play around will be ignored when something really does happen. Those who make up crazy stories are dumb as hell. While in the process of making up stories they should think them through a bit, they will always oust themselves.

dv8grl
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I don't play into the dumb shyt people do or make up to gain attention.

I don't either.
Luckily I have no attention whores that I have to deal with on a daily basis / IRL ...just the ones on here! :rolling :doh

Beso
01-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I thought I was the only one, that hated these type of people. They seem to come out of the woodwork when I am having a bad day.

lizmolik
01-10-2008, 01:19 PM

LOL...that happened a lot at my school! I had one friend in particular, everytime she had a boyfriend, she would supposedly be prego with his baby (rolls eyes)!

squirt661
01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
I guess it's kinda like that Chicken Little story with the sky is falling LOL. Sooner or later as dumb as they think people are, they have no idea most of us are not dumb. So let them all get their 15 minutes of fame, and that too shall pass LOL.

buttrfli
01-10-2008, 05:56 PM
and too, people who make up shit to get attention and then some how weasel their way out of later like with health issues and such.

you must be a fly on my wall... I just got done bitchin about this very thing!

Its an especially easy thing to on a forum like this... since no one knows you personally, you can say and do whatever you want. the people that support an attention seeker now, will be scratching their heads saying "WTF" in a few months. I don't understand how some people can't see the blatantly obvious lies that some people tell.

vicky122
01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Lol I was thinking the same thing about a couple of post on here. At work I deal with kids and very little adults.

Memedav
01-10-2008, 06:04 PM
OMG, I hate this too. I take Greta to school each day and then pick her back up in the afternoons. So we have a little group of regular moms and there is one who always has to "one up" everybody else. She actually had a hysterectomy last school year.........miraculously she just gave birth to a boy. Did I mention that they had to cut her from her fully from hip to hip and it took almost 500 staples to close her up? LMBO!

buttrfli
01-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Lol I was thinking the same thing about a couple of post on here.

Just a couple?? LOL

ilovecats
01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I don't either.
Luckily I have no attention whores that I have to deal with on a daily basis / IRL ...just the ones on here! :rolling :doh

Me too.:rofl:

JKATHERINE
01-10-2008, 06:44 PM

I've seen this on online forums before. It's sad because people fall for it...hard...they give card showers, etc. and half don't even know they're being tricked....until the person is caught in another lie later down the road.

vicky122
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I've seen this on online forums before. It's sad because people fall for it...hard...they give card showers, etc. and half don't even know they're being tricked....until the person is caught in another lie later down the road.

Sad isn't it.

heartlvrs
01-10-2008, 07:18 PM
there are some on bbs for sure!!!
:)

earnhardt1
01-10-2008, 07:22 PM

thats sick........we have tried getting Preg. for the last 7 years and with my endo it was very hard.... i cant imagine why someone would fake something as special as a pregancy.......

iluvmybaby
01-10-2008, 08:29 PM

DANG that is mental illness, not being an attention whore

Njean31
01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
well, i'm glad to see i'm not the only one this drives batty. i gotta work tomorrow........i'm sure i'll be attending to seizure faking girl. we are not actually allowed to chart "faking seizure" but only "responding to ammonia" "alert" etc....EVERY DAMN TIME. i get so sick of her. i'm putting her on a liquid diet for a day or 2 "just in case she pukes" if she does it tomorrow.

ladybugva
01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
I had a friend who I always felt was like "I'll meet you and raise you" No matter your problmes hers were always worse.

After a while we didn't comment and she quit mostly.

Heidi
01-10-2008, 10:08 PM
We have a compulsive liar in my class. She is from "Lousiana and her family lost their entire home in Katrina". Then the next week she is "from California and she can't wait to go back there." Then she bought a home in Georgia and they are moving next month. Then she bought a home here and she's moving this weekend. Then she is 19 and has had two kids but doesn't have either of them but does have her niece. She tells so many different stories that she can't even keep up with them and we have started calling her out on them and it is so funny to see her stumble over what she's going to say.

PrincessArky
01-11-2008, 05:03 AM
I only ever "knew" one that was presonally like that IRL and I cut her out of my life so dont have anyone like that anymore

MsLynn
01-11-2008, 06:53 PM

when i first joined this board, we had a girl on here who would go from being pregnant, to her boyfriend beating her up, to a miscarriage, to being pregnant again. etc .... over and over and over. do they not realize we do sometimes remember or can search that what they've posted in the past. grrrrr people like that drive me nuts...

and then when people seem to forget all the crap they've pulled and then just act like they are the most wonderful person in the world.

babydoll_jen
01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
you must be a fly on my wall... I just got done bitchin about this very thing!

Its an especially easy thing to on a forum like this... since no one knows you personally, you can say and do whatever you want. the people that support an attention seeker now, will be scratching their heads saying "WTF" in a few months. I don't understand how some people can't see the blatantly obvious lies that some people tell.

I was reading through a couple of posts and then came across this one and thought to myself "boy, I am glad I'm not the only one who can read between the lines".

I don't post too often, but if I see something that makes me question someones earlier post, I will call them out on it. Not to stir up trouble, just to see what their excuse is this time.