PDA

View Full Version : mom in surgery

gravittr
01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
my mom is having knee surgery today. i got up with my kids at 5.40am to go 25 miles away to pick up my mom to take her to the hospital at 7 am. when i called at 11 am my time the said she was out yet. why do the make them so early if the are not going to start them to early. i had to come back to my hometown to put my kids in school. then this morning on the way to the hosptil she tells me tonight i have yo go get her dog and take her to my house. i have a cat in house and a male dog outside. what am i suppose to do with a female dog in the house. my kids leave friday night to go back to thier dads every other week. i have enough to do when thier gone with work and everything else. but she thinks my daughter will yake care of her dog. why cant my brother do anything. i take her to the laundry mat do her laundry. take off her trash(she doesnt have trash pick up. since i pay for mine i take hers so she doesnt have to worry.)why cant the poeple across the street from her in the country check in on the dog. am i being unreasonable on this one.

hunny
01-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Hope her surgery went well.
I used to complain all the time about how much i had to do for my mom, I freakin hated it.
When she died in 2002 i had so many regrets, Now i wouldnt mind doing any or all of that for the rest of my life, just to see her once more. Just remember theres nothing better in life then family and help them whenever you can.

Army-Mom
01-10-2008, 09:32 AM
sending hugs.

gravittr
01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
the sugery went well. me and the kids have been there every day so far. the brought me in a plate today to eat with her too. a friend of hers and son has been going in to see her to then they asked me when i was leaving if there was a reason why i was there so much did she needed someone with her at all times. i said no. but its my mother kids are in school my day off from work where else should i be. i work in a nursing home 3/4 of those people never see family at all any time. one guy died had 12 kids no one he had children. but my mom is suppose to be there up to 20 days. for therapy and such. so i guess they will get tired of seeing me.