PDA

View Full Version : Why cant they build a fence that keeps them in?

PrincessArky
01-08-2008, 06:02 AM
First I hate my neighbors seeing as they killed many dogs in our community a few years ago including 2 of mine :( They said all the dogs were after their goats and then later admitted that at least one of mine was NEVER even seen in the pasture...........AND they even killed one dog that belonged to a little girl which was her seisure dog and could tell when one was coming on so she was much needed. They told the family that someone hit it and they took it away to spare the girl but I told them the truth and the mother said no wonder we saw so much blood in OUR back yard. well they dont have goats anymore because well they couldnt keep them in (keep in mind that their stupid goats came into my yard and ate everything up as well) so now they have cows and every freaking night there is at least one of them in my yard my dog who is a very protective dog just ran one off and I went out there and saw that yeah it is their cow yet again. I am so sick of them getting in and eating my trees in the spring and my veggie garden but yet complaint after complaint and they are still coming over :(

galeane29
01-08-2008, 06:27 AM
I hate when people dont keep their animals in thier own yards.
I live in the country but do have a few neighbors within a couple of acres.
I do not leash my dogs ( i have 3 itty bitties) but I take them out when they need to and they come when I call them. Meanwhile, our neighbors have dogs they dont chain up or keep in their houses and they just run the neighborhood, they say ..." they will come home when they get hungry". WTH? Why have an animal if you arent going to keep an eye on them and make sure they are healthy and unharmed? We have also experienced people
just dropping off their " unwanted" dogs on our road. That to me is sooo sad. I dont dare call the law because they will just pick up the dogs and have them put down anyway. I have fed some of them and even given baths , they come around still sometimes. Someone is taking care of them. To me , my furbabies are an extention of my family, they are my hairy kids :)

PrincessArky
01-08-2008, 06:32 AM
I hate when people dont keep their animals in thier own yards.
I live in the country but do have a few neighbors within a couple of acres.
I do not leash my dogs ( i have 3 itty bitties) but I take them out when they need to and they come when I call them. Meanwhile, our neighbors have dogs they dont chain up or keep in their houses and they just run the neighborhood, they say ..." they will come home when they get hungry". WTH? Why have an animal if you arent going to keep an eye on them and make sure they are healthy and unharmed? We have also experienced people
just dropping off their " unwanted" dogs on our road. That to me is sooo sad. I dont dare call the law because they will just pick up the dogs and have them put down anyway. I have fed some of them and even given baths , they come around still sometimes. Someone is taking care of them. To me , my furbabies are an extention of my family, they are my hairy kids :)

we had some years and years ago that we used to feed turned out badly for us the 2 dogs came up in our yard when we werent here and literally rip out dog apart :( showed the pix to that neighbor and he shot his dogs on the spot

buttrfli
01-08-2008, 06:35 AM
shoot it and take it to the butcher... how often does dinner come to graze in your yard? :D

PrincessArky
01-08-2008, 06:39 AM
shoot it and take it to the butcher... how often does dinner come to graze in your yard? :D

oh dont I wish lol

Willow
01-08-2008, 07:09 AM

That's funny. :rofl:

I'm sorry they don't keep their cows in their own yard.

tammy77
01-08-2008, 07:26 AM

Lol I was thinking the same thing.Maybe they would get the hint after half a dozen cows come up missing.Maybe you should call the police and see what can be done.They just might tell you to shoot them...lol.

ssgjeg
01-08-2008, 07:30 AM
:eating: T-bone; Ribeye; New york Strip. We're having steak tonight.

Seriously, the next time it is in your yard don't let your dog run it off. Call animal control. Keep complaining and maybe something will finally get done for you.

LuvBigRip
01-08-2008, 07:40 AM
I would so be having cow for dinner the next few months. Have a BBQ, invite the rest of the neighbors over. Send the evil neighbors a thank you card telling them "Bossie" was nummy.

ahippiechic
01-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I would so be having cow for dinner the next few months. Have a BBQ, invite the rest of the neighbors over. Send the evil neighbors a thank you card telling them "Bossie" was nummy.

I would sooo do that! :D

PrincessArky
01-08-2008, 08:07 AM
:eating: T-bone; Ribeye; New york Strip. We're having steak tonight.

Seriously, the next time it is in your yard don't let your dog run it off. Call animal control. Keep complaining and maybe something will finally get done for you.

we have no such thing as animal control here :( We finally do have Humane Society and ours really is crappy

christianw27
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I would definitely be having steak for dinner....

tigger4
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Can the sherriff do something for you? I would take them to court for destruction of property.

Or I would advertise free cows on Craigslist. They are in your yard unaccompanied by a owner. Possession is 9/10 of the law, right?

buttrfli
01-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Or I would advertise free cows on Craigslist. They are in your yard unaccompanied by a owner. Possession is 9/10 of the law, right?

oohhh good one!

Shann
01-08-2008, 12:41 PM

:rofl: that's just too funny, you all have made me laugh. How sad that they kill your animals when they're on (or prob close) to their property, but they allow their cows to roam wherever. I think I would call them and let them know the next time I find a cow on my property, it's mine and seriously see if you can find someone to take it b/c I couldn't kill it. They obviously didn't show you or the other neighbors any respect why show them?

PrincessArky
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Can the sherriff do something for you? I would take them to court for destruction of property.

well taking them to court would be hard to do cause I cant really put a price on my yard I guess :( Gonna try calling the Sherriff's office and see what they can do. I do know that if one gets out and hit by a car or something and they arent insured they are in deep crap. My mom called me today to tell me one of our cows was out........I was like HELLO not ours of course from across the street again. She saw it at about 1am so apparently the stupid thing was here all night

Just got off the phone with the Sherriff and they are required by law to keep them out of my yard so I am gonna try talking with them one more time and if they dont fix the fence then I will be having the Sherriff's office come out to talk with them personally. I actually told him that my dog went after the cow pretty aggressively and I dont want him to get in trouble for protecting my yard for their cows.....I was told that we would not be so thats good to know :)

tigger4
01-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Good I hope the sherriff comes out and reads them the riot act. Maybe that will work.

Kyla Kym
01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
You know that if that cow got in the road and someone hit it, they could sue the owner. Around here when a cow gets hit by a car no one wants to claim the cow. :) Have you got a old rig you could run over it with? :laugh: I would pay all the butchering and packing cost if you gave me half the meat. ;)

PrincessArky
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
You know that if that cow got in the road and someone hit it, they could sue the owner. Around here when a cow gets hit by a car no one wants to claim the cow. :) Have you got a old rig you could run over it with? :laugh: I would pay all the butchering and packing cost if you gave me half the meat. ;)

you know I bet we could with the old chev maybe have ya come over one night since thats when she seems to like to walk through my yard and just take her out lol Hey did I ever tell you that I hit a cow once actually???? Did almost $3k worth of damage and the cow got up and ran back into the pasture lol We knew the guy and his insurance took care of it no problem but even stranger was that my mom had hit one of his cows with the same car just a week before (very little damage that time)

bpl76
01-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Here there is a lot of so called "open range". Heaven forbid you hit any livestock running in the road. It is suddenly the ranchers "prize" bull or cow and costs the driver oodles of $ to pay for hitting it as well as having to pay for the damage to their vehicle themselves.

YankeeMary
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Can't you just tie a rope around its neck and tie it to a tree, feed and water it until they show up to say "hey thats my cow". Then you can either say prove it or hand them a bill for taking care of it for how ever many days. Of course, he will refuse to pay you then you can take him to small claim court (possibly Judge Judy, shes mean). I would be so aggravated with these idiots. I wish you luck.

IthinkNOT!
01-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Did someone say steak?? LOL

Do you have a local freecycle? Post it on there!

Kyla Kym
01-10-2008, 03:14 PM
you know I bet we could with the old chev maybe have ya come over one night since thats when she seems to like to walk through my yard and just take her out lol Hey did I ever tell you that I hit a cow once actually???? Did almost $3k worth of damage and the cow got up and ran back into the pasture lol We knew the guy and his insurance took care of it no problem but even stranger was that my mom had hit one of his cows with the same car just a week before (very little damage that time)

That's awful! I'm glad you didn't get hurt. I know there is one man here where I live at that never claims his cows when they get hit. He must not have insurance or something. I know they use to joke about it at the store how it was just a feral cow running out in the road. :D

Seriously though, if you get brave enough to kill it. The offer still stands. I would love to have a freezer full of fresh beef! :)

xsweetestx
01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Lets all meet at her home and have a BBF Picinic on her neighbors...Wouldnt they S--- seeing us all there after there cow....Maybe then they will take care of them...GL Hon

flute
01-10-2008, 10:37 PM
fresh beef is the best. I look forward to oct/nov /dec every year when I get Zada's leftovers from his 1/2 cow he gets from cousin!!

PrincessArky
01-11-2008, 05:00 AM
well with all us I bet we can over power that girl and he looks to be less than a year bet she would be some good eatin :)

myspirit
01-11-2008, 05:29 AM
Here where I live in Arkansas, you can legally shot an animal if it is destroying your property. We use to have the same problem, until my hubby showed me how to use his "arsenal". Funny thing the problems stopped.

PrincessArky
01-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Here where I live in Arkansas, you can legally shot an animal if it is destroying your property. We use to have the same problem, until my hubby showed me how to use his "arsenal". Funny thing the problems stopped.

I wonder might be the same here didnt think to ask about actually killing the cows lol I know they can legally shoot my dog if he goes in their yard so should be the same for their cows

Kyla Kym
01-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I wonder might be the same here didnt think to ask about actually killing the cows lol I know they can legally shoot my dog if he goes in their yard so should be the same for their cows

I'm in pike county, and the last time I called the cops about a stray hunting dog that wouldn't leave. They told me to shoot it. :stunned I guess our county doesn't have animal control yet. I know howard county dose now. My friend had a skunk get in her house the other day. She lives in Dierks and they sent someone to her house to get it out from Nashville. Does your county have animal control princess?

PrincessArky
01-12-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm in pike county, and the last time I called the cops about a stray hunting dog that wouldn't leave. They told me to shoot it. :stunned I guess our county doesn't have animal control yet. I know howard county dose now. My friend had a skunk get in her house the other day. She lives in Dierks and they sent someone to her house to get it out from Nashville. Does your county have animal control princess?

nope our county has nothing isnt that shocking lol I guess something we have to do w/out for living in the middle of nowhere huh? Well I havent seen her over here the past few nights maybe Spaz freaked her out enough that she doesnt want to come over and play.......either that or she is just waiting on the grass to grow lol

Kyla Kym
01-12-2008, 03:02 PM
nope our county has nothing isnt that shocking lol I guess something we have to do w/out for living in the middle of nowhere huh? Well I havent seen her over here the past few nights maybe Spaz freaked her out enough that she doesnt want to come over and play.......either that or she is just waiting on the grass to grow lol

I know what you mean. I get so sick of being behind on everything out here. Just like we can't get DSL or cell phone reception out here. Probably never will either. Shoot where I live they still don't have cable tv, sewer systems, water systems, or natural gas yet. Guess I better stop griping or they will put me back on a party line again. I guess they think that should tide us over for another 2 or 3 decades. :laugh:

You know we just got private phone lines out here maybe 8 years ago now. And trash pickup is still fairly new for us. Remember when everyone use to go down dirt roads and throw their trash away?

LOL Good Spaz! He's a great watch dog! :)

PrincessArky
01-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I know what you mean. I get so sick of being behind on everything out here. Just like we can't get DSL or cell phone reception out here. Probably never will either. Shoot where I live they still don't have cable tv, sewer systems, water systems, or natural gas yet. Guess I better stop griping or they will put me back on a party line again. I guess they think that should tide us over for another 2 or 3 decades. :laugh:

You know we just got private phone lines out here maybe 8 years ago now. And trash pickup is still fairly new for us. Remember when everyone use to go down dirt roads and throw their trash away?

LOL Good Spaz! He's a great watch dog! :)

You have trash pick up well you lucky girl we dont have that yet lol I do finally get a cell signal here BUT only with att NOT alltel and I want dsl vs this darn hughes net anyway we pay a fortune for what we get

Yep Spazy is my baby and he dont like ppl or cows in his yard lol