PDA

View Full Version : Son says I'm Emo er EVIL

kidzpca
01-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Add stories if your kids think this too...

Here is my side of the story:

My 13 year old says that I "am Emo er EVIL" his words not mine. LOL

He's mad at me because I banned him from making and recieving phone calls until January 23rd for making crank calls.:rules

I recently changed my phone from one to the other and checked the redial caller ID when I noticed before 2 calls was *67 (private caller on caller ID)which I know is used to block the calling number to those whom he was prank calling.

One number was recognized as a LONG DISTANCE number to a friend of my 16yo daughter whom had moved away 7 months ago. I had dot call the friend and she indicated that she had "private caller" on her cell many times over the past several months and each time it was a male voice crank calling. The friends' mother varified this too.

Then I recognized the second number as a number to an old girlfriend of my 13yo son. I called her and she indicated that she had recieved a few calls over the last few days and each call was a male crank calling.

But son had a friend whom was visiting try and say that dot had made the calls just moments before I noticed but I currently had both phones in my possession for over an hour and dot had been in her room for over and hour and a half. TRUMPED AGAIN!:getyou

I apologized to the girls and did the phone banning. But not before telling son that the more crank or legitimately calls these girls the MORE he LIKES them. He just about hurled. :puke:

dixiechicken
01-06-2008, 04:18 PM
LMAO! I used to prank call with my friends all the time when I was younger! :D I know its bad but my friend was sooo good at it and I almost peed my pants everytime. There was a guy with the last name Kitchenmaster and we thought it was funny to call him all the time.

Ha ha....we NEVER called long distance though!!!

kidzpca
01-06-2008, 04:23 PM

This is why he was 'banned' from making and recieving calls for 3 weeks when I found out.

Kelsey1224
01-06-2008, 04:47 PM
I think your punishment is fair and fits the crime. He'll survive.

Willow
01-06-2008, 05:00 PM
LMAO! I used to prank call with my friends all the time when I was younger! :D I know its bad but my friend was sooo good at it and I almost peed my pants everytime. There was a guy with the last name Kitchenmaster and we thought it was funny to call him all the time.

I had a group of friends that used to come over and we would do this. The bad part about it is that I was in my 20's when we used to do this. It was very juvenille but we were bored. LOL I didn't actually do the calling because I would have ended up laughing. This one guy named Jim used to do most of it. He was really good at it. His father was a cop. I wouldn't expect him to do things like that knowing his father was a cop. LOL One night he called a number and got some guy on the phone and he pretended to be an old friend from school. He had the guy on the phone for about 10 minutes. :rofl: One other time he called Dominoes and had five pizzas delivered to the guys that lived on the first floor.

flute
01-06-2008, 06:14 PM
My daughter often tells us we're the worst parents in the world (she's 6 years old) and then I tell h er we'll go shopping for a new mommy & daddy in the morning. Usually she says she doesn't want to do that LOL!!

YankeeMary
01-06-2008, 08:47 PM
When I was much much younger (still in highschool) we use to make prank calls. My fav was calling the bowling alley and asking the guy that answered the phone if he had 10 pound balls?, he would say yes, I would then say well then how in the hell do you walk?...LOL...oh my thats is horrible and awful yet so funny.
Kidzpca thanks for jogging a memory.

YankeeMary
01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh wanted to add, tell your son if he thinks you are EMO then he would think I am Charles Manson...lol. I would have cancel phone service, not for prank calling but for lying about it to me. Lying will get you in seriously deep trouble in my house.

ahippiechic
01-06-2008, 08:50 PM
When I was much much younger (still in highschool) we use to make prank calls. My fav was calling the bowling alley and asking the guy that answered the phone if he had 10 pound balls?, he would say yes, I would then say well then how in the hell do you walk?...LOL...oh my thats is horrible and awful yet so funny.

I used to do that one too! :D

YankeeMary
01-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I used to do that one too! :D

Honestly wasn't that the best one??? LOL. I sit her chuckling just remembering...haha.

PrincessArky
01-06-2008, 09:57 PM

OMG Mary I am just so shocked at you lol We did do the prank calls to the stores you know like the Prince Albert in a can lol

YankeeMary
01-06-2008, 11:44 PM
OMG Mary I am just so shocked at you lol We did do the prank calls to the stores you know like the Prince Albert in a can lol

I know its horrible but hey we were kids, but truthfully I would do it again...hehe. We thought saying hell was the cool thing to do...haha. We were such dorks...lol.

myspirit
01-07-2008, 04:51 AM
OMG. How can you be so mean? LOL You're horrible, gonna scar that poor child for life.;)

kidzpca
01-09-2008, 04:21 PM
OMG. How can you be so mean? LOL You're horrible, gonna scar that poor child for life.;)

Yep. Cut off his means of communication. I'm such a bad, bad parent. Somebody spank me. JK.

But surprizingly we have had a week of sure bliss (quiet). Maybe I should have done this eons ago. jk. Kinda.

wobblypops
01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
:lol This thread brings back so many fun prank call memories for me. I never did the 10 pound ball one but one of the ones I use to do was to call a grocery store & get the meat dept. on the phone. I would ask them if they had pig's feet & when they would say yes, I would ask them where do you buy your shoes!!!!!

Another one I did & I was very good at this one. I would call up a number & pretend to be a little girl crying, asking if my mommy was there. I would lead them on for a while by telling them that I was hungry & I haven't seen my mommy since the day before. They would finally get me to give them my home address & I would give them a girl's address that lived a block away from me that I didn't like very much. I would then run down & sit on the curb & wait for the police to show up looking for this little girl..
Yes, that was very mean & nasty but hey, it was in the 70's and I was very young! :lol Plus there was no caller ID so I never got caught!