PDA

View Full Version : UGH..its just my shoulder..AGAIN

DBackFan
01-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I had surgery the day before Thanksgiving and it has just never healed right and I built up to much scar tissue. I cannot lift my arm very high and it is all locked up. It has gotten so bad they want to do a "shoulder manipulation" now. :( I am going under general anesthesia again (yuck) and they are going to force my arm to move all directions and break away the scar tissue. Sounds like a big owie again to me. :(

SLance68
01-06-2008, 03:30 PM
OMG that sounds horrible. I hope it works for you and you are able to get some mobility.

earnhardt1
01-06-2008, 03:45 PM
wow tami hope you feel better soon....

Army-Mom
01-06-2008, 03:45 PM
sending healing prayers

lizmolik
01-06-2008, 03:48 PM
:hug on man, that sounds like it is going to be painful, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope after you have that done that you will be able to move better, and it wont hurt anymore! :hug

Beso
01-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. I wish a fast recovery for you.

buglebe
01-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Tami, after this surgery, take those pain pills and force yourself to move your shoulder in all directions no matter how bad it hurts to keep it from freezing up again. That was what the dr told me after I had rotato cuff surgery. I also went to therapy. Did they send you to therapy. You have to move it or it will freeze up so eat those pain pills like candy and do it.

DBackFan
01-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Tami, after this surgery, take those pain pills and force yourself to move your shoulder in all directions no matter how bad it hurts to keep it from freezing up again. That was what the dr told me after I had rotato cuff surgery. I also went to therapy. Did they send you to therapy. You have to move it or it will freeze up so eat those pain pills like candy and do it.

My problem is all narcotic pain killers make me sick. I have tried everything even Ultram which is a non narcotic one. I have to do it on Tylenol or Ibuprofen alone...even my back surgeries. Dr says it will be easy to move an no more pain when I do the stretching than I have now so I am praying he is right. I know I have to move it.

Yes I have PT but my insurance ran out before the end of the year so I only got 4 in Dec and it wasn't enough. Tried to get my isurance to give me a few more but NOOOOOO they would rather pay for another anesthetic procedure. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes.

YankeeMary
01-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I had that done several years ago Tami and it is not as bad as the pain you are in now. I had manipulation done while I was awake. I cried and screamed and yelled but the next day my shoulder felt wonderful compared to what I was going through it. Being "knocked out" should be a breeze for you. I wish you much luck.

PrincessArky
01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
oh girl I know it has to be scary doing it all over again but hopefully it will make you feel better in the long run

crystalbug
01-06-2008, 10:19 PM
i hope you go through this okay, my daughter had rotator cuff surgery in June and she has been doing factory work ,she had to put her arms up over her head on one line and now she is having problems with her shoulder again, she has to go to the surgeon tomorrow, were hoping its just bursitis but it feels like it did before surgery, so were kinda in the same boat, Im hoping she doesnt have to have another surgery.

Aloha from paradise
01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Tami, I'm sorry you are having problems. That really sucks that you can't take pain pills. I hope it loosens up and you are pain free soon. Take care:hug

DBackFan
01-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Mary! You had me feeling less stressed about having this done ....right up to talking to my physical therapist today. She said "remember when I was tugging your arm last week and I made you cry?" I said yes...why? She said "thats how you are going to feel for a FEW DAYS even with your arm at rest". Now I am just sick.

I am very grateful for the well wishes but I am just scared. I think I have run myself down anyway and that never helps with healing. I am even thinking about stopping with my fostering for awhile.

BigLyd1
01-07-2008, 10:52 PM
I just think it's too bad that the insurance would rather you have the surgery than more physical therapy. I know the PT hurts but for me it helped in the long run with the scar tissue. But then again mine wasn't shoulder surgery. And I know what you mean about pain meds. I could only take one kind and couldn't take it for long.

Hope things work out for the better and that you're feeling better soon!

azwup05
01-08-2008, 05:18 PM
You have me nervous. I was able to work out dealing with my back issues, but for the last few months my shoulder and albow keep giving me fits. I keep trying to ride it out.:rofl:

DBackFan
01-16-2008, 08:32 PM
whelp.......its getting close now. I can't believe I am having something so barbaric done to me. The surgery center just called and told me something I didn;t know...she said not to let it freak me out when I move my arm and feel or hear CRUNCHING after they tear the scar tissue. I am just sick..lol Say a loittle prayer ok? I have it done Friday morning.

YankeeMary
01-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Mary! You had me feeling less stressed about having this done ....right up to talking to my physical therapist today. She said "remember when I was tugging your arm last week and I made you cry?" I said yes...why? She said "thats how you are going to feel for a FEW DAYS even with your arm at rest". Now I am just sick.

I am very grateful for the well wishes but I am just scared. I think I have run myself down anyway and that never helps with healing. I am even thinking about stopping with my fostering for awhile.

If I were you I would quit talking to my PT...lol. Truly I think it'll be easier then you think. I won't lie it will hurt but it won't be as bad as before. You will get pain meds, USE THEM. Take one every 4 hours, do NOT allow the pain to take over keep on top of it. You are a Mom, you can do this. And seriously stay away from that PT. Just keep telling yourself, I can do this, I am tough. I will keep you in my prayers. HUGS!!!