PDA

View Full Version : Hi! How is everyone doing?

Kyla Kym
01-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm so happy to be back! I don't know if anyone noticed that I was gone or not. But I got to tell ya, I missed you guys something awful! :dancing:

My satellite internet modem was struck by lighting. It even came through me. I was on the forum at the time it happened. I was reading and I heard a loud pop behind me, and felt electricity run through my bad knee. It was really weird and my bad knee has been giving me fits ever since. I've been about to pull my hair out trying to get this fixed. And finally today I'm back online! :D

I feel like I missed Christmas with my family or something. Did everyone have a good Christmas and New Years on here? Hope everyone did, and I hope everyone is doing well.

I can't type to much because clumsy me cut my index finger to the bone on Monday when I was trying to carve up a ham. I've never cut myself to the bone before that, and it was so gross & scary!

I'm happy to be back, I sure missed you guys. :)

We had a great Christmas! My son proposed to his gf and she said yes! Best part is I think she is a great girl, and we are so happy that she will be his wife. :D

So how is everyone doing? :)

Shann
01-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Kyla!!! of course we missed you {{{{{bigbighugs}}}}} so glad you are back, sounds like you've been through a lot. Sounds like you had a wonderful christmas, congrats to you and your son and soon to be dil :D sorry to hear about the ouchie, I tried to take off my thumb as well, but thankfully it's closed up and on it's way to healing. It's great that you are back, hope your knee is better, there have been times when I've shocked myself on something and it throbbed for a long time (like my poor thumb)

mirage7000
01-05-2008, 05:13 AM
:dancing: So very happy to see that you are back! Sorry to hear that you were injured though. Prayers and hugs sent! Congrats to your son! That is such a bonus that you all get along. Belated Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year Kyla and family!:hug

PrincessArky
01-05-2008, 05:34 AM
girl are you nuts??? everyone missed you and I did give them the message about your modem like you asked but then we all just patiently waited for ya to come back and boy are we glad you are back

freeby4me
01-05-2008, 06:16 AM
So glad to see you're back!!! Happy New Year!!!

Army-Mom
01-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Glad you are back online.

Willow
01-05-2008, 06:25 AM
I was just thinking about you this morning. I was going to post and see if anyone had heard from you. I must have missed the post that PrincessArky made. Sorry to hear about your finger. :(

magenta
01-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Welcome back!

sheila_361
01-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Welcome Back Kyla! You were missed by all. Glad to hear your holidays were good, and Congrats to your son. :hug

DBackFan
01-05-2008, 08:40 AM
YES we missed you and very glad you are back!! There is a whole thread about you here somewhere..lol

BeanieLuvR
01-05-2008, 08:57 AM
You were missed like crazy!! I am so glad you are back and ok. That must have been scary. Congrats on your son's engagement. It is great that you like the girl. A very big welcome back! :hug

buglebe
01-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Yes Kyla, you were missed, someone did post what the problem was though.
I am so happy for you for your new daughter in law, sounds like you are getting a good one and she will be like a new daughter to you. Cut thumbs will grow back but I'm sorry about the knee. Too bad the shock treatment to it didn't do it good instead of make it worse.
Yes we had a nice Christmas around here. Hubby and I bought ourselves several expensive presents too. LOL the kids got less from us.
We have a Wii and a treadmill for ourselves now.
Glad you are back.

Kyla Kym
01-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back! :dancing: :hugs

Shan sorry to hear you cut your thumb off. I hope it's doing better now. :hug I think I will be doing more reading on bbs than typing this week. Everytime I try to type anything, I keep trying to put my middle finger on the home keys where my index goes so I'm doing more back spacing than typing. :laugh:

I'm so happy to hear everyone had a wonderful Christmas! :dancing:

I'll be typing more soon as my finger gets better. I'm looking so foward to chatting with you all on here. :itsme:
Luv you guys! :hug

Big Ears
01-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Welcome back :)

YankeeMary
01-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Its a good thing you posted I was just fueling the jet to come check on you. Saved me gas money for sure. So glad you are back. Never leave like that again. So glad you are back. I can't believe you are getting a daughter, how exciting it must be for you all. You will have to post pics once your finger is healed. I think we are gonna have to take all sharp objects from you and Shann.

erinma
01-05-2008, 04:30 PM
glad you're back and had a great holidays. hope your index finger gets better soon.

Kyla Kym
01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Its a good thing you posted I was just fueling the jet to come check on you. Saved me gas money for sure. So glad you are back. Never leave like that again. So glad you are back. I can't believe you are getting a daughter, how exciting it must be for you all. You will have to post pics once your finger is healed. I think we are gonna have to take all sharp objects from you and Shann.

Dang! Wish I would have known that Mary, and I would have put off logging on for a few days. ;)
I took pics on The day he asked her to marry him. So I will post them soon. She is a down to earth girl. Suits him well. She just finished her schooling and is working at the Pharmacy. I think she will be good for him. Sweet level headed girl. She might even straighting me out some. :D

I agree me and shan both need sharp things taking away! Next time I won't hang on to the ham bone while slicing with the other hand. I will use a fork! :laugh:

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome back. :dancing:

Welcome to the board Big EArs!!! You will love it here. :)

Big Ears
01-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Dang! Wish I would have known that Mary, and I would have put off logging on for a few days. ;)
I took pics on The day he asked her to marry him. So I will post them soon. She is a down to earth girl. Suits him well. She just finished her schooling and is working at the Pharmacy. I think she will be good for him. Sweet level headed girl. She might even straighting me out some. :D

I agree me and shan both need sharp things taking away! Next time I won't hang on to the ham bone while slicing with the other hand. I will use a fork! :laugh:

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome back. :dancing:

Welcome to the board Big EArs!!! You will love it here. :)

Thank you. I hope your finger heals quickly.

BeanieLuvR
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
I can't wait to see the pics!! She sounds like a great girl! Hope your finger heals soon. :)

lizmolik
01-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Glad you are back! :hug

Aloha from paradise
01-05-2008, 07:27 PM
You silly girl! Of course we missed you! Congrats on the new daughter. I love my DIL like she is my own daughter. I hope your finger heals fast. WELCOME BACK!:hug

BigLyd1
01-06-2008, 12:35 AM
I had started a thread asking where you were recently and PrincessArky told us what was going on. Glad to see you back and to hear about your great news!

wyrmslyph
01-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Hi! Welcome back! :rainbow :rainbow

Ouch! I hope your finger heals up quick for you.

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

tarbabie
01-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Welcome back! Hope your knee feels better soon!