PDA

View Full Version : Holy cow, I missed it! yesterday is my....

Shann
01-03-2008, 06:02 PM
car's 10th anniversary of me owning it. LOL and it sits dead in the driveway :lol just grand isn't it? I seriously cannot wait til I get a new car, but how many ppl can say they've had theirs for a decade! Now if I can just get it running again.... :slap at least it's an easy fix, as long as I can get someone to do it as I know pretty much nothing about cars. :p Here's hoping that this is the LAST year I have that thing :dancing:

BigLyd1
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I had mine for 14 years before I finally gave it up last May. It would've been too expensive to fix. It's nice having a cup holder and a defroster that works now that it's winter time.

Hopefully you get yours running soon!

tsquared
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
dont you watch tv and see those commercials with them pushing their cars off the fairy etc...........?
Well.....................lol

buglebe
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
I am so ready for a new car but hubby says there's still lots of life in this one. I have gotten to where I hate the car. It feels like it has no shocks anymore but guess who says there's nothing wrong there either. It is so noisy you can't talk to anyone in the back seat and hear them. The fan on the air cond/heater works when it wants to. I loved it when we got it and want another of the same but it is a '92 and it is worn out. Men can be so stubborn!

PrincessArky
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
our car is a 2000 got it brand new in Nov of 1999
our truck is a 1985 my dad got it brand new in 1984
our van is the newest one we have now she is a 2004

so no you arent the only one with an old car lol

YankeeMary
01-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Hopefully once it gets fixed it will last yah another 10 years or until you are able to get another.

Shann
01-03-2008, 06:28 PM
wow glad I'm not alone. buglebe, I hear ya, I would complain to my dad saying I wanted a new car and he'd be like "your car is fine, it's got lots of life blah blah blah" well... every few months it needs something else and ends up dead in the drive and I'm sick sick sick of it. Ok, I take that back, it's been like 10 months since it was last dead, but still, it gets annoying and it's unreliable right now and my headlights suck. I'm hoping for it to be someone else's prob by this spring or at least before summer :D It would be nice to have a car w/ a cd player ;) LOL OOohhh and I want an automatic, this stop and go traffic w/ a stick is killing me. A girl can dream can't she ;)

dv8grl
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
What kind of car & what year?

Shann
01-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Hopefully once it gets fixed it will last yah another 10 years or until you are able to get another.

Mary shut your mouth, that's not even funny! :slap :getyou I don't think I could stand another 10 years let alone another year :lol plus all this stuff is falling off of it making it more and more ghetto... like my darn visor clips both broke off so they swing when I turn :( of course there are none available at the junk yard and duct tape doesn't fix everything ;) LOL!!! my poor poor ghetto car :D

Shann
01-03-2008, 06:32 PM
What kind of car & what year?

r u ready for this? it's a '95 Eagle Talon :lol I have to say though I loved that car back in the day ;) I liked to race the boys :D Good memories... now it's old and fallin' apart :(

cubsgirl21
01-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Shann, we so need to get you on Pimp My Ride!!! :D

Shann
01-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Shann, we so need to get you on Pimp My Ride!!! :D

LOL you know the really funny thing about that? You are so not the first person to tell me that ;)

dv8grl
01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
r u ready for this? it's a '95 Eagle Talon :lol I have to say though I loved that car back in the day ;) I liked to race the boys :D Good memories... now it's old and fallin' apart :(
WOW!!!! You have definately gotten your monies worth!!!! I miss the EAGLEs. They were cute little cars, I had gotten a loaner once when I was getting my Jeep serviced.

Beso
01-04-2008, 12:19 AM
I feel ya I have had Betsy for will be 11years in May. Its hard to give her up. In the 11 years I have had her she only didn't start twice. Once when I needed a new battery, and once when the boyfriend tried to start her. I know she hates men. But now she has some small $$$$ repairs to be done, but I am thinking of getting a new car this year sometime. I better not say that too loud, she might here me.

Good luck Shann in whatever you decide to do.

froggman
01-04-2008, 01:31 AM
I have had my car, Honda Prelude, for over 12 years now and it is still going. It is a 1992 and I bought it in 1995. It needs a few minor repairs now but it has been a GREAT car.

dv8grl
01-04-2008, 07:56 AM
I have had my car, Honda Prelude, for over 12 years now and it is still going. It is a 1992 and I bought it in 1995. It needs a few minor repairs now but it has been a GREAT car.

That is a great car. You can't go wrong with a Honda or Toyota!

I would love a classic late 70s Honda - Datsun or Toyota!

magickay
01-04-2008, 11:51 AM
My favorite car was a 1988 Honda Civic Wagon. Amazing capacity in the back! On one shopping trip, I had a small recliner and six 50-lb. bags (deer corn, sunflower seeds, and wild bird seed). Got great gas mileage, no bad blinds spots, good engineering. I had 186,000+ miles on it, and it ran great! It still ticks me off that I was hit by an underaged drinking driver speeding on a country road -- totalled the car, though I escaped any serious injury.

We still own a 1989 Dodge Ramcharger that we use occasionally.

froggman
01-04-2008, 12:13 PM

That is a great car. You can't go wrong with a Honda or Toyota!

I would love a classic late 70s Honda - Datsun or Toyota!

My favorite car was a 1988 Honda Civic Wagon. Amazing capacity in the back! On one shopping trip, I had a small recliner and six 50-lb. bags (deer corn, sunflower seeds, and wild bird seed). Got great gas mileage, no bad blinds spots, good engineering. I had 186,000+ miles on it, and it ran great! It still ticks me off that I was hit by an underaged drinking driver speeding on a country road -- totalled the car, though I escaped any serious injury.

We still own a 1989 Dodge Ramcharger that we use occasionally.

I love my Honda. I have 155,000 miles on it now and it runs fine. It has a small oil leak and a few other minor things wrong but I drive it everywhere. My family (mom, sisters, etc..) keep asking, I mean , Telling me that I need another car but why should I get another car if this one does the job. I say drive it till it doesn't work any more and then buy another used car. That is one of the keys to saving money.

dinosmom
01-04-2008, 04:26 PM
I just got rid of my Honda Civic hatchback that I purchased brand new as my first car way back in 1992. It was still running like a champ and looked fairly new too. Never had any problems with it. I actually cried when the guy who bought it came to pick it up. waaaaa I miss it!!!!!! But it was my secondary car and it was taking up precious garage space.

My Mom finally purchased a new car...a Buick Enclave. Top of the line!!!! My parents usually kept their cars for at least 10 yrs before buying a new one. She got rid of her Buick Lesabre and I think it was a 97. Sold it to the next door neighbor so its close. LOL