PDA

View Full Version : just dont know what to say...

tnfuhs
12-30-2007, 06:58 PM
I had sent out 4 christmas cards to a bbs member's children, because the mom thought that it would make their day. The other day, I had pm'd the mom to make sure that they got their cards okay. I know that there have been some problems with this person, but of course, the nice person that I am, am always giving those the benefit of the doubt, she logged on yesterday, so I'm sure she got my pm's, no I didn't request a receipt...and I should have. She didn't even pm me back to let me know, when she could have, maybe she was expecting something more then a card, I don't know, but I know that I will never help her out again!!! Patchouli, you may know what I'm talking about...... :o~

dangerousfem
12-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't know who you are talking about.. but I know sometimes I don't get a pop up notifying me of a pm.. and I don't always look.. so I have had pm's sit there for a few days before... hopefully thats all it is..... but that was nice of you to do.

bpl76
12-30-2007, 07:04 PM
That "other" person is just plain darn rude. No excuse for that!!!!

earnhardt1
12-30-2007, 07:08 PM
i had sent some to members kids here also and never got a thanks or wow i go the card

Shann
12-30-2007, 07:10 PM
that is very rude.

BeanieLuvR
12-30-2007, 08:15 PM
That was very nice of you to send her kids cards. It was extremely rude of her to ignore your pm and not thank you. Don't let one bad apple spoil the barrel. There are a lot of nice and appreciative people on this board. The good outweigh the bad. :)

Jackie_Blu
12-30-2007, 08:25 PM
I also have sent cards AND gifts....without a thanks or acknowledgement (sp)of any kind. I always include my BBS Id when I send things, so that can't honestly be used as an excuse, but a private pm to say it arrived would be nice. tnfuhs, that was very thoughtful of you to do that, and Im sorry you have been treated rudely. I understand you're not wanting to help her again, there's a few on here I won't again, either.

Njean31
12-30-2007, 09:08 PM
one time i sent someone a box full of baby stuff.......i mean a lot of stuff. never got a single thank you. that was it for me........well, for people i don't really "know" on here. sorry that happened to you.

Beso
12-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Someone like that ruins it for the rest of us. I am sorry. I would have thanked you a million times!*!*

So to all of you kind hearted people... THANK YOU.... Now adays there aren't many left. I thank everyone.. even if it was a simple thing like hold the door 2 seconds so I could grab it.

BigLyd1
12-31-2007, 12:09 AM
That was very nice of you to send her kids cards. It was extremely rude of her to ignore your pm and not thank you. Don't let one bad apple spoil the barrel. There are a lot of nice and appreciative people on this board. The good outweigh the bad. :)

:yeah

This happened to me recently. It just would be nice to know that the person got the card.

janelle
12-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Heck I don't get a thank you or hey, I got the package you sent from my own family. LOL I just expect to be ignored anymore. People are just that way now.

PrincessArky
12-31-2007, 05:57 AM
I hope this one isnt about me cause someone did send my kids cards this year and I did send a thank you

I too sent out 4 kids to someone's kids but I am terrible with names so I couldnt even tell ya who the mom is lol I do know that 2 are living in a different state because they are in the middle of moving other than that this holiday seems to be a blur

Willow
12-31-2007, 07:00 AM
I had sent out 4 christmas cards to a bbs member's children, because the mom thought that it would make their day. The other day, I had pm'd the mom to make sure that they got their cards okay. I know that there have been some problems with this person, but of course, the nice person that I am, am always giving those the benefit of the doubt, she logged on yesterday, so I'm sure she got my pm's, no I didn't request a receipt...and I should have. She didn't even pm me back to let me know, when she could have, maybe she was expecting something more then a card, I don't know, but I know that I will never help her out again!!! Patchouli, you may know what I'm talking about...... :o~

I'm sorry that she didn't acknowledge you. She is on the bad traders list so I'm really not surprised. It only takes a second to say thank you. I don't know why some people have trouble with that.

Willow
12-31-2007, 07:02 AM
I hope this one isnt about me cause someone did send my kids cards this year and I did send a thank you

I too sent out 4 kids to someone's kids but I am terrible with names so I couldnt even tell ya who the mom is lol I do know that 2 are living in a different state because they are in the middle of moving other than that this holiday seems to be a blur

No, it's not about you. :)

Willow
01-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Have you heard anything tnfuhs?

whatever
01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
I have sent a couple of cards and never got thanked for either one if i recall. NOt the i expected it. It would be a nice jesture. but if they get alot it would take awhile. And if they made a post i could have missed it. And i'm with who ever posted about pm's. Mine can sit there awhile also. I don't always look to see if i have them. I'm not ignoring. Just sometimes, unless i have a trade etc, don't think to look up there.

fleabones3
01-01-2008, 08:22 PM
That is awful. I am new to this site, but I always try to say thank you. I am not a Christmas card sender, but I always try to email a thank you when people send me one, or my kids.

Willow
01-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I get a pop up telling me when I have a pm. I also get an email.

dangerousfem
01-02-2008, 11:04 AM
mine is hit and miss... sometimes I get the opo up.. sometimes not...sometimes I get th email.. sometimes not..lol

tnfuhs
01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
She pm'd me and let me know that she was busy and the kids were thrilled about the cards, at least I know they were received

tnfuhs
01-02-2008, 11:52 AM

nope not about you, its not your turn yet...lol

PrincessArky
01-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I get a pop up telling me when I have a pm. I also get an email.

wow I never get a pop up but I do normally get the email