PDA

View Full Version : god help me i'm gonna blow

whatever
12-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Okay so here is the story:
I bought those 20% off certificates on Ebay in november. they are home depot but without bar codes. so he says you have to use them at Lowes. Well i tried 2 different lowes and a HOme depot. They would not take them. In the listing it states i have 30 days for them quarnateed to work or my money back, EVERY PENNY. That is exactly in his listing. the auction ended on Nov. 18th and i did not get them till the 25th or 26th. So when i could not use i contacted him on Dec. 17th. That was the soonest i could get to a lowes.
At any rate he agreed to have me send them back and he would refund all my money. No problems so far.
Then i figured it would take about 4-5 days for him to get them and i should get a refund, right? wrong. He would not respond to my emails. so i filed a dispute with Ebay. The one thing i did do wrong however, IN HASTE, not reading thoroughly i hit the wrong sentence. I did not want to pay listing fees for him. That was not our agreement. so i thought by selecting not paying listing fees that meant he had to pay the full amount back. He claims i lied to ebay and that i still want the certificates. I told him i contacted ebay and explained what happened. He is being very rude and is saying he will give me my money back if i leave him a positive feedback. And i said fine as long as you promise to do the same. But i think he is dragging this out for some reason. Is it because i can file a paypal dispute. Can someone help me??
I want this over with. Ebay has already said if he does not pay he could lose privleges etc.

pepperpot
12-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Is this guy out of Florida?

A few years back I bought the 20% Home Depot to use at Lowes and they didn't work. They supposedly were 'guaranteed'......I mailed them back to him and he never refunded nor responded to any emails....I never got the chance to make a case at ebay....life got busy and it wasn't all that much money.....

Hope you get this resolved....

whatever
12-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Is this guy out of Florida?

A few years back I bought the 20% Home Depot to use at Lowes and they didn't work. They supposedly were 'guaranteed'......I mailed them back to him and he never refunded nor responded to any emails....I never got the chance to make a case at ebay....life got busy and it wasn't all that much money.....

Hope you get this resolved....

Michigan. It is for $24.49. which really isn't alot of money. but now its down to principal!!!

Shann
12-28-2007, 06:11 PM
regardless of how much money you lost bottom line is he sold you something that you cannot use and could be considered fraud. I honestly would have NEVER promised to leave him a positive, other buyers need to know what a scammer he is and be warned of the things he pulls. If you paid through paypal I'd be submitting a complaint ASAP, who cares what he thinks. I also think he should lose privileges through ebay if he's going to scam ppl.

Memedav
12-28-2007, 06:33 PM
I agree with Shann, file that paypal dispute right away. If he wants the problem to go away then he needs to refund your money. Hopefully in the end that is what will happen. Also, I wouldn't leave him positive fb either. If he retaliates with his own negative then you can always reply to it and just say the coupons won't work. Most people would take that into consideration and not take your negative too seriously. Good luck to you!

whatever
12-28-2007, 07:46 PM
What is irritating me is he keeps trying to say i lied to ebay. About what??
I have no idea what he is talking about. I just emailed him and told him he has til noon tommorow to refund my money or i file a paypal dispute and email ebay of his nonpayment refund. I think then he might loose selling privelages or something to that extent. I bet temporary, but at least i feel he is trying to stiff me.

kyswpgrl
12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't give him an ultimatum. You have very little time left with Paypal, so go ahead and file NOW. It will take them several weeks to get anything done and you better pray he doesn't take all the money out of the account. Keep your claim going with Ebay too. Now my question is...what kind of coupon for one store can you use at another??? That's crazy.

ilovecats
12-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree,file for A dispute now!The one time I had to do this(after ignored e-mails,lies,etc.)The scammer refunded me within hours of my opening A dispute.They knew I was going to win,so paid it right back.I think this person is stringing you along so that you miss the deadline.

iluvmybaby
12-28-2007, 09:12 PM
I was just going to tell you to file a dispute, do you have delivery confirmation that you sent them back to him and that he received it? Anytime you do anything through paypal, ALWAYS use DC

pepperpot
12-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Now my question is...what kind of coupon for one store can you use at another??? That's crazy.

Lowes and Home Depot honor competitor's coupons....

kyswpgrl
12-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Lowes and Home Depot honor competitor's coupons....

OK...makes sense now. LOL I never knew that. Thank you!

whatever
12-29-2007, 10:06 AM
I just filed with paypal. NOW lets see if i get anywhere with them! He is harrassing me at ebay. calling me a liar. etc. I have a reciept fromthe po with his state and zip. which is all you can get when mailing a letter. I thought certified mail but then i thought what if he refuses it?
I thought they would settle it. but he will probably harrass me there now. He is still trying to get me to leave him postive feedback!

whatever
12-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Well i'm probably screwed out of my money anyway. I did not know what one to select. they only give you 2 options. and so i hit i did not recieve. which was probably stupid. and now He claims I will get kicked off ebay for saying that? Well i sent them back. so to say i still had them, i don't. He has them. so the other option seemed wrong also. they needed a i sent back option.
At this point i want my money back to prove him wrong. He is harrassing me in emails like crazy. I informed ebay of that. I figure at least if i go down i'm taking him with me!

jnc880
12-29-2007, 10:54 AM
I have found in the past calling paypal and actually talking about the problem gets things done faster after you file maybe you can call or even just call and let them know about this guy the number i have is 1-888-221-1161 maybe that will help you

jnc880
12-29-2007, 10:58 AM
and dc # will show you sent it back to him and you will get your money back, I sell on ebay and buy and last year i bought a snowmobile seat off a jerk who told me it would fit our sled and didnt well i sent it right back and paid for the shipping told the guy it had a broke tail light and was 2 inches to short even after sending it back he did not want to give me a refund even having dc# for sending it back the guy tried really hard to make sure paypal didnt pay me back my 125.00 or something like that well after i filed with all numbers and info i called and seemed it didnt take as long to get my money back, that guy makes me mad!! he is my one and only bad feedback..:( all because he didnt want to give me money back even after he had his item back in hand Some people I tell ya

YankeeMary
12-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I am just curious here, if your paypal is funded by a credit card with the visa label couldn't you contact Visa and dispute that charge? Just thinking here.

whatever
12-29-2007, 11:37 AM
I paid funded paypal. that is all he would take. Plus i have quite a bit in there. Just got off the phone with a really nice lady. and she said it was fine i selected the one i did. that way if he does not have tracking number for mailing it. He's screwed. and if he tries to harrass me like he does on ebay thru paypal it goes on his permanent record. Boy am i glad i at least got some type of a reciept. She pulled up his ebay record which is starting to look bad from selling those darn things. He still has not responded to my dispute. She did give me a credit back. Thanks for the phone number, I will keep everyone posted. I jsut cant believe he would not just pay me and let it be done with!

flute
12-29-2007, 12:20 PM
U G H ebay!
I won an auction nov 29 and when I hadn't heard anything on Christmas eve (he was ignoring my messages!) I got his conctact info (fradulent~) and filed all sorts of complaints and supposedly now he's shipped it ya right I've already left him all kindsa negative fb and reported his fradulent info everywhere.

Oh well I'm so sorry you've been duped!

whatever
12-29-2007, 01:20 PM
U G H ebay!
I won an auction nov 29 and when I hadn't heard anything on Christmas eve (he was ignoring my messages!) I got his conctact info (fradulent~) and filed all sorts of complaints and supposedly now he's shipped it ya right I've already left him all kindsa negative fb and reported his fradulent info everywhere.

Oh well I'm so sorry you've been duped!

I am to where i hate buying from ebay!! It is my last resort anymore!
I have turned him in for all the harrassing emails. i doubt anything happens to him. I noticed as soon as i filed the pp dispute they stopped. And he has not replied to that either.

flute
12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I am to where i hate buying from ebay!! It is my last resort anymore!

((hugs)) I am sorry.

whatever
12-29-2007, 04:04 PM
If paypal gave me a credit ( she said it would take a couple days to show up)
can they take it back?
He is fighting me tooth and nail on this. I asked her if i should change the way i listed it and she said no. but like he even says i have gotten them.
but sent them back.will they take that into consideration if they have to settle it. Which is what is going to happen. cause we are getting nowhere.
But he has my money and the gift certifcates which he claims not to have gotten, but i think he is lying about it. Cause one min. it makes it sound like he has them then the next he says he never got them back. yeah right.

YankeeMary
12-29-2007, 04:11 PM
At this point, IMO I would no longer communicate with him. I would only talk to paypal and ebay obviously this man is an ass as well as a scammer. Leave honest negative feedback and be done with him. He isn't worth all this hassle.

whatever
12-29-2007, 05:07 PM
At this point, IMO I would no longer communicate with him. I would only talk to paypal and ebay obviously this man is an ass as well as a scammer. Leave honest negative feedback and be done with him. He isn't worth all this hassle.

If i thought i would not get into trouble for coping and pasting the stuff he is saying i would.

whatever
12-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Can you still send pp if you have a dispute going?

whatever
12-30-2007, 08:23 PM
pp gave me a credit and the jacka@@ is still harrassing me, saying i am a liar.
He still denies having them all the while listing them.
HOw can i block his damn messages???

PrincessArky
12-31-2007, 06:00 AM
wow what a mess hope you get it sorted out