PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Shopping

sunniekiss
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
At least I did this Christmas. Why is it that people just HAVE to open up a credit card when the store is the busiest?
Yesterday at Victoria's Secret they had 4 registers going & a line at least 15 deep at each one. It seemed like every other person wanted to open up a credit card. I just put the stuff back. I'll order online.
Why couldn't they just have 1 line set up just for people who wanted to open up a cc?
I am so happy I decided against working retail over Christmas. I might have clobbered someone :lol

freeplease
12-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I hope you get your order online. lol I'm still waiting for mine. I guess they're all taking turns wearing that dang bra before they actually mail it.

Heidi
12-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Well if the darn employees didn't try talking every customer into applying for a stupid credit card then there might not be as many people signing up. I hate when V.S. and Target ask if I want to apply for a card every friggin' time I'm checking out.

bulldog6186
12-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes I agree they should set up a line just for credit card apps. On the other hand that's their job to ask you if you would like to fill out a credit application and also some stores offer so much off if your approved.

Shann
12-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Well if the darn employees didn't try talking every customer into applying for a stupid credit card then there might not be as many people signing up. I hate when V.S. and Target ask if I want to apply for a card every friggin' time I'm checking out.

yep. there is no way they will ever just set up one line b/c the cashiers are told to push those cc's...chances are those getting them really didn't want them but then they hear they can get such and such % off their order.. well they're sold. I cannot stand long lines either, I'm extremely impatient and I would have put the stuff back as well.

dv8grl
12-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Most the time, the cashier gets a kick-back when someone signs up for a CC. When I worked @ Sears when I was in HighSchool, we got $5 for every CC application we got., didn't even have to be approved.

...but I do agree., one lane should be regular purchases only.

ladybugva
12-21-2007, 10:34 PM
retail pushes credit cards. that is how they make a lof of their money.
We don't always get something for getting credit. they run incentives from time to time (get 3 get $5, pop a balloon for a prize for every 2...)

I do know it's annoying. Lines are so long right now.

PrincessArky
12-22-2007, 06:19 AM
man that stinks..............hope your order comes in time

sunniekiss
12-22-2007, 06:35 PM
What I am buying is for me so no biggie when it gets here.